Dejphon Chansiri, My View.

1 minute ago, ChinaOwl said:

His rationale has always been stated as no third party sponsor would cover the amount he is putting in himself. That might well be true. But it cannot be substantially more otherwise he would be faced with additional EFL charges. So what is the point of D-Taxis and Elev8?

Yeah, but you can't put in more than what you would receive from a third party. 

1 minute ago, billyblack said:

Do you think he would have to pay a salary to someone the same as what he pays in sponsorship? Are you winding me up?

Let me make this simple (these figures are off the top of my head):

Maximum revenue from sponsorship allowed by the EFL - £2m

DC's paying sponsorship out of his own money - £2m

Total going into the club - £2m

Alternative

Money going into the club from corporate sponsorship - £2m

Staff wages to administer and attract corporate sponsors inc company car etc - £200k

Total going into the club - £1.8m

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

Let me make this simple (these figures are off the top of my head):

Maximum revenue from sponsorship allowed by the EFL - £2m

DC's paying sponsorship out of his own money - £2m

Total going into the club - £2m

Alternative

Money going into the club from corporate sponsorship - £2m

Staff wages to administer and attract corporate sponsors inc company car etc - £200k

Total going into the club - £1.8m

Utter nonsense

Owlstalk Shop

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Why do other clubs have sponsors? Surely DC would prefer for someone else to put their hand in their pocket rather than him?

Because they haven't had a chairman who's had the funds to do it himself, as we didn't in the past.

Name me one blue chip sponsor we've had in the years prior to DC?

Don't say Monty's Motors.

Just now, SiJ said:

Yeah, but you can't put in more than what you would receive from a third party. 

Of course you can providing it is still within the range that the EFL would deem "commercial rates". The EFL have deemed that the amount that DC inputs is within that range. What we don't know is what the maximum revenue that could be obtained from a third party in our case. 

1 hour ago, shezzas left peg said:

The man gambled and lost, the problem was he had no plan B for failure. 

Instead of selling assets (players) whilst values where high allowing us to level out and have another go. 

He instead just gambled again and prayed that with a new manager or 2 the same players that had failed to deliver would somehow dig him out of the hole he'd created. Burying your head in the sand and praying very rarely works. 

Selling 5 year season tickets was always a worry as your taking revenue from future FFP too confounding the situation even more. 

Excellent post..

Just now, toppOwl said:

The numbers are not important, if he can put the maximum in without paying out wages to get that amount why pay staff to bring in the same?

The maximum third party sponsorship you can get depends on how well your staff perform in getting those sponsors on board.  There is no limit. The limit is on internal /related party sponsorships. If we got third party money in Chansiri could use his cash to do other things with his dosh - he could sponsor the academy for example, he could make ground improvements, he could go to Centerparcs instead of Disneyland - rather than trying to plug the cash flow shortfall by Club 1867, 10 year season tickets etc. I see no common sense business practices in place. 

5 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

The numbers are not important, if he can put the maximum in without paying out wages to get that amount why pay staff to bring in the same?

Thats one way of looking at it.

The other way could be to spend some money to save yourself some money whilst also tryng to build a better relationshio with local businesses and networks. Or he can just keep it insular.

8 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The maximum third party sponsorship you can get depends on how well your staff perform in getting those sponsors on board.  There is no limit. The limit is on internal /related party sponsorships. If we got third party money in Chansiri could use his cash to do other things with his dosh - he could sponsor the academy for example, he could make ground improvements, he could go to Centerparcs instead of Disneyland - rather than trying to plug the cash flow shortfall by Club 1867, 10 year season tickets etc. I see no common sense business practices in place. 

So I'll ask again - where were all these companies willing to splash out major money in corporate sponsorship under previous regimes at the club?

So I'll ask again - where were all these companies willing to splash out major money in corporate sponsorship under previous regimes at the club?

I'll ask you a question - how do other clubs manage to get sponsors?  

7 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

I'll ask you a question - how do other clubs manage to get sponsors?  

Your missing the point completely, no one is saying we can't get sponsors but if the chairman is willing to put in more than corporate sponsors will then why does he need them. There are no large companies willing to spend at currently unfashionable clubs like SWFC, the Premier League teams yes, us no chance.

Just now, toppOwl said:

Your missing the point completely, no one is saying we can't get sponsors but if the chairman is willing to put in more than corporate sponsors will then why does he need them. There are no large companies willing to spend at currently unfashionable clubs like SWFC, the Premier League teams yes, us no chance.

I am really not missing the point at all. Other clubs get sponsors. He could make up any shortfall  - although if he employs competent people there needn't be one  - and have cash to spare to spend on other things to benefit the club if he had a long term vision for Sheffield Wednesday.  I've been wary of the guy for years. I wish I had your faith in his competence/motives. 

38 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

Because they haven't had a chairman who's had the funds to do it himself, as we didn't in the past.

Name me one blue chip sponsor we've had in the years prior to DC?

Don't say Monty's Motors.

PRESTO have been sponsoring the West Stand roof for 30years, must make a few quid from that. 

• Haha 7

But then you can turn that one on its head and ask the question why other Championship club chairmen are not using shell companies to input commercial revenue rather then third parties? If it was so difficult to find attractive sponsorship deals, how is it that other Championship clubs are doing it and not us?