Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

1 minute ago, Harrysgame said:

Must be at least 100 to have seen great times...only thing that springs to mind was a league cup win in 90 years.!

We will see what happens, for what it's worth reckon we will be ok and avoid a points deduction...just think if it was such a strong case against us we would have been done by now. Hope im right...

I class much of the 90's as great times, the best I've ever seen in my lifetime, league cup final, promotion from League 2(Championship) at the first attempt, finishing 3rd in the prem and reaching both cup finales, playing in Europe, having players such as Carbone, PDC, Waddle and numerous internationals in our starting 11.

I like many people believe the theory that it boils down to written consent from the EFL, if we have it we're safe, if we don't we are buggered, if we have it why are the EFL pushing this through and wasting untold amounts of money in legal fees when they know their wrong. When Gibson and the others chimed up they could have simply released a statement saying we had their approval and have broken no laws.

FWIW I believe Chansiri saw Derby and Villa do it and thought I'm having some of that, failed to hand our accounts in on time as a result of pushing an inflated ground sale through to avoid falling foul of P and S rules and incurring a punishment.

Time will tell and I will be ecstatic if I'm wrong.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I class much of the 90's as great times, the best I've ever seen in my lifetime, league cup final, promotion from League 2(Championship) at the first attempt, finishing 3rd in the prem and reaching both cup finales, playing in Europe, having players such as Carbone, PDC, Waddle and numerous internationals in our starting 11.

I like many people believe the theory that it boils down to written consent from the EFL, if we have it we're safe, if we don't we are buggered, if we have it why are the EFL pushing this through and wasting untold amounts of money in legal fees when they know their wrong. When Gibson and the others chimed up they could have simply released a statement saying we had their approval and have broken no laws.

FWIW I believe Chansiri saw Derby and Villa do it and thought I'm having some of that, failed to hand our accounts in on time as a result of pushing an inflated ground sale through to avoid falling foul of P and S rules and incurring a punishment.

Time will tell and I will be ecstatic if I'm wrong.

Remind me,when is the date of the hearing.

19 minutes ago, devonshire owl said:

The case the EFL are bringing against swfc.

Do you mean the hearing to award us instant promotion for our financial acumen and our unwavering support to the EFL in their fight against financial mismanagement in football.

5 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Must be at least 100 to have seen great times...only thing that springs to mind was a league cup win in 90 years.!

We will see what happens, for what it's worth reckon we will be ok and avoid a points deduction...just think if it was such a strong case against us we would have been done by now. Hope im right...

My gut feeling is someone at the EFL messed up sending supportive emails re ground sale. EFL are now trying to appease it's members by going through the motions. Their FFP is in ruins and I personally think Parry knows that.

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

My gut feeling is someone at the EFL messed up sending supportive emails re ground sale. EFL are now trying to appease it's members by going through the motions. Their FFP is in ruins and I personally think Parry knows that.

TBH could be something in that, seen it before where people and businesses get dragged through crap just so organisations can save face. 

Think this Covid situation may be the death knell for FFP, what clubs need are wealthy backers who are prepared to put hands in pockets. Bet the EFL would love someone to come along with a limp of cash to give to clubs.

They've just released a letter sent to EFL complaining about governance!

They say they are owed a transfer fee from an unnamed championship club, which is apparently Hull and they are 9 months late with it!

Hull are also 4th bottom and want the season finished!

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Not at all, I've openly said Chansiri isn't up to the job and should sell before he drags us back to the dark ages.

Chansiri is not a fan of Sheffield Wednesday, he isn't even a football fan and I've seen no evidence to suggest that he is a successful business man either.

Truth is he is a chancer, he has thrown a bit of money our way in the gamble for promotion and it nearly came off, sadly for him it didn't and now there is no way left but down because he hasn't a clue what he is doing.

Sadly his lack of knowledge has caused  our problems and I will take little pleasure in watching this end badly for us.

I am a Wednesday fan through and through, I've seen ok times, I've seen great times and I've seen the bad times but I've never seen us be that grubby club that we are turning into.

That ‘bit of money’ is £50 odd million and more than any other chairman. ‘This grubby club’ disagree with Chansiri but season tickets are reasonable value. He hasn’t sued fans. Done the pitch and other infrastructure improvements. It might well all end badly, but then it has with English owners, local businessman. 

The best chairman we have had was Milan M. Just wish he had gambled and spent some serious cash and tried to get us up to the PL.

49 minutes ago, jonnyowl said:

They've just released a letter sent to EFL complaining about governance!

They say they are owed a transfer fee from an unnamed championship club, which is apparently Hull and they are 9 months late with it!

Hull are also 4th bottom and want the season finished!

What happened to all their premier League money?

24 minutes ago, EXCALIBUR said:

Club is Wigan that owes them money for keifer Moore I'm led to believe. 

Seen a few tweets saying it’s Hull withholding the last payment for Angus McDonald because Barnsley didn’t pass on some medical info relating to his bowel cancer.