Joey P

4 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Agree that at times BB plays too deep; the majority of Wednesday fans concur and see the problems it causes with a large gap between midfield and the forwards. If we can see this I'm sure Monk can to; so why is BB not getting instructions from the manager to play further forward. As our most creative midfielder we do need him higher up the pitch.

I agree the whole team needs to play further up, we have some pace at the back with Iorfa now, therefore it should allow more of the midfield push up to support the forwards. Might change us to playing less long ball and we might even see 5 or six Wednesday bodies in the opposition box in open play.

4 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Agree that at times BB plays too deep; the majority of Wednesday fans concur and see the problems it causes with a large gap between midfield and the forwards. If we can see this I'm sure Monk can to; so why is BB not getting instructions from the manager to play further forward. As our most creative midfielder we do need him higher up the pitch.

Personally i think not only does Monk see it, he actively encourages it. For me i get the impression he wants BB there for his ability to hit long raking balls forward. Seeing him as the ideal player to quickly turn defence into attack playing the more direct style Monk tends to favour !

There was a period in Carlos’s first season when BB played wide right or wide left as he couldn’t get into the midfield two. It did mean that BB didn’t do this thing of collecting the ball off the CB or goalie and he got forward far more. One big issue with him back then was his finishing, he wasted lots of chances, but he was very effective  at times playing that role. BB needs to be in our side when fit, but he should be playing further forward without doubt. With Hutch alongside him there can often be a big midfield gap or both of them end up just in front of our CHs, with Lee BB tends to play behind him and becomes the quarterback, whereas alongside JP he tends to be more dynamic. Now for me Hutch and Lee are better by a fair margin than JP, but I’m talking a fit and mobile Hutch and Lee, which isn’t always the case. However, JP perhaps offers the best balance alongside BB in midfield, if we’re playing a midfield 2.

Guest LittleG
10 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Personally i think not only does Monk see it, he actively encourages it. For me i get the impression he wants BB there for his ability to hit long raking balls forward. Seeing him as the ideal player to quickly turn defence into attack playing the more direct style Monk tends to favour !

You may be right, I don't know. Unfortunately with Fletch out injured the long balls are a waste of time to our other strikers.

26 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Deluded.

And if you are right then Monk needs sacking.

8 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Deluded.

And if you are right then Monk needs sacking.

Yeah i agree, what a bonkers idea to have a deep lying midfielder, with a great range of passing, starting quick counter attacks!, bonkers indeed. Get him sacked immediately. Then you can get your c.v in, you'd be a shoo in. Then hopefully we'd see 5ft BB in his natural position at CB!!!.. Deluded indeed :wacko::wacko:

12 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Yeah i agree, what a bonkers idea to have a deep lying midfielder, with a great range of passing, starting quick counter attacks!, bonkers indeed. Get him sacked immediately. Then you can get your c.v in, you'd be a shoo in. Then hopefully we'd see 5ft BB in his natural position at CB!!!.. Deluded indeed :wacko::wacko:

The one thing Bannan doesn't do with this collecting the ball from the 6 yard box, is quick counter attacks.

He slows the game down by insisting everyone gives him the ball, (2 yards away from Dawson).

Do you actually watch the games!!!! 

7 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

The one thing Bannan doesn't do with this collecting the ball from the 6 yard box, is quick counter attacks.

He slows the game down by insisting everyone gives him the ball, (2 yards away from Dawson).

Do you actually watch the games!!!! 

I do indeed, only 1 league game this season ive missed. He does sometimes slow the game, other times pings a long ball out to wide men as the situation dictates. Its called reading the game, clearly something that you know little about!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

I do indeed, only 1 league game this season ive missed. He does sometimes slow the game, other times pings a long ball out to wide men as the situation dictates. Its called reading the game, clearly something that you know little about!

How rude

:tango:

Mate, everyone on here knows what BB is capable of. The good and the poor. There's plenty of both in his game and for all his talents he has many limitations.

2 minutes ago, Bleeder said:

How rude

:tango:

Mate, everyone on here knows what BB is capable of. The good and the poor. There's plenty of both in his game and for all his talents he has many limitations.

I dont disagree at all, JP loving manc lad might be different gravy though, and more worthy of your scorn!!:laugh:

To say that Pelupessy did such an amazing job keeping Eze quiet, it was strange to see him appear so often in the highlights as QPRs main threat.

Joey was in them too, just running round nowhere near the actual action. 

That block by Fox was outstanding btw.

Edited by McRightSide

15 hours ago, McRightSide said:

To say that Pelupessy did such an amazing job keeping Eze quiet, it was strange to see him appear so often in the highlights as QPRs main threat.

Joey was in them too, just running round nowhere near the actual action. 

That block by Fox was outstanding btw.

Highlights lolwhat a muppet 

Eze was limited to two half arsed efforts the whole game that Cammy could have chucked his hat on 

I am not the biggest fan of Joey but I do recognise the part he played in a good away performance to slate him like you have is pathetic 

I would love to see you say to Monk great result GARY but that Pelupessy is garbage and see what response you got 

thrower 

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Highlights lolwhat a muppet 

Eze was limited to two half arsed efforts the whole game that Cammy could have chucked his hat on 

I am not the biggest fan of Joey but I do recognise the part he played in a good away performance to slate him like you have is pathetic 

I would love to see you say to Monk great result GARY but that Pelupessy is garbage and see what response you got 

thrower 

He doesn’t have to say anything.

The three league starts says it all about how Monk feels

Btw, the reason I mention the highlights is because it’s the perfect summary of his entire performance. 

Edited by McRightSide
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

That film is called Aladdin.

It’s also the new Aladdin Film that features will Smith isn’t it? I actually thought that was it’s correct title 

Edited by fpowl