Nuhiu our best ever impact player?

Guest Bulgaria

I like him.

Admittedly his form ain't great but we shall miss him when he is gone.

I've no doubt other championship clubs would be in for him.

1 minute ago, sexpistol said:

I know this fella divides opinion, but to my kind, people who slag him do not understand football. We know he isn’t a world beater, but have we ever had a better impact sub than him. Look how many last minute goals he scores or is involved in. He is a valuable squad member that should be remembered fondly when his time to leave Wednesday arrives. The guy is rarely injured and seems to be a popular character with the players.

Last night he played a significant part in that goal, two Charlton were watching him which led to Fletcher having a free header for him to score. His presence in the box created the opportunity for our goal last night.

Not sure about people not understanding football because he has had plenty of dire games, but i agree with most of what youre saying about the impact bit.

Just now, 0114 said:

Still think it’s time he’s moved on this summer. He’ll be 31. Not sure about “people not understanding football”. He’s rightly deserved criticism. Very inconsistent player. 

In terms of value, he has been a good signing. Compare him to the likes of Jordan Rhodes. I rest my case.

I think ‘some’ of the criticism is very harsh, but we all love a scapegoat at Wednesday.

Won the free kick that led to the goal.

Created confusion in the box just by being there that made space for Fletcher.

Dropped deep into defence after the goal when Charlton tried a last gasp attack.

I’d say he’s offering more than Wickam at the moment.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blatter said:

Won the free kick that led to the goal.

Created confusion in the box just by being there that made space for Fletcher.

Dropped deep into defence after the goal when Charlton tried a last gasp attack.

I’d say he’s offering more than Wickam at the moment.

Exactly. The player who should have been tracking Fletcher was too busy watching Nuhiu, his presence gave Fletcher a free header.

3 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

In terms of value, he has been a good signing. Compare him to the likes of Jordan Rhodes. I rest my case.

I think ‘some’ of the criticism is very harsh, but we all love a scapegoat at Wednesday.

I never said he hasn’t been a good signing. But he’s an inconsistent player. Rightly so he’s been criticised when he hasn’t played well. Wasn’t being criticised at the end of 17/18 season because he was exceptional. Done well in patches but I personally think it’s time to wish him well but it’s time for something new. 

22 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

Francis is a worthy shout, to a lesser extent so is Pearson. But in terms of last minute goals and changing the game ( particularly at the end of a match) Nuhiu wins hands down for me.

I'm a Nuhiu fan, love the big man and think a lot of the stick he gets is unfair, but...

He's made 130+ appearances as a sub in his Wednesday career which must be up there with the most, if not the most, in our history. We tend to remember the times when he came on and make an impact, but not the times he didn't - so it stands to reason that the sheer volume of his substitute appearances means that he's been involved in more goals and assists than most other subs, especially the number of times he's been brought on when we're chasing a game and the tactics have been to lump it in for him.to get on the end of.

Agree that he's often been a terrific impact player though, offers something completely different that tiring defences struggle to cope with.

He’s not good enough.

i find it amazing that he is getting credit for losing his balance and falling on his bum.

i assure you, I could cause equal confusion if that’s what it takes.

Trevor Francis was in a completely different league as an impact sub.

Gordon Watson was also a good one.

As was Mark Chamberlain.

not forgetting Jemson v Man Utd and the cameo from Larwie Madden at Wembley lol

Edited by HirstWhoScoredIt
  • Thanks 2