Dead Man Walking

GM: The bottom line is the results aren’t good enough. But I’ll fight, I have been a fighter my whole career and will do the best I can to get the best out of these players. It’s a mountain to climb and I will fight to do it and I expect that from the players

Great - so we can expect Hutchinson back in the squad for Reading?

Perfect sh*t storm of looming points deduction, too many players who know they are not getting their contract renewed at this stage of the season and have just stooped putting the effort in and a mediocre manager who can’t bring his own staff or players in. Also a pathetic youth system which produces hardly anything- not good 

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Well...he played that card first after he went after them in public and made a rod for his own back

Their performance warranted those remarks, to be fair. That said, it's not clever to berate the players publically whether he's right or wrong. He still needed them to go out and perform. Monk hasn't helped himself, but our squad has a core group of cúnts. 

So what’s happened to the players and them not giving a crap anymore? Is it because Monk has fallen out with a couple of the big personalities? They know we are going to get docked points so can’t be bothered any more? Perhaps Monk saying what he did a few weeks ago about having a clear out has bit him on the bum? Maybe what he said yesterday about us not realistically getting in the play offs hasn’t helped either. fizz knows. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Their performance warranted those remarks, to be fair. That said, it's not clever to berate the players publically whether he's right or wrong. He still needed them to go out and perform. Monk hasn't helped himself, but our squad has a core group of cúnts. 

wonder what he will say about them tonight. 

I don't think he's helped himself. Tonight smacked of desperation and the scoreline flattered us.

Even the players who were better performers earlier in the season have regressed significantly. 

It feels very much like the trouble causing element within the squad are still somehow managing to influence events without being directly involved.

The biggest concert.....it still feels like we could easily plummet further on and off the field.

Edited by Morepork

10 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Who the fizz would want to play the way Monk sets us up to play My god it’s awful, hoofball, nothing less

11 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So what’s happened to the players and them not giving a crap anymore? Is it because Monk has fallen out with a couple of the big personalities? They know we are going to get docked points so can’t be bothered any more? Perhaps Monk saying what he did a few weeks ago about having a clear out has bit him on the bum? Maybe what he said yesterday about us not realistically getting in the play offs hasn’t helped either. fizz knows. 

There are all going through the motions happy to collect their inflated wage packets.

Need to clear the lot in the summer and start again 

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

All of the coaching team need to go not just Monk and they can take the entire playing squad with them too.

And therein is part of the problem.   Monk doesn’t have a coaching team. They left with Bruce.  He has Bullen, who I am afraid the more I think of it is part of the problem. 
Many in here criticise DC, players who are going to have contracts renewed, lack of an youth development scheme and the answer is sack a guy who has been here 6 months.

Im not saying he is a messiah but he deserves a fair crack of the whip and he won’t get that until next season. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Who the fizz would want to play the way Monk sets us up to play My god it’s awful, hoofball, nothing less

I don't believe the orders are hoofball. That's what players do when movement is crap and we've lost the battle in midfield. 

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I don't believe the orders are hoofball. That's what players do when movement is crap and we've lost the battle in midfield. 

Forestieri was the only one looking to play balls down the side of the centre backs, so Monk hauls him off Also, can’t he see that a two man midfield doesn’t work

22 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I didn’t say he was wrong in the content of what he said.