Nuhiu our best ever impact player?

5 minutes ago, HirstWhoScoredIt said:

He’s not good enough.

i find it amazing that he is getting credit for losing his balance and falling on his bum.

i assure you, I could cause equal confusion if that’s what it takes.

Trevor Francis was in a completely different league as an impact sub.

Gordon Watson was also a good one.

As was Mark Chamberlain.

not forgetting Jemson v Man Utd and the cameo from Larwie Madden at Wembley lol

Sorry Lawrie not Larwie

I like Nuhiu but my favourite impact player was Trevor Francis

I remember him bringing himself on late in a game when he was player manager, it might have been against Everton

He scored an absolute cracker in front of the kop

Then took himself off again

We won 2-1

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

2 hours ago, sexpistol said:

I know this fella divides opinion, but to my kind, people who slag him do not understand football. We know he isn’t a world beater, but have we ever had a better impact sub than him. Look how many last minute goals he scores or is involved in. He is a valuable squad member that should be remembered fondly when his time to leave Wednesday arrives. The guy is rarely injured and seems to be a popular character with the players.

Last night he played a significant part in that goal, two Charlton were watching him which led to Fletcher having a free header for him to score. His presence in the box created the opportunity for our goal last night.

I think they were wondering why he was having a sit down.

It was comedy.

Best dummy ever.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

I remember him bringing himself on late in a game when he was player manager, it might have been against Everton

We won 2-1

Totally agree.

One of the finest sights I've ever seen at Hillsborough was Francis coming on and drifting past a couple of tackles and putting a ball on Hirstys head.

I agree that Dave is effective and in the end that's all that counts but I know whose contribution will last longer in my memory.

1 hour ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We won 2-1

I remember that Everton game, Francis didn't score but he came on for about 10 minutes, set up the winner then went off again looking absolutely knackered!

I think the only league goal Francis actually scored (he created a few though) when he was player/manager was a last minute winner against Forest, that was probably his last ever league goal which was a fitting end, he scored 2 in a game in a league cup tie as well which may have been after the Forest game. Big Ron used to bring him on quite a lot to rescue games in the promotion season, he loved a curler into the top corner did Trev.

3 hours ago, sexpistol said:

I know this fella divides opinion, but to my kind, people who slag him do not understand football. We know he isn’t a world beater, but have we ever had a better impact sub than him. Look how many last minute goals he scores or is involved in. He is a valuable squad member that should be remembered fondly when his time to leave Wednesday arrives. The guy is rarely injured and seems to be a popular character with the players.

Last night he played a significant part in that goal, two Charlton were watching him which led to Fletcher having a free header for him to score. His presence in the box created the opportunity for our goal last night.

You mean by falling over?

:duntmatter:

3 hours ago, sexpistol said:

Wish we all understood football as well as you do'

you will be saying saying he is a Owls legend next.