Joey P

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

No didn’t get into any battles never mind win them. The one time he made a good intervention (a tackle) was to atone for his earlier mistake - I bet most people didn’t actually notice the mistake though, because it wasn’t on the ball.

Theres not enough cuteness in his game. They just jog and pass round him whilst the seals on here clap and wave their arms about his hard work.

Also - not one single pass forwards in 45 minutes. Not one. At one point he even had time and space and turned round and rifled it back to Lees who was 25 yards behind him.

Lovely fella, wish he was good enough, but he isn’t. Last night was another example.

Hutch held us together, hence their change in performance when JP was required to step up...and failed.

What a load of fbckingshit 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

So first you say he had no help when Hutchinson went off - so you acknowledge he had help and was poor

And then you say he had no help once again.

Bending more spoons than URI Geller

He had no defensive help in the midfield mate after Hutchinson went off. None.

You need to re read my comments because no where did I say he had help, just that only Hunt was his 'help' who provided little to none.

I can't remember who suggested it but how the hell can the teams defensive midfield player be 'out of position'??  Its the least technically demanding position on the field.  Basically you just follow the ball around (to any opposition player who has it) in front of the back 4.  As such, it is also probably the most physically demanding position (you are chasing something around that usually moves much faster than you do).  From what ive seen joey does this just fine.. He doesn't make long forward passes but equally he doesn't overcomplicate the job and get caught 40 yards too far forward.  If anything his decision making is better than hutch with regards to giving away needless free kicks / professional fouls or diving in when it isn't necessary. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, tommycockles said:

Bannan's been the main man because he's been the better player!!. 

"I'm not saying Pelepessy is a better overall player. He isn't. But he is a better team player"!??, I'll be honest, really not sure what you've been watching?, his defensive work is poor, often well out of position, his reading of the game is shocking, and he offers nothing going forward!!. If anything Bannan tries to do too much, making up for the failings of other and ending up doing others jobs as well as his own!! . Really don't see how the teams failings are down to just Bannan and it'd be a better 'team' with JP in and BB out!!!???

I've been watching Barry Bannan play as a centre back when he's meant to be our "creative" player.

I've been watching Barry Bannan been out muscled in the middle of the park. Especially when he's played with the likes ofJones and Butterfield.

Now don't get me wrong, Jones and Butterfield made my eyes bleed, but as our main man, who is often captain and takes all of the free kicks and corners. I expect his impact to be similar as Shevley was for Newcastle in this division.

His abilities doesn't warrant his control on the field. He never had that control in Carlo's first or second season.

The few times I've seen Pelepessy play without Bannan on the pitch I thought the "team" played better.

There's a reason for this..... 

His midfield partner isn't running at the opposition keeper with no hope of getting the ball, leaving a gaping hole in the middle of the park. (Our strikers should be doing this).

Or to collect the ball from our centre half to try and deliver a ball to midfield. (Our defenders should be doing this).

Bannan's gift is placing balls in the box from just outside of the box for our centre forwards to head in the back of the net.  Thats his best role.

It's not Bannan's job to do everyone' else's job. That means he doesn't trust them. Well that's not good enough and should be dropped for that reason alone, because him trying to do too much, more often than not costs the team.

If he has instructions from his manger or past mangers to basically do everything then they need(ed) sacking because it doesn't work and it hasn't for 3 and a half seasons with him being our main man. 

He needs to be fighting for an attacking role. Nothing more to it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I've been watching Barry Bannan play as a centre back 

He needs to be fighting for an attacking role. Nothing more to it.

When did wee Baz play centre back???,:wacko::wacko:

Agreed Baz needs to be in a more attacking role, but that depends on the other midfielders behind him doing a better job allowing him the freedom to go forward more!!. There's not a player in the squad who gives more effort than BB, so why should he be benched in favour of a vastly inferior JP??, that's just a bizarre suggestion

9 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

When did wee Baz play centre back???,:wacko::wacko:

Agreed Baz needs to be in a more attacking role, but that depends on the other midfielders behind him doing a better job allowing him the freedom to go forward more!!. There's not a player in the squad who gives more effort than BB, so why should he be benched in favour of a vastly inferior JP??, that's just a bizarre suggestion

I watched him play as a centre back against Rovers last week. We lost 5-nil.

Granted that wasn't his role, but that's where he played.

It's a team game.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

I watched him play as a centre back against Rovers last week. We lost 5-nil.

Granted that wasn't his role, but that's where he played.

It's a team game.

Baz!!, a centre back!!?????, really?, we talking about the same player??, a little balding scotish fella with a wand of a left foot???, if so i think we might have a slightly different view on what a CB is!!:wacko:

"Granted that wasn't his role, but that's where he played"...hmm... so,in your opinion, he was being played out of position, yet it's his fault we lost 5-0!!??:unsure:. Nothing to do with an incorrect sending off, and the other 9 left on the pitch being poo as well!!

"It's a team game" - but blackburn defeat is all BB's fault??? and if JP was playing in his stead we would have battled on, as a team,  to a glorious victory I assume??

Edited by tommycockles

8 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

Baz!!, a centre back!!?????, really?, we talking about the same player??, a little balding scotish fella with a wand of a left foot???, if so i think we might have a slightly different view on what a CB is!!:wacko:

"Granted that wasn't his role, but that's where he played"...hmm... so,in your opinion, he was being played out of position, yet it's his fault we lost 5-0!!??:unsure:. Nothing to do with an incorrect sending off, and the other 9 left on the pitch being poo as well!!

"It's a team game" - but blackburn defeat is all BB's fault??? and if JP was playing in his stead we would have battled on, as a team,  to a glorious victory I assume??

Wow, do I really have to spell it out?

Bannan's position was center mid as with 2 others. However, because he likes to collect the ball from our box he may as well be a centre back.

Hence he wasn't being played out of position, he chooses time and time again to play out of position. 

I also never said the Rovers defeat was all Bannan's fault. I said we play better as a team when he's not on the pitch. 

But you know all the above. You're just being facetious.

3 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Bannan's position was center mid as with 2 others. However, because he likes to collect the ball from our box he may as well be a centre back.

Hence he wasn't being played out of position, he chooses time and time again to play out of position. 

I also never said the Rovers defeat was all Bannan's fault. I said we play better as a team when he's not on the pitch. 

Eh???? "because he likes to collect the ball from our box he may as well be a centre back."??????, so a central midfielder who takes the ball from the far less skillful centre backs to start and build an attack is a bad thing, and proof positive said player wishes he was a CB!!???, thats a bonkers way of looking at it, hats off to you pal you've got me all kinds of confused :wacko:.

But anyway, here's hoping we cancel BB's contract immediately, and give JP a 10 year deal, building a glorious team around the remarkable midfield fulcrum he undoubtedly is, leading us to a unprecedented  trophy laden decade of success. All hail JP!!!!:dry:

1 minute ago, tommycockles said:

Eh???? "because he likes to collect the ball from our box he may as well be a centre back."??????, so a central midfielder who takes the ball from the far less skillful centre backs to start and build an attack is a bad thing, and proof positive said player wishes he was a CB!!???, thats a bonkers way of looking at it, hats off to you pal you've got me all kinds of confused :wacko:.

But anyway, here's hoping we cancel BB's contract immediately, and give JP a 10 year deal, building a glorious team around the remarkable midfield fulcrum he undoubtedly is, leading us to a unprecedented  trophy laden decade of success. All hail JP!!!!:dry:

He's out of position.

If you don't get that and what impact it has on the team then there is no helping you.

And you need help.

9 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Bannan is like a kid you might have played five a side with.  Said person is reasonably effective up front but when the going gets tough he decides he is going to play at the back, unfortunately he does not mark anyone and just attempts long balls down the field which are frequently intercepted.

Someone mentioned that playing Rhodes is like playing with ten men, well that is so true of Bannan when we are out of position.

I don't think anyone wants him therefore as per the comment he needs to be moved up field and taken from the  easy position in and around the centre backs. 

• Like 1

Just now, Manchester_Owl said:

He's out of position.

If you don't get that and what impact it has on the team then there is no helping you.

And you need help.

Says a bloke who repeatedly asserted that BB IS a centre back!!!?:wacko::wacko::ohmy::laugh:. I'll take me chances, cheers pal.

Guest LittleG
7 minutes ago, should know better said:

I don't think anyone wants him therefore as per the comment he needs to be moved up field and taken from the  easy position in and around the centre backs. 

Agree that at times BB plays too deep; the majority of Wednesday fans concur and see the problems it causes with a large gap between midfield and the forwards. If we can see this I'm sure Monk can to; so why is BB not getting instructions from the manager to play further forward. As our most creative midfielder we do need him higher up the pitch.

Just now, LittleG said:

Agree that at times BB plays too deep; the majority of Wednesday fans concur and see the problems it causes with a large gap between midfield and the forwards. If we can see this I'm sure Monk can to; so why is BB not getting instructions from the manager to play further forward. As our most creative midfielder we do need him higher up the pitch.

It looks very much as though Bannan does what he wants, and the others sing to his tune.  There's no way all of our recent managers have been telling him to sit so deep. 

Its a strange situation but there is a decision to be made,  Bannan is a more naturally gifted player than Joey, Hutch and Luongo, but good players don't always improve teams and at the moment, we definitely look better when he's not involved.