Joey P

1 hour ago, Owls77 said:

Say what you want but he plays in the right area of pitch he creates plenty, put him in front of defence then yeah!

18 assists since start of last season, of course he’s $h!t

lol

So 18 assists in 74 games, or 1 assist every 4 matches...

actually he’s played 67 games in that period, so 1 every 3.72 matches 

Edited by FreshOwl

Definitely deserves a second crack at it on Friday in a zero pressure game. If he has another solid game then it’s something worth thinking about as a permanent option.

Were not gonna win the cup. We don’t have the squad depth. So may as well use the game to try new things

This is going to seem like I've been on the beer. But this is seriously a team I would go with on Friday.

Dawson

Hutchinson  Iorfa   Borner   Fox

Pelupessy 

Lee         Bannan 

Luongo 

Harris                     Reach 

Luongo in a false 9 role.   Our strikers are terrible, so why not.

And yes let's give Pelupessy a try aswell.

Edited by pazowl55

No, this guy should never be anywhere near the starting 11, he’s such a bad player.

In years to come when Joey has long since left the club fans will look back on his time here fondly and debate who was the best midfielder, Joey Pelupessey or Craig Armstrong.

Not a big fan of Joey but if we go with a 3 man midfield we need to have 2 players who can put a tackle in alongside Bannan. Otherwise the opponents will just run through midfield

So that would have to be 2 from Hutchinson, Luongo and Pelupessy.  Probably start with Hutch and Luongo and see how Hutch goes on fitness wise.

• Like 1

I'd give him a run on Friday, after all its a bit of a pointless cup match. We're not going to win the comp, and away at QPR is hardly a money spinner, plus of course last round cost us our only goal scorer in any sort of form. Play him and save a first teamer for league matches.

10 hours ago, Ash76 said:

I like Joey, does the stuff people don't see. He's mobile, get his body in the right areas, tackles, intercepts and blocks. Granted he's not great with the ball but it takes all sorts when putting a team together

I have to say though I concur with the neigh sayers over the above suggestion. I dont think he's particularly 'mobile', or indeed he gets in the 'right areas' , the amount of times ive seen him like a rabbit in the headlights not knowing whether to drop off or press is unreal, and by the time he's made his mind up the opposition midfield have passed round him and are away!. I just don't get any sense that he can read a game, all I see is reactionary rather than anything proactive. Nothing against the bloke, but i think he's been a very poor signing who's looked way out of his depth far more often than he's impressed. I know the old saying 'God loves a trier', but, for me,Joey P is enough to test the most devout  of Owls!!

4 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

So apparently K Lee isn’t good enough but certain people think Pessy should play. :duntmatter:

As much as I love the guy, KL at the moment is a long way from what he was and what we need. If he can get his fitness and form back great but I’m not holding my breath. I’m not saying Joey is the answer but our midfield isn’t working. On the one hand Teams go straight through us and on the other we create very little. I think we should have Hutch infront of the back 4, Bazza 20 yards infront of him and a.n.other along side Bazza. 2 wingers out of Reach, Harris, Murphy and a striker. Hutch can step up to make mf 4 or back to make a defensive 5. Bazz can go and play whilst his mate covers. A fit KL would work.

12 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Have you been watching with your eyes closed? Most of the time players skip round him resulting is fouls or teams simply over running us! 

He’s simply not good enough. He’s not quick enough, he’s not technical enough and he never ever influences a game. His time/run in the side under Jos proved this and it was even more obvious when Hutchinson came back into to the side after his omission. 

I don't think joey is a top half championship dm especially if your looking for promotion. 

Though like some of the critisism Fox used to get a lot of the reasons, especially under Jos that he looked so terrible was becouse of those around him. 

It's OK matching a 3 vs 3 in midfield with joey as the anchor /Dm, but when the other two Bannan & reach would struggle to get a foot in against an under 9s girls team he's bound to look bad, as all the opposition would do is play it around him whilst bazza wanderers round barking and Reach is mincing about. Best solution for me would be maybe to play (especially away from home)  hutch & joey with bazza. 

That way it would give us a solid platform in midfield and also hopefully force bannan further forward in and around the box. Though if not it could really stop any forward momentum as none of the three have a natural aptitude for getting in the box. 

Edited by shezzas left peg

18 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Worth a run out?

Played well vs Brighton, allows the better players to move further forward and he does the dirty bit

Cant be any worse than Saturday.....can he

:image:

Why is it when players don't play and we aren't playing that well, we seem to think bringing them back into the team will make us better?

I like Pelupessy. But he just isn't good enough, we've seen that every single time he gets a run of games in the team. He just isn't cut out for that CDM role in English football. 

He offers nothing that Hutchinson can't already offer and what he can do well, Hutchinson does it better.