Are you even a fan?

On 15/02/2020 at 19:04, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

what a ridiculous set of statements.

you stand there with your dumb fuckk view on things and leave the rest of us to see it how it is.

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

Your the type of guy to apologise to a someone who has just punched you in face

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, AndersonOWL said:

Do we only have 2 keepers sherlock?

Whether or not you think Wildsmith is worth ago what is the benefit of booing Dawson while he is still on the pitch? Do you think he's going to play better? Do you think he conceded because he wasn't putting the effort in?

Not read all the thread but in response to the initial post, i believe you're right, booing the team does not help and i certainly didn't do so myself on Saturday. 

However i can understand why so many fans chose to. That said, a lot of the criticisms written on here of Saturday's performance were way over the top but probably as a result of our poor run and not just this game in isolation. 

I would rather see us have 300 to 500 fans less, if it meant not having to listen to "fans" slagging off the players.

Too many people think that their opinions are held by everybody else and that they have bought the right to boo or slag players off by buying a ticket. They never think that we all have the same rights as them and do not want to hear it. I hate hearing them whining on all the time, especially at the younger players. When the fans were told to encourage Fox instead of having a go at him, his confidence soared and he is now one of our better players. Why do the same to Dawson, when he is working on the problems and 95% of the goals we've conceded are more down to the error making experts in front of him. 

Let them come on here and air them and they will soon find out. :biggrin:

6 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Whether or not you think Wildsmith is worth ago what is the benefit of booing Dawson while he is still on the pitch? Do you think he's going to play better? Do you think he conceded because he wasn't putting the effort in?

Ah  the  " everyone's a winner " mentality

1. Hes playing crap making howlers.Monks not gonna tell him in his almost drugged up state. So someone has to.

2. He has a choice, either think. .as an adult... ( he does when he gets his wages ) and rectify the long list of errors he keeps making. Or get replaced.

3. See above. Wise up and play better. Effort doesn't mean good. You could run round in circles for days...but if you hot nowhere...as we are.Then..thats pretty much wasted time.

UTO

Disagree with booing Dawson even though he’s doing his best Westwood gaff a game impression . No point in singling out young lads like that . 

having said that , who the hell is going to applaud that shower . They are embarrassing . If I could be bothered to go anymore I sure as hell wouldn’t be clapping and cheering so,e of the most inept players I’ve ever witnessed 

• Thanks 1

Guest Ferkorf
8 hours ago, rickygoo said:

I have a Wednesday tale that he’s the villain in too. Not my favourite bloke. 

Cant remember who exactly it was might have been Worthington or Phil King that told him not to be an @rsehole lol

Never got his autograph though. Can't imagine many kids wanting it either so presumed he would be pleased I asked.