Sheffield Wednesday at their devastating best..

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 00.01.15.jpg

For anyone too young to have seen this side or too young to have seen Sheffield Wednesday play in Europe let me introduce you to this match against Spora Luxembourg 

Watch the speed at which this side played, the accuracy of the passing, the way our wingers drifted past players, the sheer rapid pace of the players, particularly the strike force, and the clinical finishing for the goals. These aren't tap in's these are class goals fired in..

Also huge shout out to Alan Smith the Sheffield Wednesday physio for saving Paul Warhurst's life after he collapsed on the pitch having swallowed his tongue following a clash with the Spora goalkeeper.

All in all this video has it all. 

What a team. What a side. What a performance

Owlstalk Shop

That was a truly great night, one that I thought we had arrived.

What stood out from watching the replay is what a fortress Hillsborough used to be, its pretty much dead these days with no atmosphere to speak of.

I crave a team like that again, the fitness, the passion, the desire, all of them were absolute granite

Got panned for saying it the other week, but give me that era of football any day of the week . The premier league is dull mane predicable , and as for the current Wednesday squad , well that’s a whole new level of dross . Would happily give up the ‘best league in the world tag’ for exciting , passion filled football like this any day . 

25 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Got panned for saying it the other week, but give me that era of football any day of the week . The premier league is dull mane predicable , and as for the current Wednesday squad , well that’s a whole new level of dross . Would happily give up the ‘best league in the world tag’ for exciting , passion filled football like this any day . 

in other words “Wednesday are wubbish and I dont ike it mummy, so all football is wubbish”

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, james o connor said:

I totally agree

Premier League football is tedious 

Owlstalk Shop

12 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-04-06 at 00.01.15.jpg

For anyone too young to have seen this side or too young to have seen Sheffield Wednesday play in Europe let me introduce you to this match against Spora Luxembourg 

Watch the speed at which this side played, the accuracy of the passing, the way our wingers drifted past players, the sheer rapid pace of the players, particularly the strike force, and the clinical finishing for the goals. These aren't tap in's these are class goals fired in..

Also huge shout out to Alan Smith the Sheffield Wednesday physio for saving Paul Warhurst's life after he collapsed on the pitch having swallowed his tongue following a clash with the Spora goalkeeper.

All in all this video has it all. 

What a team. What a side. What a performance

Right finish for Warhursts first

Guest Garryswfcowl72

The 5-0 over west ham “ the waddle game “ is the most complete WEDNESDAY performance ever imo we would have beaten any club side that day everything clicked for the full 90 mins 

Amusing anecdote about this game. Our family aren't gamblers but we walked into the ground and the odds on an 8-1 win were 100/1 and my brother was debating whether to break the habit of a lifetime and have a flutter but decided against it. He must have been the only person in the ground who was gutted when the 8th went in. I, on the other hand, couldn't stop laughing hoping that we wouldn't get a 9th!! lol   

That's back in the days when we had a proper team and class players. My most exciting time ever following Wednesday was the early 90s. The most exciting and memorable games for me were the 91 and 93 away first legs in the League Cup Semi Finals against Chelsea and Blackburn; the 93 FA Cup Semi Final against the Pigs and some memorable clashes in the top flight against Fergie's great Man U side of the 90s especially the Jemson game.

14 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Even so take a look at how we played and the pace and devastating finishing we unleashed 

There were plenty of examples you could have picked from back then against much stronger opposition to make this point though mate.

For 4 seasons in a row we were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the country, almost took it for granted.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

There were plenty of examples you could have picked from back then against much stronger opposition to make this point though mate.

For 4 seasons in a row we were one of the most exciting teams to watch in the country, almost took it for granted.

The level of opposition is totally irrelevant when you watch the above video.

Irrespective of whether we were playing Man United or The Travellers, the performance and finishing of the players in the video above is absolutely devastating.

Check the pace, the power, the strength and the lethal goalscoring

Owlstalk Shop

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

9 hours ago, torres said:

in other words “Wednesday are wubbish and I dont ike it mummy, so all football is wubbish”

Bit harsh that, I would take the 90's over football now as JOC says. Yes partly because it was a great time for us but also in general.

The standard at the very top is better in recent times than it was back then, the likes of Barcelona, Man City and more recently Liverpool are great to watch. However to me it seemed more fun in that era, the international tournaments in the 90's were a better watch, even when we didn't qualify in 1994 and at least half of the Premier League these days just seems sterile and survive at all costs.