Dejphon Chansiri, My View.

It would be cheaper for him to hire a proper CEO who is commercially savvy with the ability to get some outside income into our club & a DoF with a good background in turning young unknowns into saleable assets. We have been left behind on all fronts and need dragging up to standard.

For me DC is an idiot who didn't bought football club, but expensive toy for himself to toy with, clueless about football.

As soon as things turned bad he lost his interest and for reported 130m that he spent he could have burned as well and club wouldn't be in as dire situation as we are today. Deservedly history will remember him as one of worst chairmans ever. Fathers will scare their sons in eating greens of their plate or else Chanshiri will come to take over their favorite football club.

Clueless, arrogant idiot !

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, daztheowl said:

It's all irrelevant anyway. I sense he's run out of dosh already to support the club. New ownership beckons, before we end up in administration. 

He still loaded mate, just took the family to Disney.....!! lol

• Haha 3

Let's not forget the absolute nonsense he's spewed at the various meetings, which for the most part went unchallenged. 

Such as the goal never being promotion, but to avoid relegation.  A proper bonkers thing to suggest.

Or, on the one hand saying ticket sales income accounts for nothing, but on the other saying prices must be increased so that we can afford good players.

Well-intentioned or not, he's well out of his element. 

I remember getting savagely rounded on for expressing some discomfort with the way DC was handling things early on...

Remember how some of you people laughed at POTG fans being priced out of watching their beloved club?

Loving Elephants being placed at the entrance

Standing for a 2 mins silence for somebody none of us knows or cares about?

Changing our iconic badge?

Plastering his name all over the place at the expense of traditional things such as "Wednesday", "Hillsborough"?

Murals of himself in the NW corner

Trying to debate any of that at one time was met with derision and outrage

Now the same guy is seemingly the worst pariah ever to get involved in football

You sow the wind...

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Yellowbelly said:

It would be cheaper for him to hire a proper CEO who is commercially savvy with the ability to get some outside income into our club & a DoF with a good background in turning young unknowns into saleable assets. We have been left behind on all fronts and need dragging up to standard.

Give over, that's just common sense which sadly isn't all that common when it comes to Chansiri.

5 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

I think we were mislead from day one. The banner behind with the TUF logo on never lead to anything.

F60393B9-8B40-4467-8173-55412681F5C0.jpeg

on what premise was it used? may have been nothing more than a presumption made by the person who designed the background. Was there any official comment that mentioned TUF? 

Personally, I expected to see John West as a sponsor. Was a bit horrified when instead of seeing recognisable brands behind the team, we got "Chansiri" plastered everywhere. 

Edited by bobness
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobness said:

Let's not forget the absolute nonsense he's spewed at the various meetings, which for the most part went unchallenged. 

Such as the goal never being promotion, but to avoid relegation.  A proper bonkers thing to suggest.

Or, on the one hand saying ticket sales income accounts for nothing, but on the other saying prices must be increased so that we can afford good players.

Well-intentioned or not, he's well out of his element. 

My favourite one being when he stood there in front of a packed forum and openly stated "if anyone thinks Sheffield United are a better club than Sheffield Wednesday with better players then they don't know football".

Oh how the usual clapping seals lapped it up, the comment was met with laughter.

Look how well that turned out, sadly we are now the joke and its others laughing at us, if it wasn't my beloved club I'd be laughing to because we are proper tinpot.

3 hours ago, scram said:

I remember getting savagely rounded on for expressing some discomfort with the way DC was handling things early on...

Remember how some of you people laughed at POTG fans being priced out of watching their beloved club?

Loving Elephants being placed at the entrance

Standing for a 2 mins silence for somebody none of us knows or cares about?

Changing our iconic badge?

Plastering his name all over the place at the expense of traditional things such as "Wednesday", "Hillsborough"?

Murals of himself in the NW corner

Trying to debate any of that at one time was met with derision and outrage

Now the same guy is seemingly the worst pariah ever to get involved in football

You sow the wind...

Sadly fella your not alone and for all his flippery and incompetence there are those who continue to back him.

6 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

That makes sense until you wake up and realise the club is losing millions and millions of pounds each year

Spot on 

when he totally disprespected the long term box holders / directors seats / corporate sponsors was it for me too 

totally out of touch and arrogant 

I am glad now this is coming to light now on all this 

8 hours ago, ka58 said:

Chansiri could develop the academy if he wanted to - free of ffp - and even if short term its bad it would be a bit of a legacy. 

He won’t tho.

I’ve always thought exactly the same. If he was really loaded then surely he’d sort out the academy. Create a state of the art complex that’s going to benefit the club in the long run and not affect FFP. 

9 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Ultimately, a man that has discovered that the difference between hero and villain in professional sport can often be an agonisingly narrow one. His downfall is likely to be failure to have a back up strategy should his initial gamble not come off. As much as I criticise the fella on several fronts, he is probably a great deal smarter than that Saudi bloke who is now in charge down in S2. Difference is one of the two got very lucky and one didn't. Life in business and investment can often be like that.

What makes you think he is 'probably  a gest deal smarter ' than the guy at S2.? 

Edited by ATBS

3 hours ago, ttimeowls said:

Spot on 

when he totally disprespected the long term box holders / directors seats / corporate sponsors was it for me too 

totally out of touch and arrogant 

I am glad now this is coming to light now on all this 

DC puts in the maximum amount allowed in sponsorship from his own money, who were these corporate sponsors from before and how much were they putting in? I’m curious.