Are you even a fan?

Got to say didn't like the booing of Dawson. Never liked that at any time over the years for any player as my general view. 

Actually at times yesterday we rightly vented the frustration at the ref, opposition players, helped by a decent (ish) response to the sending off. 

The 2nd goal unfortunately killed it. But I also liked that FF tried to influence whether there was an offside in there. 

There are 2 ways to respond in dire situations that we are in. You turn on your own players or you turn that onto the opposition. The latter is better

39 minutes ago, mkowl said:

Got to say didn't like the booing of Dawson. Never liked that at any time over the years for any player as my general view. 

Actually at times yesterday we rightly vented the frustration at the ref, opposition players, helped by a decent (ish) response to the sending off. 

The 2nd goal unfortunately killed it. But I also liked that FF tried to influence whether there was an offside in there. 

There are 2 ways to respond in dire situations that we are in. You turn on your own players or you turn that onto the opposition. The latter is better

I mentioned this in another thread the other day. Booing and abusing players never has a positive effect. People like to bring up how much money players earn and how much money fans are paying to watch them, but even millionaires are negatively affected when they’re subjected to abuse. I can’t remember an instance when booing the players has had the sudden effect of suddenly making them play better and turn the fortunes around. Only encouragement does that. 

4 minutes ago, punkskaphil said:

I mentioned this in another thread the other day. Booing and abusing players never has a positive effect. People like to bring up how much money players earn and how much money fans are paying to watch them, but even millionaires are negatively affected when they’re subjected to abuse. I can’t remember an instance when booing the players has had the sudden effect of suddenly making them play better and turn the fortunes around. Only encouragement does that. 

Exactly but apparently that's a contrarian opinion

16 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

Agree with this 100%. The players are low on confidence, how is booing individuals and the team going to help, whatever you think about the team selection.

For 90 minutes we have to get behind the team; whichever team that is. Discuss it afterwards.

16 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

Cool, a superfan thread. 

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Are you still carrying this on? Accept some days you're the pigeon and some days the statue pal

Can't believe owlstalk is still going on about bloody pigeons

Let it go pal. He's long gone

DaveAllenPA_228x295.jpg.3b6e4e6b8d538369996fbed927f86266.jpg.a1ee5eb49c4a77ebb33b091dacd5b14c.jpg

26 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Exactly but apparently that's a contrarian opinion

I am sort of with you, leave the criticism for post match. In the stadium it should be us collectively SWFC v the World. 

Even if its flippin difficult

21 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Ffs lol

to be fair, worked out quite well for Norwich. Maybe a pissed up Chansiri giving a rallying cry at half time will do the trick. 

14 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Another @Owls2k style anti fan

A few questions for you then Ellis....are you happy to clap and support us all the way to the trap door without voicing your opinion? Are you happy to continue paying full whack to watch dross?? Are you happy with second best?? 

lastly...does this make you a better fan than me if say yes to every question?? 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

A few questions for you then Ellis....are you happy to clap and support us all the way to the trap door without voicing your opinion? Are you happy to continue paying full whack to watch dross?? Are you happy with second best?? 

lastly...does this make you a better fan than me if say yes to every question?? 

Will you go back and read the O/P, the questions you're asking me are not at all relevant to the points I made. I have not said it any shape, way or form that fans cannot have an opinion.