Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

8 hours ago, Grandad said:

Reported in The Athletic this morning a number of club owners, including Barnsley, have said they will sue the EFL if they are relgated and we are allowed to commence next season in the Championshiop on minus points after the legal cases are concluded against us, Derby and Birmingham

Tell em to f*** off.

15 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But we may be hit twice - once for breaching FFP fuels and once for misconduct for coming up with a ruse to pretend we hadn't breached FFP rules. They're the charges - I'm not saying we're guilty, I'm saying if we are found guilty. 

The potential penalties are many and diverse - from a fine or transfer embargo to a lot of points - there was talk of up to 21 points - or automatic relegation. 

A major plus will come out of this Chansiri  might leave ,A disaster for this club.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

In all fairness if the roles were reversed we’d be saying the same. That’s the unfortunate nature of the grey areas surrounding the whole FFP and P&S.

To be fair, what we're charged with doesn't seem like what I'd describe as a grey area. The real issue is what documentation there is to corroborate the respective versions of events. 

28 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

In all fairness if the roles were reversed we’d be saying the same. That’s the unfortunate nature of the grey areas surrounding the whole FFP and P&S.

Fairs fair?

We got relegated by Palace who had been in admin....We all got f.ooked by Wolves who flouted the rules and got outta jail by ecaping through the sodding attic..Numerous clubs have burned it down, lesft creditors in the lurch and are now well above us in the sodding league...Parachute payments start AFTER we got relegated....

I don't give a flyer how we get outta this one...fair, unfair, court, coin throw, or simply stopping the current season...

I won't feel any guilt whatsoever...Because when virtually  every single club in the league is r *ppin' the p*ss...Where do you point the finger?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

That's another example of an article (bad press) 

I'm looking for one example from our friend in this thread that can demonstrate exactly how this bad press has impacted Wednesday

Reduced ticket sales?

Players not coming?
Business refusing to do deals with us?

Anything basically...

Just one example to prove that he's not just said 'Wednesday's brand has definitely been damaged by bad press' and made it all up in his head.

I just want education and to learn, but am not willing to believe people if they can't back up what they're saying with truth or examples we can see

You'll know from all the time we've debated on here that I'm the first to hold my hands up and say 'yeah you're right actually' if I'm wrong about something. I am here to learn.

Like you can't back up the fact that it isn't damaged..

Tickets, players signing... not part of the debate

2 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I am giving up now to go sit in the sun

I can safely announce that you’ve been stunned out and shown to have just stated something with ZERO to back it up

Go get yourself in the sunshine and have a relaxing afternoon instead of this nonsense 👍

That is exactly where I have been sat in the sun...as I have said (or could grandly announce and capitalise as you do) you have zero to back up the counter argument, so this is going nowhere

8 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

OK and I know I’m going to get negged to death for this but this particular article and the general negativity towards us since this process began could be used to our advantage?

For instance usually in court cases, the jury is usually told to ignore any outside interference or certain comments that may be uttered during the process, yet I’m pretty sure despite told to, it’s very difficult to do this?

We could quite easily claim that articles like today’s are putting pressure on the commission to find us guilty. Two clubs featured in this article stand to gain should we get points deducted or are automatically relegated? And someone from another club has arguably made a personal attack on Chansiri?

Yes, and before the someone turns around and say well we could be guilty? I take this on board but from the outside looking in there seems to be pressure from outside to make sure we are?

Anyway as I said before only time will tell but I think the fact the individual charges were dropped suggest it’s not as clear cut a case as some might think?

No chance! :ph34r:

7 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Disgrace - Yes

End of the world? - Nope

More fun beating every team down there? - DEFINITELY

lol

Like the fun we had in 2003-04 and 2010-11?

7 hours ago, rickygoo said:

The Barnsley line is the news line - that they'll sue if penalties aren't imposed this season. I hadn't heard that before. The rest puts it into context  - not every football fan is aware of the back story.

I doubt every football fan will care to pay to read it either.

Most Wednesday fans know the gist of our situation and would not be surprised to hear that relegation threatened clubs would consider legal action if a decision is not reached and applied to the current season.

However, the accounts in question related to the 2017-18 season so why specifically the struggling clubs this season feel more aggrieved than say the clubs that were relegated last season I'm not sure. I suppose it is because the issue is under investigation this season but if we are proved to have done wrong and are penalised, surely it affected last season as well? 

6 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Question - How many legal cases would there be if every single club simply stuck to the rules?

I wasn't aware it had been proven that we haven't abided by the rules.

10 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

whole thing is a shambles

Birmingham got 9 points deduction

QPR got a 10m fine paid over 10 years and a 1 window transfer ban for massively exceeding the limit

if Villa are relegated nothing will happen to them. Bournemouth flouted the rules to get promoted, nothing happened to them. Leicester went bust to clear the decks got promoted and nothing happened to them

you forgot wolves too who spent more in 1 year on wages/transfers than what your allowed in 3 years , also aint reading in trouble too? 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

So let’s say we are found guilty and the EFL dock us points. I’m sure we will appeal it. Would the points be deducted straight away before the appeal is over? 

We cannot appeal an Independant Disciplinary panel decision , the EFL can if they feel the punishment isn’t sufficient and I believe there into that process with Birmingham’s recent outcome 

10 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

you forgot wolves too who spent more in 1 year on wages/transfers than what your allowed in 3 years , also aint reading in trouble too? 

Newcastle also made a greater financial loss in 1 year at this level than we are permitted to do over 3 years but that's fine because they escaped and clubs with parachute payments are afforded more leeway anyway. 

20 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

We cannot appeal an Independant Disciplinary panel decision , the EFL can if they feel the punishment isn’t sufficient and I believe there into that process with Birmingham’s recent outcome 

I'd be extremely surprised if we can't. You certainly can in Rugby.

Both parties to the hearing (RFU and the player) have the right to appeal decisions. Appeals must be lodged within 24 hours (Aviva Premiership) or 48 hours (Greene King IPA Championship and Tyrells Premier 15s matches) from when the full written decision of the Disciplinary Panel or Single Judicial Officer is sent.

A different sport obviously, but surely the same context applies? An Independant Panel can't be judge, jury and executioner. And nor can one party and not the other. That's just plain stupid, as it's one rule for one, and one for another.

Edited by ChapSmurf