Scary Summer Ahead

45 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

A major concern has to be that we lose those players but due to an embargo can’t replace them.

I don't think that's how it works - they can't possibly not allow us to replace players otherwise we could be left without a team.

If an embargo is put in place (which I don't think it will), there would be restrictions on wages etc I would imagine, which taking into account the money we are still paying some of the payers who give very little to the club may not be a bad thing.

Get in some young, hungry players who want to make a name for them selves.

1 hour ago, Mystic Neg said:

Depressing forecast. 

Is this the BBC or summat?

Ha, sorry. When I started compiling it I wasn't expecting it to leave us so thin on players. Just hope we are able to replace them with something that resembles a young, hungry and competitive team,

Guest Bulgaria

The most frightening thing is that we are still lining the pockets of " I will play when I feel like it Westwood" until next year.

And I read somewhere that he is our highest earner.

Makes yer want to throw up.

Apart from a new deal for Fox all the players out of contract can go for me and must get rid of Rhodes. Didn't know Monks contract is also up, interesting.

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

How is that ‘a scary Summer ahead’?

I think it’s probably the best and most exciting Summer we’ve had for 4 years

correct , scary would be the complete opposite which would be nobody is out of contract! Least this way we can send some players packing 

• Like 1

It's not so much the players whose contracts finish in June - we've known about these for a long time; it's as the OP states, the others whose contracts expire in 2021. 

I hope we go against our previous and largely unsuccessful policy holding on till the end, and ook carefully at any bids for these.

BB, Lees, Westwood, Reach, Rhodes and Palmer could all me moved on for me, providing we have a plan for the new team/squad set up. They are either able to fit into this or not - if not, ship out for a fee.

All players not central to our plans, or not good enough to get promoted need to be moved on in Summer.

DC will back the manager to get proper players in, the new manager will have a proper wage budget to work within.

Great opportunity to attract a big hitting manager.

Dawson

Iorfa

Börner

Fox

Bannan

Luongo

Reach

Harris

Everyone else should be elsewhere by 1st September 2020

5 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

The most frightening thing is that we are still lining the pockets of " I will play when I feel like it Westwood" until next year.

And I read somewhere that he is our highest earner.

Makes yer want to throw up.

If he's actually refusing to play or being a sub..is that not breaching the expensive contract he is on?

7 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Apart from a new deal for Fox all the players out of contract can go for me and must get rid of Rhodes. Didn't know Monks contract is also up, interesting.

Add Westwood to the list, don't look good to the rest of the squad been on mega money for making cameo appearances

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

How is that ‘a scary Summer ahead’?

I think it’s probably the best and most exciting Summer we’ve had for 4 years

What, you're excited about the financial pickle and potential points deduction? I'm all for getting rid of a large number of the squad but we need to replace them with better/hungrier players and just hope we're not forced into the bargain bucket.

Just now, Junk Smuggler said:

What, you're excited about the financial pickle and potential points deduction? I'm all for getting rid of a large number of the squad but we need to replace them with better/hungrier players and just hope we're not forced into the bargain bucket.

I’m not at all concerned by that.

This Summer represents an exciting opportunity to final correct some of the issues of the past few years

8 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

All players not central to our plans, or not good enough to get promoted need to be moved on in Summer.

DC will back the manager to get proper players in, the new manager will have a proper wage budget to work within.

Great opportunity to attract a big hitting manager.

Dawson

Iorfa

Börner

Fox

Bannan

Luongo

Reach

Harris

Everyone else should be elsewhere by 1st September 2020

Great optimism. Just hope it comes off. What makes you think DC will back the manager to get proper players in? He may have his hands tied.

1 hour ago, The Horse said:

If we get the points deduction this season, am I right in thinking the slate gets wiped clean regards embargoes?

Meaning next season we get to go again from square one?

If so, then we need to get points on the board sharpish, take the hit this season, stay up and let whichever manager is in place re-build the entire squad sensibly and sustainability.

We need to build a young, hungry squad of players that will have a sell on value as they develop and improve. We need to look at Brentford as the model ro follow. 

• Like 1

Just now, McRightSide said:

I’m not at all concerned by that.

This Summer represents an exciting opportunity to final correct some of the issues of the past few years

Thats all well and good providing you have the right people at the head of the tree. The history of DC and even Monk to a degree would out doubt in a lot of people's minds. I hope I'm wrong come the start of next season and only time will tell.

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

We need to build a young, hungry squad of players that will have a sell on value as they develop and improve. We need to look at Brentford as the model ro follow. 

This is where the scouting/recruitment team come in. Southamptons model is also very good. Find a way to play and recruit playing and non playing staff to fit that ethos. 

The difficulty is setting the player salary structure. We saw in 2016 how suddenly with the influx of players, the current players suddenly want more.

Whilst people are excited about Wickham, if they expect us to sign him permanently in the Summer, he'll presumably command Fletcher-level wages at least. Not sure how much will be left to go around, unless we ship out Rhodes, BB, Westwood.