Would your patience with players change if it was your money?

Guest Bulgaria
12 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

According to scientist covid- 19 can only survive in alcohol for a few minutes, that's why it's commonly used for wiping surfaces, and washing hands.

Are you thinking what i'm thinking? 🤔

My village is on a permanent pissed up on Rakia  ( potent homemade spirit ) lockdown.

Not one person has symptoms.

18 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

If you were paying our players out of your own pocket would your patience with some of them change?

Eg Forestieri as an example.. if you were paying him out of your own personal pocket would you be wanting more from him?

I do pay with my money it's chairman that says he doesn't need it.

but I get your point, if I was running the club the first thing to do would be the manager simple not good enough.

the next thing would be scrap the silly pricing structure, £30 adults, £15 concession and a few rates for kids. I would make sure the season tickets were also value for money without having to price out POTG fans to pay for them.

I would look then at the marketing, sponsorship and merchandising for the best way to maximise it without ripping people off.

then the focus would be on the team a first team squad of about 20-22 is needed with youth from the development squad filling in when needed.

where we have more than 2 players in an position they would be sold or if younger loaned out.

The emphasis would be put on a team, not 11 individual players and building from the ground up.

It make take a few years but I would build a self sufficient club not one losing £20m a season going backwards.

But I don't have £50m to pay DC asking price so we will just continue to slide further and further.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, room0035 said:

but I get your point, if I was running the club the first thing to do would be the manager simple not good enough.

the next thing would be scrap the silly pricing structure, £30 adults, £15 concession and a few rates for kids. I would make sure the season tickets were also value for money without having to price out POTG fans to pay for them.

I would look then at the marketing, sponsorship and merchandising for the best way to maximise it without ripping people off.

then the focus would be on the team a first team squad of about 20-22 is needed with youth from the development squad filling in when needed.

where we have more than 2 players in an position they would be sold or if younger loaned out.

The emphasis would be put on a team, not 11 individual players and building from the ground up.

It make take a few years but I would build a self sufficient club not one losing £20m a season going backwards.

But I don't have £50m to pay DC asking price so we will just continue to slide further and further.

But,if you were paying players out of your own pocket,would your patience with some of them change  ?

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

All that would take a few seasons and the fans want to be up for Christmas......  

image.png.dbb19e0a78231cfdf0d28276559fb997.png

On 24/04/2020 at 16:48, @owlstalk said:

(Is anyone else drinking significant amounts of Budweiser during this lockdown?)

Nope, I'm drinking Guinsecco: a Prosecco and Guin.......forget it! You wouldn't understand lol

On 24/04/2020 at 19:31, sherlyegg said:

According to scientist covid- 19 can only survive in alcohol for a few minutes, that's why it's commonly used for wiping surfaces, and washing hands.

Are you thinking what i'm thinking? 🤔

Yes, but the important part of that, is that the alcohol must be over 60%.

So pour yourself a double of the strong stuff. I'm not a scientist, but I reckon that would work. :tango:

2 hours ago, ChapSmurf said:

Yes, but the important part of that, is that the alcohol must be over 60%.

So pour yourself a double of the strong stuff. I'm not a scientist, but I reckon that would work. :tango:

I normally drink Spirytus Polish vodka...only need one of them, potent enough to power a petrol enging, also good for paint stripper.

lol

• Haha 1

Strange thread.

I buy a season ticket every year.  One of the most expensive ST in UK football.  So do thousands of other SWFC fans.

I’d call that a significant financial contribution towards our player’s wages and running of the club.

Then when Piaxao/Doyern/Chansiri/Monk end up spaffing that money on the likes of Da Cruz, Odubajo, Pelupessy etc it’s galling to see our hard-earned money wasted like that.

9 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

Strange thread.

I buy a season ticket every year.  One of the most expensive ST in UK football.  So do thousands of other SWFC fans.

I’d call that a significant financial contribution towards our player’s wages and running of the club.

Then when Piaxao/Doyern/Chansiri/Monk end up spaffing that money on the likes of Da Cruz, Odubajo, Pelupessy etc it’s galling to see our hard-earned money wasted like that.

Yep i'm sure they wasted it on a purpose

🤔