Are you even a fan?

32 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's not the fault of the players on the pitch they are selected ahead of some of our better players. Monks decision.

Fine I get it, swear etc, but literally booing specific players crosses a line. Being angry is normal but it gets to a level where it will affect the team. This is a fragile set of players, I know it's pathetic, but it's the type of team Tom Lees and Liam Palmer are strong enough characters to become captain. If we get on their backs they will play worse not better.

That's a straw man argument.

You basically agree with me, I didn't say it's the fans fault they put in a bad performance at all lol

I agree, but I think it needs to be vented after the game and on here. No while they're still playing.

Where was that mate I'll give it a miss

Its really hard to reply to you with such extreme multiquoting

• Haha 1

I've never been one for booing players during games - especially as the ones who get booed are often good players and it has no positive effect at all. I've seen Bob Bolder, Zico, Chris Morris, Fox and even Shez - fuckingShez!!!! - targeted. It's moronic. But then I'm a softie and it's one reason I don't like the vitriol levelled against Westwood and Hutchinson on the grounds that Jos and Monk don't happen to like them. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

What were you doing then '97 boy, did you want Dawson to put another in?

In '97 I was watching Benny and Paolo swan around Hillsborough but I must admit, I did hope one day that Mr C Dawson (currently 2 years of age) would stick one in his own net, you got me. 

Edited by Owls2k
  • Haha 1

Players always get singled out, this has been raised before, but the great John Sheridan was booed off in a season we got promoted and won the league cup. 

It happens, Rightly or wrongly.  What get me is the level of apathy in the fan base for the bigger under lying problems at the club.  

12 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

In '97 I was watching Benny and Paolo swan around Hillsborough but I must admit, I did hope one day that Mr C Dawson (currently 2 years of age) would stick one in his own net, you got me. 

11 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

I did not boo Mr Dawson, no. 

I am not a grandad so I'll skip the question!

So why are you happy people were booing him? You've lost the plot pal double posting me, heads gone

Edited by Ellis Rimmer

1 hour ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

It's not ok but fans booing Dawson when he gets the ball after he's just made a mistake? They're supposed to be supporters? How is that gonna help Dawson the rest of the game?

This set of players are confidence players, mocking them as they play is not going to make them play better. As Monk said they're fragile.

They were absolutely shocking today, it's not the fans fault they were bad but they're not going to play any better if they're getting abused from fans.

I’d save your breath mate.

We’re talking about Wednesday ‘fans’ on the Kop chanting “we’re fuc**n sh*t”, thinking they were being awfully clever & witty.

To be fair, the (reduced) crowd today were very patient in the most part.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So why are you happy people were booing him? You've lost the plot pal double posting me, heads gone

head's*

I'm not particularly happy about any booing, however I wouldn't declare anyone more or less of a fan than I due it, that's the point (and that's actually a point, not a question garymegson).

Guest Ferkorf
41 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

So are you upset with the team or is a 6 year old inside of you still pissed off with Nigel Jenson and you're taking it out on the team? 

Bit of both :ph34r:

40 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

Season ticket holder since 1997, 'pal'. 

Quit pointing fingers at fellow fans, you're making yourself look a fool.

I’m more amazed just because somebody goes to games religiously, they think their opinion is more valid.

Am I wrong in thinking we’re all Wednesday fans on here.

The amount of threads on here now where one supporter is berating another is plain sad.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Owls2k said:

head's*

I'm not particularly happy about any booing, however I wouldn't declare anyone more or less of a fan than I due it, that's the point (and that's actually a point, not a question garymegson).

Due to* it. I doubt you're even from Sheffield to be honest. 

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

no-they need to know they are in danger of getting us relegated because they can’t be arsed to make games a battle and collapse as soon as they come up against a side that competes.

they are in the large - a disgrace - and aren’t what i associate with a club I’ve supported for 35 years.

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

If you boo a young keeper after he's made a mistake?

Or you sing about not being fit to wear the shirt to the team?

Or you say you want us to lose the next match if that gets us rid of monk, or that relegation would be a good thing so we can have a clear out?

Whatever goes on at the club there is still a team on the pitch we should be wanting to win as fans of, and as supporters we can help them do that by actually supporting them and not trying to wreck their confidence.

The team is clearly devoid of confidence, why are a section of fans trying to make it worse? 

Critique them on here, facebook, praise or grumble, your friends and family all you like. Once you start doing it at Hillsborough while they're actually playing you're being an absolute nuisance and doing no good. 

If you are vocally abusing the team you are hindering us. If you are like this please just leave the game and think about going to watch Man City/Barcelona/Sheffield Steelers/United and view Wednesday from afar until we reach a level you're happy with because you're a man child glory supporting fickle fan who expects to see winning football.

We can get rid of any bad eggs at the club in future but right now we need to get the best out of all players including the bad eggs or it is not looking good for us.

another over excited happy clapper...bore off pal.

2 hours ago, Justbeanz said:

Oh FFS here we go. It's the latest its the fans fault thread.

Agree 

it’s not the fans fault that the manager is stubborn and plays a young goalkeeper who shouldn’t be relied on instead of biting his tongue and trying a proven goalkeeper