Nuhiu our best ever impact player?

2 minutes ago, shandypants said:

We don’t know that

We don’t know this also

What we do know is that he’s been at the club for a long time, has been favoured to by all of the managers he has played for, had his contract extended a few times, has seen off many competitors for his place in the squad and is still coming on in (and sometimes starting) games even though there are other forwards at the club. He must be doing something right. 

If he leaves in the summer then fair enough but he’ll always get my support while he’s a Wednesday player. 

The quote about Spain was a reference to “que”

Bruce defintely didn’t fancy him

and despite not being picked here and it being fairly obvious that if any other club wanted him there’d be a deal there to be done, no one has even come close to signing him,....Jones, Gray, Carlos, Jos and Bruce have all been employed by other clubs since leaving us......3 of those at a similar level to us....none have come in for him

and he’ll always get my support while he’s playing for Wednesday.......doesn’t mean to say I won’t give my opinion of him on here though 

I suppose when he leaves we'll get answers to a lot of questions 

1 hour ago, Holmowl said:

He’s come on late in games for 228 minutes so far this season, during which we’ve scored 7 late goals, at 32 mins per goal.

I think it’s justified to say he does make an impact. 

Probably conceded more than 7 in those 228 mins though. Some due to giving away possession cheaply by fouling someone

3 minutes ago, Ian said:

It might not be a sign of a bad player but it’s a bloody sign of a bad manager......remind me how many of those managers that favoured him got us promoted ......all of them got sacked (Bruce definitely didn’t favour him) and whilst we continue to accept that standard we will, at best, remain where we are 

Oh come on Ian. Stop it now bud. I doubt many think Nuhiu is the best player we have but you have to admit he’s played his part. You can’t keep churning out the anti-Nuhiu rhetoric.

Does he have an impact in every game? Absolutely not; but which players do? 

Has he come into games and scored late winners? Yes

Has he come into games and played his part in retaining the lead or the draw? Absolutely yes

Do the opposites like playing against him? It appears not as a few players and managers have stated so. 

Can he get sulky and sullen at times? Yes, absolutely. 

Is he the worst forward in the club? The fact that he’s getting in the squad in front of two other forwards suggests not. 

1 minute ago, shandypants said:

Oh come on Ian. Stop it now bud. I doubt many think Nuhiu is the best player we have but you have to admit he’s played his part. You can’t keep churning out the anti-Nuhiu rhetoric.

Does he have an impact in every game? Absolutely not; but which players do? 

Has he come into games and scored late winners? Yes

Has he come into games and played his part in retaining the lead or the draw? Absolutely yes

Do the opposites like playing against him? It appears not as a few players and managers have stated so. 

Can he get sulky and sullen at times? Yes, absolutely. 

Is he the worst forward in the club? The fact that he’s getting in the squad in front of two other forwards suggests not. 

Played his part in what exactly?....abject failure?

14 minutes ago, Ian said:

The quote about Spain was a reference to “que”

Bruce defintely didn’t fancy him

and despite not being picked here and it being fairly obvious that if any other club wanted him there’d be a deal there to be done, no one has even come close to signing him,....Jones, Gray, Carlos, Jos and Bruce have all been employed by other clubs since leaving us......3 of those at a similar level to us....none have come in for him

and he’ll always get my support while he’s playing for Wednesday.......doesn’t mean to say I won’t give my opinion of him on here though 

I suppose when he leaves we'll get answers to a lot of questions 

Thats bull5h1t if I’ve ever heard it. 

2 minutes ago, Ian said:

And you know that because you sit how close to me at games

He doesn’t get your support on here. You don’t even reason his merits - he just has no merits whatsoever when you discuss him on here, you point out everything negative he does and won’t accept anything positive he does. 

Just now, shandypants said:

He doesn’t get your support on here. You don’t even reason his merits - he just has no merits whatsoever when you discuss him on here, you point out everything negative he does and won’t accept anything positive he does. 

I won’t pretend he has many positives however as I’ve said many times on here, you need to be aware of selective moderating 

2 hours ago, Holmowl said:

He’s come on late in games for 228 minutes so far this season, during which we’ve scored 7 late goals, at 32 mins per goal.

I think it’s justified to say he does make an impact. 

To be fair, stats of late subs always looks better because the 90th minute gets recorded as one minute when on average it is actually 4.

Plus it is a statistical fact that more goals are scored in the 76-90 minute then any other period in any event.

Plus, how many goals have we conceded in those 228 minutes?

1 hour ago, Ian said:

It might not be a sign of a bad player but it’s a bloody sign of a bad manager......remind me how many of those managers that favoured him got us promoted ......all of them got sacked (Bruce definitely didn’t favour him) and whilst we continue to accept that standard we will, at best, remain where we are 

spot on bud Nuhui would not get in any other championship side.. he is clumsy at best...and his strike rate,,, time to go,,