Dejphon Chansiri, My View.

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I am really not missing the point at all. Other clubs get sponsors. He could make up any shortfall  - although if he employs competent people there needn't be one  - and have cash to spare to spend on other things to benefit the club if he had a long term vision for Sheffield Wednesday.  I've been wary of the guy for years. I wish I had your faith in his competence/motives. 

I have zero faith in him, I just don't see sponsorship being the answer that everyone seems to instigate that it is. If there are no limits why doesn't he get TUF to sponsor us for megabucks and all our problems are solved.

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

I have zero faith in him, I just don't see sponsorship being the answer that everyone seems to instigate that it is. If there are no limits why doesn't he get TUF to sponsor us for megabucks and all our problems are solved.

Because Thai Union Group are a holding company that owns a number of autonomously run subsidiaries that own the brands. T.U.G. have nothing to advertise. It would have to be the brand owners such as John West and they will only do so if there was a clear return on ivestment brought about by increased sales. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, toppOwl said:

There are limits re internal/related party transactions. Are you suggesting if we got Ladbrokes to cough up say £2.5m to sponsor our shirts the EFL would say sorry they can only give you £2m? Surely that can't be the case. 

Edited by rickygoo

Just now, rickygoo said:

There are limits re internal/related party transactions. 

That one is simple. Dejphon Chansiri has no direct connect with Thai Union. As far as he is concerned, it is an idependent company that his brother is CEO of and father is Chairman of. Other than that, Dejphon Chansiri is nothing more than a very minor shareholder.

10 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

That one is simple. Dejphon Chansiri has no direct connect with Thai Union. As far as he is concerned, it is an idependent company that his brother is CEO of and father is Chairman of. Other than that, Dejphon Chansiri is nothing more than a very minor shareholder.

I'm sure he would have explored that avenue if it had been viable.

10 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Yet, some of our fan base still claim that our chairman is a billionaire that owns and runs the Thai Union Group, WHY? 

Just now, teddybeararmy said:

Yet, some of our fan base still claim that our chairman is a billionaire that owns and runs the Thai Union Group, WHY? 

Because it makes them feel better and can live the dream that T.U.G. will eventually wade in and turn us into the next Manchester City. The reality is that T.U.G. is a listed company of which the entire Chansiri family own less than 20% combined. The other 80% have little interest in a loss making football club that is, generally speaking, thousands of miles from their home.

2 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yeah, but you can't put in more than what you would receive from a third party. 

I think you can. There is a rule that says something about a circa £7m limit per year.  As long as you are under that total amount, I think they let you put in whatever you want. Even if it’s more than the market rate.

4 hours ago, gbear05 said:

I don't buy the 'good intentions' bit anymore. 

His arrogance and lack of self-awareness means he uses the club's (I know he's the owner) money completely irresponsibly. 

What do we think this 'good intent' is about? Because he absolutely loves Sheffield and wants the city to prosper? Because he was a fan of Sheff Wed since he was 5? Or is it arrogance, and wanting to show off that CHANSIRI, owns a premier league club.

Perhaps his intentions were good, in that he was genuinely trying to get us promoted. I would argue that 'good intent' should be defined by wanting the best for the club in the long term, looking after and communicating with supports, not changing our badge/kit and using the fans' money in a sustainable way.

He is very naive and too stubborn to admit help. It is quite tragic to see. I do appreciate that things would be different if we'd won 1 match, in the play off final. But then I genuinely worry about how he'd have used the premier league money - I have no confidence he'd have used it to build for a medium or long term future. 

Agreed. Sick of the good intentions stuff. Good intentions is not jeopardising the club with a points deduction, pricing fans out of going, changing the badge/kits, plastering his name across the North Stand. 

It’s his club, he can do what he wants. But let’s not pretend he’s doing everything in the fans best interests.  

2 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

mans been moving mad since day one. MM promised to leave us in good hands, he’s another crook who the fans lap up because he ‘saved us’

Yep Mandaric doesn’t cover himself in glory. Farewell tears on the pitch whilst we all chanted ‘thank you Milan’. Pulled the wool over our eyes. He would have sold us to anyone who showed him the cash. Read The Deal by Jon Smith if you want to find out how desperate Mandaric was to sell us to any dodgy character going. 

1 minute ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Yep Mandaric doesn’t cover himself in glory. Farewell tears on the pitch whilst we all chanted ‘thank you Milan’. Pulled the wool over our eyes. He would have sold us to anyone who showed him the cash. Read The Deal by Jon Smith if you want to find out how desperate Mandaric was to sell us to any dodgy character going. 

They’re businessman who know they can pull on the heartstrings due to the nature of the business they work in 

Quite nice to read some sensible, like minded posts about our owner.

I've been saying it for a very long time, though posted more on 'the Wednesday sing'. Even now the majority on there still hammer anyone with any type of negative comments regarding DC. A large number are still up this back side and have the wool over their eyes.

Apparently he's great because he's spent loads of money, or because he's not Dave Allen, or because he bought players 'all' the fans wanted. We have some absolute morons in our fan base

3 hours ago, bazapeps said:

Quite nice to read some sensible, like minded posts about our owner.

I've been saying it for a very long time, though posted more on 'the Wednesday sing'. Even now the majority on there still hammer anyone with any type of negative comments regarding DC. A large number are still up this back side and have the wool over their eyes.

Apparently he's great because he's spent loads of money, or because he's not Dave Allen, or because he bought players 'all' the fans wanted. We have some absolute morons in our fan base

I’d be careful about admitting involvement with The Wednesday Sing.