Has last nights result pushed you over the edge?

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t think he’d be that upset. Would you be?

He’s just a patsy - same as Jos.

He has very little power or autonomy.

Neither has the Chairman now either, I suspect.

No, I’d be delighted Don’t care for the bloke at all, either as a person, or the way he plays his football

40 minutes ago, stowyowl said:

Yes. I had real issues getting there due to Northern cancelling two of my trains home, then traffic issues so arrived moments before kick off. I'm going to be putting a complaint in to Northern for not cancelling a third train so that I still had to witness that gutless sh!t show.

reckon us and Arriva are about neck-and-neck in the form table

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

Not really. It’s predictable and has been coming for a long time. Keep do8ng the same things - expect the same results.

We often get false dawns and corners are turned - but it doesn’t last.

The older you get the more cynical you become.

I keep an eye on the results - but, I’m past the hope/heartache now. 

Its what I suspect is coming next that I worry about.

Its a massive job to turn this Club around.

I'm a season ticket holder on the North stand, I don't go to games anymore. I actually let my Mrs take a job working weekends so I have to look after the kids, so I have an excuse not to attend. £500 down the swanney, but you know what? I just can't be arsed with it anymore, the heartache and stress of it, what's the point, after all, it's only a game. 

• Haha 2

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I don’t think he’d be that upset. Would you be?

He’s just a patsy - same as Jos.

He has very little power or autonomy.

Neither has the Chairman now either, I suspect.

Monk hasn't been able to bring any players in. He hasn't even been able to bring his own staff in. But it's that age-old issue. Yes it's the players to blame but they are a given. The chairman too bears a huge amount of responsibility.  But we need a manager who can deal with the situation as it is not how he'd like it to be.  Maybe that's impossible with this group and we just have to stick it out. 

Just now, gurujuan said:

No, I’d be delighted Don’t care for the bloke at all, either as a person, or the way he plays his football

I respect your opinion - and, with hindsight are often proved right.

You have good football knowledge.

But on this occasion Monk’s credentials are irrelevant without a change in the direction of the Club too. It’s a sticking plaster.

Until the EFL thing is sorted - nobody knows what the future holds. 

And, I doubt if the Chairman will tell us.

Its a complete shambles - regardless of Monk.

We change the manager it’s another false dawn - but it will still be a shambles.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Blenkinsops shed said:

No..

Just reaffirmed my view of the whole club..

A total shambles.

Haven't we near enough always been?

The blind loyalty we have shown to this club over the years is ridiculous 

It wouldn't take much to make us into a good club - but we seem to be ran by idiots!

• Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, torres said:

the players pushed me over the edge  - then Monk's rant dragged me back in

I have full faith in him  - given the time 

I'm fully behind Monk hanging them out to dry. At the end of the day players who can't be arsed to put in a shift won't get sacked, Monk will. They are putting Monks job on the line through their lack of effort. 

• Like 1

Was last nights result the tipping point for you?

I've been going to Hillsborough for over 60 years so I've seen & suffered much worse than our current predicament.

Where do we go from here? Is Monk partially responsible or does this rest on the shoulders of the players?

Monks tactics, team selections & substitutions don't help but the majority of our spineless, couldn't care less, stealing a wage players are where the major blame lies.

With deadline day Friday can we chop and change enough to get back on track or is the season lost and we should concentrate on weeding out the s***e and gearing up for a summer recruitment drive?

We'll probably only bring in 2 or 3 average players at the most. I don't see us getting back on track for a play off push so my main concern is that we get enough points on the board to avoid relegation should we get a points deduction.

Lots of questions to be asked. What’s your thoughts?

We have an owner/chairman who's hearts in the right place but who doesn't have the knowledge to run a football club & seemingly doesn't take advice. Due to FFP/P&S I don't believe we'll be in a position to start spending for at least 18 months so when we've culled a load of the dross this summer we'll still be looking at the bargain basement to fill the gaps & I'm not sure Monk is the man to do it.  Unfortunately I think we're looking at 2 to 3 years at least before we can realistically talk about a Premier league push.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Monk hasn't been able to bring any players in. He hasn't even been able to bring his own staff in. But it's that age-old issue. Yes it's the players to blame but they are a given. The chairman too bears a huge amount of responsibility.  But we need a manager who can deal with the situation as it is not how he'd like it to be.  Maybe that's impossible with this group and we just have to stick it out. 

That’s right, most of the bad decisions have been made by the man above, and his advisors, the Jordan Rhodes debacle, and the appointment of Jos and Monk. If there are players here who don’t fit the profile of players that Monk wants, then change them as and when you can. As I mentioned earlier, his tirade last night was probably aimed at Bannan. If so, just sell him, there will be plenty of takers While I don’t agree that Bannan was solely responsible for last nights defeat, if Monk feels that was the case, just quietly go about moving him on Really, his man management skills are atrocious, and have been throughout his career

49 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Was last nights result the tipping point for you?

Where do we go from here? Is Monk partially responsible or does this rest on the shoulders of the players?

With deadline day Friday can we chop and change enough to get back on track or is the season lost and we should concentrate on weeding out the s***e and gearing up for a summer recruitment drive?

Lots of questions to be asked. What’s your thoughts?

Both for me.

I watched the game and purposely stayed off here last night after the game so as not to post meltdown feelings.

Most of the players just seem to bottle it and can't lift their games.

I think GM got it wrong last night when Fox went off.

Why shuffle all the back four around when Wigan offered nothing in the first half. Just stick Reach on in place.

Kiefer Moore ran us us ragged in the second half and had offered nothing up to that point.

Some poor lacklustre performances last night and a wrong decision that changed the game IMO.

4 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The chairman too bears a huge amount of responsibility.

The book stops with the Chairman - it’s all his fault. Even though he had the best of intentions.

Totally - I cant mitigate for him. He and he alone, has made a complete mess of it. Recruitment, retention, both managerial and players.

The Club needs/needed leadership and direction. Not just money. And, he hasn’t provided it.

All the side issues flow, ultimately from him. What a shambles - and what’s next? Does anyone know?

All that money spent - and no plan.

* There, I’ve said it now. But it had to be said.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I respect your opinion - and, with hindsight are often proved right.

You have good football knowledge.

But on this occasion Monk’s credentials are irrelevant without a change in the direction of the Club too. It’s a sticking plaster.

Until the EFL thing is sorted - nobody knows what the future holds. 

And, I doubt if the Chairman will tell us.

Its a complete shambles - regardless of Monk.

We change the manager it’s another false dawn - but it will still be a shambles.

It is a complete shambles, and most of the poor decisions have been made by the man above, you are right. The managers job though, is to steer a steady course through these choppy waters, while those things unfold Last nights rant, has made doing that a whole lot trickier

9 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

The book stops with the Chairman - it’s all his fault. Even though he had the best of intentions.

Totally - I cant mitigate for him. He and he alone, has made a complete mess of it. Recruitment, retention, both managerial and players.

The Club needs/needed leadership and direction. Not just money. And, he hasn’t provided it.

All the side issues flow, ultimately from him. What a shambles - and what’s next? Does anyone know?

All that money spent - and no plan.

* There, I’ve said it now. But it had to be said.

I agree. And that's the pickle we are in.  With no shareholders to remove him he has total control and he doesn't seem to be a great listener.  

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

No, Monk’s outburst has, maybe not pushed me over the edge, but reaffirmed my suspicions that, he is not a good manager

Maybe Monk isn't the be all and end all but he's had a few months here, no transfer windows and a squad full of over the hill, proven failures. He's lost his top goalscorer along the way too. If we keep chopping and changing the manager but letting the players escape blame we will have the same results year on year.

I've said it for years now but the players are so comfortable here and have an easy ride. As a group they aren't ever going to put that extra bit in when it matters. They don't have the stomach or passion to really achieve something. 

16 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It is a complete shambles, and most of the poor decisions have been made by the man above, you are right. The managers job though, is to steer a steady course through these choppy waters, while those things unfold Last nights rant, has made doing that a whole lot trickier

That's the issue.We need a manager who can cope with the situation as it is now how he'd like to be. It's the same at every football club. It's a bit unfair but the players can get the manager the sack very easily.

16 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Maybe Monk isn't the be all and end all but he's had a few months here, no transfer windows and a squad full of over the hill, proven failures. He's lost his top goalscorer along the way too. If we keep chopping and changing the manager but letting the players escape blame we will have the same results year on year.

I've said it for years now but the players are so comfortable here and have an easy ride. As a group they aren't ever going to put that extra bit in when it matters. They don't have the stomach or passion to really achieve something. 

Now this is a bit more reasonable However, if those players are proven failures, at least some have been promoted, using the same criteria, what does that make Monk? I’ve been getting more and more irritated by Monk’s musings in recent weeks. Not necessarily by the mixed bag of results, as much of that probably has more to do with the imbalance of the squad. 
As you say, the loss of our leading scorer, and few other options of quality in that department, hasn’t helped The manager has the opportunity to change that in this window, and wider changes could be made in the summer, when some of those big earners will go We know the limitations of some of the players, but with 2 or 3 additions this window, things would probably improve Now what though, after last nights rant, the situation is a lot more difficult, it’s just rank bad man management

Edited by gurujuan