We can’t play Bannan in the midfield two when we play two out-and-out wingers

6 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Criticism of quality and acceptance of mediocrity within the fanbase is a major issue we have.

Bannan is one of a very small group of players we have that could actually play a big role in a promotion winning squad.

But he’s forced to try and create magic in a team with Pelupessy being absolutely, cataclysmically out of his depth alongside him in a two, and Nuhiu as a lone striker ahead of him.

But hey, let’s pan the guy who can actually help us win games instead of acknowledging the dire surroundings he has.

Is he turning in perfect performances? Far from it. But I sympathize with him too.

Meanwhile, feel free to accept what Pelupessy, Nuhiu, Rhodes, Harris and a Winnall have been turning in and turn your spite towards Bannan.

I'll put this into simpler terms for you.

Since Christmas in the league we have won only 1 in 7 attempts. Barry Bannan has played in every game. Each game we have put in disjointed team performances, held out well at Leeds however and got a good win, but drew once and lost the other 5. 

Since Christmas we've also played 2 cup games. Both matches we put in good team performances, the best of the last 9 games, got two good wins and guess what, Bannan didnt feature in either.

The problem is we over rely to much on Bannan when he plays, despite him being a good player him in the side is detrimental to our chances of winning matches unless he has a cracking game which he does once in every 6 or so attempts.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

I'll put this into simpler terms for you.

Since Christmas in the league we have won only 1 in 7 attempts. Barry Bannan has played in every game. Each game we have put in disjointed team performances, held out well at Leeds however and got a good win, but drew once and lost the other 5. 

Since Christmas we've also played 2 cup games. Both matches we put in good team performances, the best of the last 9 games, got two good wins and guess what, Bannan didnt feature in either.

The problem is we over rely to much on Bannan when he plays, despite him being a good player him in the side is detrimental to our chances of winning matches unless he has a cracking game which he does once in every 6 or so attempts.

Ok who would you have in midfield today ?

5 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Ok who would you have in midfield today ?

Thats the problem, everyone is injured.

We could have given Hunt a try instead but despite my complaints against Bannan, he is probably more of a match winner even we he plays poo .

My point is that when everyone is fit, he has to be dropped.

Luongo and Pelupessy at Oakwell hopefully.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867
  • Haha 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

That failed 5 years ago mate.

And this is what’s important,  we reyt NEED to forget about what nearly worked in 2015 

The skipper is another,  failure , needs gone 

1 hour ago, shandypants said:

Bannan was expected to do a job today that we know he can’t do. If you play two wide men in advanced positions then you need a midfield pairing with some bite. I felt sorry for Bannan and more so for Pelupessy because they were overrun at times. 

I agree they were overrun but there is never an excuse for not tracking or fighting for the ball.  That’s about attitude, it’s the least we expect. This is the championship and no team has the luxury of carrying a player.  He was a disgrace today. 

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Thats the problem, everyone is injured.

We could have given Hunt a try instead but despite my complaints against Bannan, he is probably more of a match winner even we he plays poo .

My point is that when everyone is fit, he has to be dropped.

Nail on the head.

Its not that Bannan is a poor player, quite the opposite but how often does he turn up? When was the last time he used his ability and took a game by the scruff of the neck? He is frustrating more than anything because of his inconsistent performances.

People were excusing him last year suggesting he had a bad season because of Luhukay.... This year he’s playing poor because of everyone else!