Dead Man Walking

11 hours ago, wilyfox said:

Would you trust that lot to follow instruction and execute a game plan? I don't. They clearly aren't performing for Monk. Wouldn't surprise me if they abandon what he asks them to do. Footballers are fickle creatures. 

Agree with what you say. Stopped trusting current squad some time ago. But I still say why now? None of them have played hump ball during there time at Wednesday. Suddenly Monk arrives (with a reputation for direct football and everything is whacked long. Coincidence? Surely not......

12 hours ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

It seems so

I guess you can't fall out with Westwood and Hutchinson

This is the thing though ain’t it,  I’m SICK of these players getting a clean slate 

Hutchinson can pack his bags for me, pi55 off back to London and pretend ur still wanted at Chelsea 

14 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Made an error in outing them against Wigan. Our players turn on you quicker than milk. Their must be a culture within that dressing room where the players think they’re bigger than the club. 

That's the problem, some do and they've been allowed to get away with it for too long. 

It needs strong decisive action from the top. 

Either back Monk if DC sees him as the long term option, or bring in a new manager....but at the same time terminate certain players contracts early and tell them to flipping do one. 

18 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Made an error in outing them against Wigan. Our players turn on you quicker than milk. Their must be a culture within that dressing room where the players think they’re bigger than the club. 

2 certain players maybe 

Guest wilyfox
26 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Agree with what you say. Stopped trusting current squad some time ago. But I still say why now? None of them have played hump ball during there time at Wednesday. Suddenly Monk arrives (with a reputation for direct football and everything is whacked long. Coincidence? Surely not......

There are times when we've gone long in the past aiming for Fletcher or Atdhe too often. Tom Lees inparticular gained a reputation for it. Under Jos we simply switched off altogether defensively and shipped in goals towards the end. Stopped trying for Carlos as well before he left. He cited unmotivated peripheral players as a reason for his departure.

This has a similar feel. The players decide when they've had enough of a manager. Shouldn't be that way - should be the other way around, if anything. But, as I said last night, we have a core group of players that have survived 4 or 5 managers. Perhaps they wrongly feel a given right to be here and rule roost because they outlast their gaffers. 

I think Monk is getting far too much if the blame here considering the resources he has.  Bruce, Jos and Carlos all had a team if coaches.

It is now time for something radical.  DC should back Monk and pay up the remainder of the contracts of a handful of players he doesn’t want and whose contracts are up in the Summer.  Financially this will make no difference to the club and will put down the kind of marker that is required.

14 hours ago, elvin parsnip said:

Perfect sh*t storm of looming points deduction, too many players who know they are not getting their contract renewed at this stage of the season and have just stooped putting the effort in and a mediocre manager who can’t bring his own staff or players in. Also a pathetic youth system which produces hardly anything- not good 

Exactly this. Monk is a disaster and needs to go. But the truth is our problems run way deeper than who is in charge of the first team.