Dejphon Chansiri, My View.

Our current chairman is rightly coming in for a lot of flak, heres my take on the man:

When DC was first announced as the successor to MM many of us will have done the usual Google search and probably found that there was plenty info on the Chansiri family (tuna bucks) but very little of the man himself, he obviously came from very wealthy stock so surely all would be good. I truly believe that he came with the very best intentions and not (as some accuse him) of fleecing fans, if he was to make money from the club it would be from the riches of the Premier League should his dream be realised. He had a fairly naive approach (and seriously underestimated the lack of financial clout of most fans) that if he was investing his money then the fans should also do their bit, the disclosure of the match day prices was a bit of a shock but in fairness the highest priced category (that everyone focused on) was very rarely used. He was genuinely trying to plough as much money in as possible on the playing side with minor ground improvements and keeping SAG happy also coming out of his own pocket (I'm pretty sure a new ground would have been part of elevation to the Prem hence no big spend on Hillsborough). He decided to make the shirts in house, not to make them cheaper but to bring more profit into the club with the limits of FFP starting the raise their head, he looked into loopholes that other clubs had exploited but in the background the EFL were closing these down and the wriggle room was getting smaller, in hindsight he made a bad decision trying to take on the EFL with the potential punishment still to be decided but he was doing what he thought was best for the club.

What the majority of us didn't know was that as part of the sale from MM the introduction to Doyen went cap in hand, Doyen look a very shadowy, untrustworthy organisation who's true intentions are very hard to judge, what influence and decisions they actually make on behalf of the club are unknown, public enemy Amadeu Paixio is also a man who always seems to be hovering in the background with virtually no fanfare, I believe he is employed directly by the club now but must be still ensnared with the Doyen web.

I attended some of the steering group meetings and found DC to be a passionate man who I had no reason to doubt would intentionally do the club harm, he did have a tendency to talk over his colleagues as was clearly very headstrong, stubborn even. The fact that so many senior staff have not stayed at the club for any length of time point to a character that would prefer to go it alone in running the club (with AM a slight distance behind obviously).

What is shrouded in mystery is who makes the decisions on the ins and outs of the playing staff, this has been a major downfall of DC's reign, I asked him the question directly at an ST meeting and got a lengthy answer that basically said nothing.

I'm firmly in the out camp regarding his tenure at the currently but in summary I see a good man who has trusted the totally wrong people to spend his money and was perhaps too stubborn to change this.

Where he or the club goes from here is very difficult to predict but I can't see him achieving what he set out to do without some major changes to his entire strategy for the club.

A lost opportunity.

• Thanks 1

My take on the man is that he’s a complete and utter shitester.

i told everybody this the year we got to the play off final.

i told everybody that he tore up contracts of box holders and that he didn’t have a clue what he was doing and had zero integrity.

Everybody didn’t give a poo because acting like that didn’t count if it was against “10 bob millionaires”.  

as I said at the time, it was a sure indicator of what was to come.

I told everybody that his initiatives to boost cash flow that had no bearing on FFP made no sense. No credit for box holders, 3 year season tickets, club 1867 etc etc

Anybody can see it and anybody with a brain could see it 4 years ago!

And some people still actually believe he has loads of money to invest and only FFP is holding us back lol 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

i told everybody that he tore up contracts of box holders and that he didn’t have a clue what he was doing and had zero integrity.

Everybody didn’t give a poo because acting like that didn’t count if it was against “10 bob millionaires”.  

I told everybody that his initiatives to boost cash flow that had no bearing on FFP made no sense. No credit for box holders, 3 year season tickets, club 1867 etc etc

And some people still actually believe he has loads of money to invest and only FFP is holding us back lol 

That makes sense until you wake up and realise the club is losing millions and millions of pounds each year

7 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Get t’ Lane.

• Haha 6

14 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

Now you tell us.

He's put the club in an awful position, the fact its been through incompetence and arrogance rather than being malicious is of no credit to him. The worst thing is that there doesn't seem to be any logical way it gets better. 

Its almost as if he  bought a club where all commercial revenues streams had been forward sold to provide working capital....

Once he twigged he decided to throw all the wedge at buying promotion. 

Nearly worked too.

But didn't. 

Now its barmy schemes to claw it back.

11 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

That makes sense until you wake up and realise the club is losing millions and millions of pounds each year

Really lol

And he’ll write the cheques to claw back whatever he can.

But the investment has stopped.  He’s now trying to spend the minimum possible. There’s loads of stuff he could’ve done outside the scope of FFP.

As I’ve said all along, there is zero evidence that he has the cash for a sustained tilt at the PL.

Yes he had more than us and yes he had enough to give it a bloody good go for 2 years.

Beyond that, keep kidding yourself.

Its now about clawing back what he can.

Ultimately, a man that has discovered that the difference between hero and villain in professional sport can often be an agonisingly narrow one. His downfall is likely to be failure to have a back up strategy should his initial gamble not come off. As much as I criticise the fella on several fronts, he is probably a great deal smarter than that Saudi bloke who is now in charge down in S2. Difference is one of the two got very lucky and one didn't. Life in business and investment can often be like that.

4 minutes ago, BFR said:

The worst thing is that there doesn't seem to be any logical way it gets better. 

Giving Spivs the boot.. and putting in place a team of people aligned to clubs long term best interest would be a starting point.

• Like 1

How any Wednesday supporter could even give this man an ounce of credit or even try to justify his ways is beyond me. This man blamed the fans when things started going sour. He has come in and completely wrecked everything he has touched, his attitude and management of his staff is awful, folk who have been at the club for a long time, good dedicated and honest people, have now left the club because of him. The prices he charges has seen many fans, who cant have the luxury of a season ticket, even priced out on a matchday.

Does he not realise what effect this is having on the fanbase or does he generally not care because the season ticket holders and ones who've invested into this bizarre schemes have helped top his bank balance up?

His complete lack of business sense and irresponsible behaviour of throwing money around in the wrong areas has now seen us take 1 step forward and 10 places back. We have steadily turned into a laughing stock on and off the field and this guy has been the root cause of it all.

Honestly if relegation ment this guy left Hillsborough and never returned I would gladfully look forward to days out at Accrington, Shrewsbury etc next season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

I was also extremely doubtful and got a load of abuse along the lines of “smelling pork” etc 

20 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Ultimately, a man that has discovered that the difference between hero and villain in professional sport can often be an agonisingly narrow one. His downfall is likely to be failure to have a back up strategy should his initial gamble not come off. As much as I criticise the fella on several fronts, he is probably a great deal smarter than that Saudi bloke who is now in charge down in S2. Difference is one of the two got very lucky and one didn't. Life in business and investment can often be like that.

i hate united.

they didn’t get lucky.

1 minute ago, ka58 said:

i hate united.

they didn’t get lucky.

He did - unless I am missing something, Saudi Prince had little or no influence on where they are now. But it is him that is reaping the rewards. Wilder has created the success they are enjoying, Prince is just a beneficiary. Just my take on things.

Just now, ChinaOwl said:

He did - unless I am missing something, Saudi Prince had little or no influence on where they are now. But it is him that is reaping the rewards. Wilder has created the success they are enjoying, Prince is just a beneficiary. Just my take on things.

Ok - I’m not interested enough in them to look up if he was involved in recruiting Wilder.

their recruitment and development strategy is

well ahead of ours unfortunately which is why it’s not luck.

there are players playing for them in the premier league that cost them the equivalent of a couple of months wages for some of our bench warmers.

Chansiri could develop the academy if he wanted to - free of ffp - and even if short term its bad it would be a bit of a legacy. 

He won’t tho.