Dead Man Walking

12 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't believe the orders are hoofball. That's what players do when movement is crap and we've lost the battle in midfield. 

Sorry. Makes no sense. If the movement is crap they should be working on it in training. Pass and move, angles of support etc. If the coaching is of reasonable quality you’ll start to notice a difference from the stands. If we continuously lose the battle in midfield (which we do) they should be working on it in training, starting positions, defending one v one, distances between players etc. The fact that Lees, Palmer and Fox are looking to go long as a default when they did not under CC, Dross or Bruce suggests they are under instruction to do so. 

48 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Managers need to learn that the there needs to be a short and long term plan.

In the short term you need to use all the assets you have to gain as many points as possible

In the long term you need to shape and build a squad of players to represent you and gather as many points as possible

For some reason Monk - like Jos before him - is paying absolute neglect to the short term. Risking his long term success and our long terms stability 

By all means, bomb the entire squad out at the end of the season...but use all the tools you have available to make as best you can.

MONK OUT

Good point. Doubtfire didn’t tell any of the out of contract players their contracts wouldn’t be renewed he dangled a carrot. 

That said, some need bombing out immediately as they are reeking the place out. 

I don’t want him sacked but he’s lost the support now. You don’t get that back.

Chansiri is the issue at our football club, he’s where supporters frustrations and anger should lie. He will sack Monk to take pressure off himself. How he escapes the criticism he does I don’t have a clue. 

59 minutes ago, striker said:

Hopefully most of those players can fizz off too. 

Players are more to blame than Monk. Absolute shower the lot of them, if I was DC would ship them out. The players have let us fans down and should be ashamed of themselves  spineless with no professional integrity. 

Guest wilyfox
18 minutes ago, Lawrie’s Left Peg said:

Sorry. Makes no sense. If the movement is crap they should be working on it in training. Pass and move, angles of support etc. If the coaching is of reasonable quality you’ll start to notice a difference from the stands. If we continuously lose the battle in midfield (which we do) they should be working on it in training, starting positions, defending one v one, distances between players etc. The fact that Lees, Palmer and Fox are looking to go long as a default when they did not under CC, Dross or Bruce suggests they are under instruction to do so. 

Would you trust that lot to follow instruction and execute a game plan? I don't. They clearly aren't performing for Monk. Wouldn't surprise me if they abandon what he asks them to do. Footballers are fickle creatures. 

Of all the people that can get f**ed at Sheffield Wednesday, Monk is the very last. 

Yes, some questionable tactics, teams selections etc. But he’s not the root cause, yet he’ll be the one down the road soon. These players have not given their all for years now. The thing that said it all for me was the last 5 mins of that game, 1-0 down and Bannan shirks his tackle...half arsed attempt to win the ball back. 

Get this lot out of our club. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Of all the people that can get f**ed at Sheffield Wednesday, Monk is the very last. 

Yes, some questionable tactics, teams selections etc. But he’s not the root cause, yet he’ll be the one down the road soon. These players have not given their all for years now. The thing that said it all for me was the last 5 mins of that game, 1-0 down and Bannan shirks his tackle...half arsed attempt to win the ball back. 

I don't disagree, but there is little denying the fact that Monk is all but done here. 

Those "players" have thrown him under the bus and he won't survive. 

I would love to know what we actually work on in training. 

Going off what I've seen in the last few weeks, I can rule out the fact that we work on passing the ball, retaining the ball or, well, anything to do with playing a game of football. 

Honestly, in the last few games we've played like a bunch of lads having a kick about, who have decided on where all of them are going to play 5 minutes before kick off. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Monk brought 3 of them in!

And all 3 looked poor.

8 hours ago, Harrysgame said:

Players are more to blame than Monk. Absolute shower the lot of them, if I was DC would ship them out. The players have let us fans down and should be ashamed of themselves  spineless with no professional integrity. 

100% this