External Ground Improvements at Hillsborough

I hate that patch on the Kop where the old owl crest used to be. It's totally unmissable when approaching the ground down Penistone Road or Herries road. 

Who the fizz removes something that has been there 20 years, sees the big dark patch that makes the whole stand look like poo, and then just leaves it? 

We're not talking mega money here, we're talking some paint. It's shocking the level of care we've shown this historic stadium over the years. 

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 16.30.55.jpg

Screenshot 2020-04-27 at 16.31.28.jpg

The back of the Kop as you come from the City Centre end showing before and after, with the removal of all the advertising boards and banners

As you go towards Sheffield you will see digital advertising hoardings.

Now look at the EMPTY spaces on the photograph, how much revenue could be brought into the club if that space was used for Digital advertising?.

3 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

As you go towards Sheffield you will see digital advertising hoardings.

Now look at the EMPTY spaces on the photograph, how much revenue could be brought into the club if that space was used for Digital advertising?.

My guess is the council wouldn't permit it

Owlstalk Shop

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for all that but, football wise we are exactly where we was when he first arrived, infact actually worse because our head coach then could set us up properly to defend, wish he had half the money Carlos had to sign a few goal scorers and who knows where we would be. 

46 minutes ago, Andrew_Owl said:

Don't get me wrong I'm grateful for all that but, football wise we are exactly where we was when he first arrived, infact actually worse because our head coach then could set us up properly to defend, wish he had half the money Carlos had to sign a few goal scorers and who knows where we would be. 

Yeah but this isn't about football this thread. It's about the upkeep of the outside of the ground!

Owlstalk Shop

5 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

I’m not sure what you expect with regards to improvements on the outside of the ground?

All this costs money and Chansiri has gone a good job of making the ground look better from the outside.

Any further improvements or additions would have to be a sensible one and possibly only done if it can make its money back or make a profit for the club (eg huge advertising screen) otherwise what’s the point? 

I’m happy overall with the clubs railings and doors getting tidied up and a darker blue paint used to make it look less faded. Chansiri didn’t have to do this but chose to in order to keep things looking smarter.

I would guess the next upgrade would be to turnstiles and how they work (eg more automated) but that would be a significant upgrade.

The West Stand is not an improvement, it’s a change, but it’s just as bad in a different way.

23 minutes ago, Howards back said:

Had character? Yes like the Kelvin Flats had character. 

I always liked the Le Corbusier Brutalism of Kelvin Flats, & I love what's under the 'frightened owl sniffing a bumhole' banner on the Lepp.

They might even be listed now if they were still up, like Park Hill, who knows.

Suppose we've just got different tastes mate.

image.jpg

6 minutes ago, matt68owls said:

I don't think Chansiri will spend a lot of money on the ground, his priority is to get us promoted and then I think he will build a new ground whether we like it or not.

If he does build a new ground he could build something a bit Brutalist & Kelvin Flatsy, just so I'm happy.

Something like this one in Macedonia (based on Elland Rd apparently)

f2i3dw2ufgkz.jpg

• Haha 3

Guest Grez Bez

This just highlights how poor it has been but at least something has happened.

Fans of other clubs take it for granted when the stadium gets upgraded. I get excited if we've painted the turnstile doors!

The West stand looks better but the owl eyes are abysmal. 

We've been behind for years but that gap is getting bigger and bigger

37 minutes ago, Wrightyowl said:

If he does build a new ground he could build something a bit Brutalist & Kelvin Flatsy, just so I'm happy.

Something like this one in Macedonia (based on Elland Rd apparently)

f2i3dw2ufgkz.jpg

be great when they put the roof on.

3 hours ago, Wrightyowl said:

I always liked the Le Corbusier Brutalism of Kelvin Flats, & I love what's under the 'frightened owl sniffing a bumhole' banner on the Lepp.

They might even be listed now if they were still up, like Park Hill, who knows.

Suppose we've just got different tastes mate.

image.jpg

Thankfully we we all have different tastes or life would be so boring. 

• Haha 1