Scary Summer Ahead

Just looking at what we could be left with contractually at the end of this season and it's quite scary. When all the contacts expire and loans return we are left with the following (could even be less as unsure of the length of contract given to Odubajo and Harris and there's always doubt about Rhodes):

Westwood (till 2021)

Dawson

Wildsmith

Lees (till 2021)

Iorfa

Palmer (till 2021)

Borner

Odubajo (potentially as contract length wasn't stated on signing)

Bannan (till 2021)

Reach (till 2021)

Luongo

Harris (potentially as contract length wasn't stated on signing)

Rhodes (unclear whether it's 2020 or 2021 when his contract expires)

In some respects it's a clear canvas, especially up front and no excuses not to get recruitment right. On the other hand it could be a very slow Summer with what's currently looming over us. If we were to start next season with a points deduction (for example) or embargo again does it make us a good proposition to sign for? 

I for one am pretty apprehensive about what could be our most important Summer for many a year. You even have to look at the fact that Bannan, Lees and Reach will be out of contract the following Summer and decide if it's time to cash in beforehand?! 

I wouldn’t say it’s scary at all. Not one player in this squad I’d be worried about losing. My biggest concern is we don’t get our punishment from the EFL for this season and next year we could be on minus points before a ball is kicked. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Not apprehensive myself, I am quite looking forward to a lot of the wasters we have been carrying for far too long being shown the door. 

We need to go back to basics and start again and adopt a Brentford style recruiting policy. That is signing young players with quality and selling on at a profit rather buying older players whose best years are behind them, paying them huge wages and selling them on at a big loss or on a free.

And as we know many of these older players come with chips on their shoulders and only want to play when it suits them, Mr Westwood.

As the song goes rip it up and start again. It may take many seasons to get where we need to be but I am fed up to the back teeth of the status quo. 

39 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Just looking at what we could be left with contractually at the end of this season and it's quite scary. When all the contacts expire and loans return we are left with the following (could even be less as unsure of the length of contract given to Odubajo and Harris and there's always doubt about Rhodes):

Westwood (till 2021)

Dawson

Wildsmith

Lees (till 2021)

Iorfa

Palmer (till 2021)

Borner

Odubajo (potentially as contract length wasn't stated on signing)

Bannan (till 2021)

Reach (till 2021)

Luongo

Harris (potentially as contract length wasn't stated on signing)

Rhodes (unclear whether it's 2020 or 2021 when his contract expires)

In some respects it's a clear canvas, especially up front and no excuses not to get recruitment right. On the other hand it could be a very slow Summer with what's currently looming over us. If we were to start next season with a points deduction (for example) or embargo again does it make us a good proposition to sign for? 

I for one am pretty apprehensive about what could be our most important Summer for many a year. You even have to look at the fact that Bannan, Lees and Reach will be out of contract the following Summer and decide if it's time to cash in beforehand?! 

Dosnt scare me mate. I'm only sad there arnt more out of contract this summer. 

• Haha 4

Guest The Horse

If we get the points deduction this season, am I right in thinking the slate gets wiped clean regards embargoes?

Meaning next season we get to go again from square one?

If so, then we need to get points on the board sharpish, take the hit this season, stay up and let whichever manager is in place re-build the entire squad sensibly and sustainability.

50 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s scary at all. Not one player in this squad I’d be worried about losing. My biggest concern is we don’t get our punishment from the EFL for this season and next year we could be on minus points before a ball is kicked. 

That’s what I think will happen too 

8 minutes ago, Etchesketch said:

Rhodes is 2021. Transfermarket.co.uk often get it wrong if you looked on there. SIgned 4 year contract July 2017 after being on loan second half of previous season.

Might be useful for us in League One

• Haha 1