Joey P

Just now, Bouncing Owl said:

He played well last night. I’ve never been a fan but the last few times I’ve seen him,

he certainly doesn’t look out of place in the side.  

I didn’t really notice him, but nor did I notice their star man or think they’re flooding through our soft centre. 

Does the dirty work with little fuss and gives us a platform to play from - crazy to think we looked more threat with him and Hutch in a two vs our three most creative players in the middle. 

Need to play him without Bannan. 

He does what is required and we play better as a team.

There are ample of examples.

Last night showed he doesn't even need to be in a midfield of 3. 

And for half the match he was partnered with the young un Hunt.

Stop saying he's not good enough because Jos signed him or he doesn't have a song.

My only criticism of him is when he does play with Bannan he needs to tell Bannan where to go and stand up for himself. That goes for most  of our players TBH.

As a kid I used to love the Graham Hyde type of players. Came on and did a job. You need those players in a squad. But you need to respect them and welcome them into the club.

People need to realise this.

• Like 2

On 21/01/2020 at 22:17, McRightSide said:

No

Nowhere near the required standard.

Not even close

On 23/01/2020 at 07:19, McRightSide said:

Because JP hasn’t played much this season people have actually forgotten how poor he is

Now I understand why you were giving him pelters in the other threads 

Why do people like you try to criticise players even when they have played well just to embellish their own views ?

1 hour ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Need to play him without Bannan. 

He does what is required and we play better as a team.

There are ample of examples.

Last night showed he doesn't even need to be in a midfield of 3. 

And for half the match he was partnered with the young un Hunt.

Stop saying he's not good enough because Jos signed him or he doesn't have a song.

My only criticism of him is when he does play with Bannan he needs to tell Bannan where to go and stand up for himself. That goes for most  of our players TBH.

As a kid I used to love the Graham Hyde type of players. Came on and did a job. You need those players in a squad. But you need to respect them and welcome them into the club.

People need to realise this.

Oooh, really!????. Come on!, he did ok against a very average QPR midfield. But over his time with us he's looked at best average, at worst completely lost. I've seen more performances where he's looked completely out of his depth than not. Just never struck me as having any great tactical/game awareness, seen him bypassed by opposition midfielders time and again. He's not a player that is going to take us anywhere, out of contact at end of season, i'd fully expect him to be let go.

1 hour ago, hugeowl said:

Now I understand why you were giving him pelters in the other threads 

Why do people like you try to criticise players even when they have played well just to embellish their own views ?

Pelupessy is probably the one player that I would love to see be successful with us.

He cares so much.

But it doesn’t make up for his lack of talent.

Last night was a perfect example of running around and having zero impact on the game, even less than Hunt

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, tommycockles said:

Oooh, really!????. Come on!, he did ok against a very average QPR midfield. But over his time with us he's looked at best average, at worst completely lost. I've seen more performances where he's looked completely out of his depth than not. Just never struck me as having any great tactical/game awareness, seen him bypassed by opposition midfielders time and again. He's not a player that is going to take us anywhere, out of contact at end of season, i'd fully expect him to be let go.

I guess it went in one ear and out of the other.

He plays better without Bannan. 

We've had 2 seasons to create a team around Bannan. It hasn't worked.

Guest Grez Bez
1 minute ago, Manchester_Owl said:

Great idea, take off your best player because your best player plays better without him 

:ghoulguy:

2 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

"I guess it went in one ear and out of the other"???, not in the slightest. Bannan a far better player than JP will ever be!!. Maybe its the players around Bannan that have been the problem??

"He plays better without Bannan". I suspect he'll be able to do this next season, seeing as he's out of contact in the summer, so that'll be something for you to look forward to!!!:biggrin:

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, tommycockles said:

"I guess it went in one ear and out of the other"???, not in the slightest. Bannan a far better player than JP will ever be!!. Maybe its the players around Bannan that have been the problem??

"He plays better without Bannan". I suspect he'll be able to do this next season, seeing as he's out of contact in the summer, so that'll be something for you to look forward to!!!:biggrin:

FWIW so does most of the team.

That's Bannan's problem. Or the manager(s) for not solving this issue.

Bannan has been the main man, since Carlo's 3rd (half) season.

Carlos had him wide left for the first 2 seasons with Lee and Hutch/Lopez in the middle.

I'm not saying Pelepessy is a better overall player. He isn't. But he is a better team player. With a manager like Monk who likes to keep it tight, Pelepessy is more effective. 

I would be dropping Bannan to the bench until the balance is settled and then make him fight for an attacking role.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Pelupessy is probably the one player that I would love to see be successful with us.

He cares so much.

Last night was a perfect example of running around and having zero impact on the game, even less than Hunt

Completely disagree.

When Hutchinson went off, he only had Hunt to help him defensively in the middle.

He was basically doing the defensive duties by himself, taking over the role that Hutchinson did in the 1st.

He needed an extra helping hand in the middle because he was pulled left and right all the time covering 2 men job, leaving us at times exposed. I was surprised to see Reach come on out wide but least it worked.

It's no coincidence that when Hutchinson went off, QPR started getting more joy through the middle. Had Luongo been the sub and not Hunt, they wouldn't have had as much joy through that area.

14 minutes ago, Manchester_Owl said:

FWIW so does most of the team.

That's Bannan's problem. Or the manager(s) for not solving this issue.

Bannan has been the main man, since Carlo's 3rd (half) season.

Carlos had him wide left for the first 2 seasons with Lee and Hutch/Lopez in the middle.

I'm not saying Pelepessy is a better overall player. He isn't. But he is a better team player. With a manager like Monk who likes to keep it tight, Pelepessy is more effective. 

I would be dropping Bannan to the bench until the balance is settled and then make him fight for an attacking role.

Bannan's been the main man because he's been the better player!!. 

"I'm not saying Pelepessy is a better overall player. He isn't. But he is a better team player"!??, I'll be honest, really not sure what you've been watching?, his defensive work is poor, often well out of position, his reading of the game is shocking, and he offers nothing going forward!!. If anything Bannan tries to do too much, making up for the failings of other and ending up doing others jobs as well as his own!! . Really don't see how the teams failings are down to just Bannan and it'd be a better 'team' with JP in and BB out!!!???

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Completely disagree.

When Hutchinson went off, he only had Hunt to help him defensively in the middle.

He was basically doing the defensive duties by himself, taking over the role that Hutchinson did in the 1st.

He needed an extra helping hand in the middle because he was pulled left and right all the time covering 2 men job, leaving us at times exposed. I was surprised to see Reach come on out wide but least it worked.

It's no coincidence that when Hutchinson went off, QPR started getting more joy through the middle. Had Luongo been the sub and not Hunt, they wouldn't have had as much joy through that area.

That’s because Hutch was doing the work of two, and JP didn’t step up when Hutch went off

• Haha 1

Guest Grez Bez
36 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Completely disagree.

That's his only job.

You have one guy defensive to do the dirty work and one to get in the ball.

He's nowhere bear good enough to be playing CB in the championship. He might make it at RB

5 minutes ago, LSOwls said:

That's his only job.

You have one guy defensive to do the dirty work and one to get in the ball.

He's nowhere bear good enough to be playing CB in the championship. He might make it at RB

All central midfielders have both attacking and defensive responsibilities.

Unfortunately Hunt neglected his at times, but he is young so he will learn. Unless it is true he is being tutored by Bannan.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867
  • Haha 1

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

No chance.

He has zero help once again, similar to last year when he played with Bannan. 

So first you say he had no help when Hutchinson went off - so you acknowledge he had help and was poor

And then you say he had no help once again.

Bending more spoons than URI Geller

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

He cares so much.

Zero impact ?

Monk spoke about winning your personal battles 

We did that all over the park and that included Joey especially when Hutch went off 

give the lad a bit of credit FFS 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Zero impact ?

Monk spoke about winning your personal battles 

We did that all over the park and that included Joey especially when Hutch went off 

give the lad a bit of credit FFS 

No didn’t get into any battles never mind win them. The one time he made a good intervention (a tackle) was to atone for his earlier mistake - I bet most people didn’t actually notice the mistake though, because it wasn’t on the ball.

Theres not enough cuteness in his game. They just jog and pass round him whilst the seals on here clap and wave their arms about his hard work.

Also - not one single pass forwards in 45 minutes. Not one. At one point he even had time and space and turned round and rifled it back to Lees who was 25 yards behind him.

Lovely fella, wish he was good enough, but he isn’t. Last night was another example.

Hutch held us together, hence their change in performance when JP was required to step up...and failed.

Edited by McRightSide