Barnsley amongst clubs threatening to sue EFL if we arent relegated

Guest Grandad

On 21/05/2020 at 14:17, room0035 said:

The ground is in Hillsborough a run down area of Sheffield not Dore or a more affluent area.

So say the land and buildings are worth £60m is a fetch, but the fact that was the price that was needed, to make sure the club just avoided breaking the FFP limits makes it look even fishier. 

Simple question if the valuation was done by a third party they have their own integrity to adhere to, if they have done anything wrong they should be brought against their governing body and I have not heard of anything in the press to this stance.

The problem for the EFL is the accounts were accepted by Co House, the tax computation were accepted by inland revenue, the correct documents were filed with the governing bodies and the valuation appears to have been sign off by the EFL prior to any of the documents being file. The issues seems to have been around the timing of the events.

The query I have is all teams in the division have to file accounts with the EFL by the end of March each season or breach the rules, so why did the club extend their filing date last year. This suggest they made changes to their figures and the EFL may not signed of the final figures. Or this could just be conjecture.

Either way I think for charges to be brought in November, to still be sat here nearly 6 months later and no nearer to a decision is not acceptable. This need finalising one way or the other before we kick another ball this season. If we get a points deduction we then have 9 games to avoid relegation if we can. It cannot be left until the end of the season if any punishment affects this season. 

Many ways of valuations in the corporate world.  

16 minutes ago, scram said:

One thing some people might be missing is that although the clubs might agree to resuming - the players haven't yet

Nor the Dr's

Yh there’s a few assuming the players are just gonna fall in like sheep 

Due to the apparent mess of our case I reckon the people dealing with it will be hoping the season starts again in mid June and we go on some decent run of form so that come the hearing in July they can deduct about 9-12 points that still keeps us up, and doesn’t effect the relegation situation. Otherwise it’s going to get very messy. More mess than the mess I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Proper messy and not the footballer 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Due to the apparent mess of our case I reckon the people dealing with it will be hoping the season starts again in mid June and we go on some decent run of form so that come the hearing in July they can deduct about 9-12 points that still keeps us up, and doesn’t effect the relegation situation. Otherwise it’s going to get very messy. More mess than the mess I mentioned at the beginning of this post. Proper messy and not the footballer 

This "apparent" mess of our case is what exactly ?

It sounds to me as though they are pushing for automatic relegation? That said we have to be found guilty first and we arguably won the first round when the individual charges were dropped? I know a few on here have scoffed at that but I fail to see how this development can't be seen as significant going forward and certainly in our favour?

Edited by Great Big Galaa

7 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

As in the "apparent" dodgy ground sale we fudged. 

Would that be the 'dodgy' sale that the individuals charged were found to have no case to answer?

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Would that be the 'dodgy' sale that the individuals charged were found to have no case to answer?

That the one, the one that the EFL are keen to push through because they believe they have a case against us.

Ultimately time will tell, personally I can't see how anyone thinks we are getting away with this.

Just now, Blue and white said:

That the one, the one that the EFL are keen to push through because they are running scared of Gibson and the other clubs in danger of going down. 

Ultimately time will tell, personally I can't see how anyone thinks we are getting away with this.

Corrected for you.

Imho, continuing with our case is nothing more than an arsecovering exercise. 

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Corrected for you.

Imho, continuing with our case is nothing more than an arsecovering exercise. 

I really wish I had your confidence fella, I can't see beyond us getting bent over and given the good news, I hope I'm wrong.

Sad thing is we shouldn't even be in this position, the club is a complete car crash.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

I really wish I had your confidence fella, I can't see beyond us getting bent over and given the good news, I hope I'm wrong.

Sad thing is we shouldn't even be in this position, the club is a complete car crash.

Your postings with regards to the finances of swfc and more specifically Chansiri and the "Ahem" getting away with it,just like when the misconduct charges against the 3 individuals were dropped,would lead me to believe that your "hope i'm wrong" should be "I can't wait to rip chansiri a new one,because i told you so".

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Your postings with regards to the finances of swfc and more specifically Chansiri and the "Ahem" getting away with it,just like when the misconduct charges against the 3 individuals were dropped,would lead me to believe that your "hope i'm wrong" should be "I can't wait to rip chansiri a new one,because i told you so".

Not at all, I've openly said Chansiri isn't up to the job and should sell before he drags us back to the dark ages.

Chansiri is not a fan of Sheffield Wednesday, he isn't even a football fan and I've seen no evidence to suggest that he is a successful business man either.

Truth is he is a chancer, he has thrown a bit of money our way in the gamble for promotion and it nearly came off, sadly for him it didn't and now there is no way left but down because he hasn't a clue what he is doing.

Sadly his lack of knowledge has caused  our problems and I will take little pleasure in watching this end badly for us.

I am a Wednesday fan through and through, I've seen ok times, I've seen great times and I've seen the bad times but I've never seen us be that grubby club that we are turning into.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Not at all, I've openly said Chansiri isn't up to the job and should sell before he drags us back to the dark ages.

Chansiri is not a fan of Sheffield Wednesday, he isn't even a football fan and I've seen no evidence to suggest that he is a successful business man either.

Truth is he is a chancer, he has thrown a bit of money our way in the gamble for promotion and it nearly came off, sadly for him it didn't and now there is no way left but down because he hasn't a clue what he is doing.

Sadly his lack of knowledge has caused  our problems and I will take little pleasure in watching this end badly for us.

I am a Wednesday fan through and through, I've seen ok times, I've seen great times and I've seen the bad times but I've never seen us be that grubby club that we are turning into.

Must be at least 100 to have seen great times...only thing that springs to mind was a league cup win in 90 years.!

We will see what happens, for what it's worth reckon we will be ok and avoid a points deduction...just think if it was such a strong case against us we would have been done by now. Hope im right...