We can’t play Bannan in the midfield two when we play two out-and-out wingers

1 minute ago, s6 owl said:

Bannan was horrific today.

Bannan was expected to do a job today that we know he can’t do. If you play two wide men in advanced positions then you need a midfield pairing with some bite. I felt sorry for Bannan and more so for Pelupessy because they were overrun at times. 

Just now, shandypants said:

Bannan was expected to do a job today that we know he can’t do. If you play two wide men in advanced positions then you need a midfield pairing with some bite. I felt sorry for Bannan and more so for Pelupessy because they were overrun at times. 

I get that but the technical side of the game is supposed be his strength yet today he was garbage at it.

11 minutes ago, s6 owl said:

I get that but the technical side of the game is supposed be his strength yet today he was garbage at it.

I think you’re doing him disservice by saying he was horrific. Not his best game but he was still effective (but not spectacular) outside his defensive duties. 

Edited by shandypants

5 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I think you’re doing him disservice by saying he was horrific. Not his best game but he was still effective (but not spectacular) outside his defensive duties. 

Maybe so but i thought he was wasteful to say the least.

Blind passes, floated corners, ineffective in defensive positions....honestly, If Bannan had a different name on the back of his shirt he would have been getting pelters from our fans. 

If we have ambitions of achieving anything we need to be looking at better, more consistent players. 

Any team with Bannan as the focal point of its midfield will never get out of this league.  He’s a good player and should be an important squad member, but he needs to be part of a much stronger midfield unit rather than the main man.  He should not be an automatic starter, but our options in the middle of the park are so poor that he’s currently seen as untouchable by some.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

It makes it near impossible for him.

Hapless next to him and no-one to hit up front 

That will be exactly why he refuses to track back with urgency, tackle, shoot... it’s a protest against who he’s playing with.