Nuhiu our best ever impact player?

5 hours ago, owlerfan1 said:

guy says johnny quin. he remembers him so much, that he can't even spell his name correctly. leave his comments to people who can remember quinn, a player who more often than not, started games......eg cup final 1966, a match that I actually went to. nuhiu has his critics, but for what we paid for him, and what he has contributed over the years, he has been a superb signing.

Bit petty owlerfan1

17 hours ago, oldtawnyowl said:

You would have remembered the impact  if you'd been on the receiving end of that tackle.lol

Was lucky to still be on the pitch to cause havoc for the goal. Thought he was going off for that tackle. 

On 27/02/2020 at 11:36, sexpistol said:

I know this fella divides opinion, but to my kind, people who slag him do not understand football. We know he isn’t a world beater, but have we ever had a better impact sub than him. Look how many last minute goals he scores or is involved in. He is a valuable squad member that should be remembered fondly when his time to leave Wednesday arrives. The guy is rarely injured and seems to be a popular character with the players.

Last night he played a significant part in that goal, two Charlton were watching him which led to Fletcher having a free header for him to score. His presence in the box created the opportunity for our goal last night.

Image result for falling on the floor laughing

Guest LittleG
On 27/02/2020 at 11:36, sexpistol said:

I know this fella divides opinion, but to my kind, people who slag him do not understand football. We know he isn’t a world beater, but have we ever had a better impact sub than him. Look how many last minute goals he scores or is involved in. He is a valuable squad member that should be remembered fondly when his time to leave Wednesday arrives. The guy is rarely injured and seems to be a popular character with the players.

Last night he played a significant part in that goal, two Charlton were watching him which led to Fletcher having a free header for him to score. His presence in the box created the opportunity for our goal last night.

No he's not!

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

I'll say one thing for the bigman.

I've rarely seen a player get fouled so often and some imbecilic ref give it the other way.

Seems to be an unwritten rule in football - fouls on a big tough centre forward are fine, because he can look after himself. But if he so much as breathes on a defender - free kick.

Our greatest impact player without any shadow of doubt. JIMMY SEED.

Wednesday were adrift by 7 points and rock bottom with just 10 games to go. Of those 10 games we won 7 and drew 3  goals for 25  against 11 to finish 14th. Spurs sold us Jimmy Seed who became team captain during his first season. How ironic that Spurs having looked safe managed to finish in a relegation place vacated by ourselves.

Over the next 2 seasons with Seed as our captain The Wednesday won two Championships  winning 47  drawing 18 and losing 19  goals for  191  against 119.

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, the monk said:

Bloke falls over in the penalty area and becomes best ever impact player !

At least he didnt give his usual foul away 

Ian "spider" mellor yer man 

Fact is, his ‘fall’ led to the goal. Can you name me another player who has played for SWFC who has scored or created as many goals in the last minutes of games as Nuihu?

28 minutes ago, davey_wells said:

Look back on all his years with us 

Goals and impact every single season.

Absolutely no-one like him in the division, I'd say as a different option (whether starting or as sub) he's irreplaceable - for me, if he wants to stay he stays.

There might be a reason for that.

Re new contract, how can you justify a club with our limited resources giving a new contract to an experienced player who most would seem to agree should never start a game.  If he’s here next season I can only assume the club are settling for mid table mediocrity (or we’ve been relegated).

4 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

There might be a reason for that.

Re new contract, how can you justify a club with our limited resources giving a new contract to an experienced player who most would seem to agree should never start a game.  If he’s here next season I can only assume the club are settling for mid table mediocrity (or we’ve been relegated).

It seems our budget this summer will once again be modest and there will potentially be a significant number leaving. If you are anticipating an influx of talented players, I fear you are in for a disappointment. Regardless, you still need a squad offering options and back up. Nuhiu has proved perfectly capable of being such a contributor. A club in our circumstances simply cannot have 20-25 top players vying for the first team. Some have to accept a reserve role.

• Like 1