Gary Monk - Uninspiring

On 30/12/2019 at 11:15, Mr Hooper said:

I didn't want the bloke when we appointed him, always found him dull and just a boring bog standard average manager.

I try not to be bias when judging the job he's doing at us, but bloody hell he's sucking the life out of the place.

His tactics are borderline Jos territory. 

How can you possibly, come up against the most physical team in the Championship, who have the best header of the ball in the league (Flint) and decide it'd be a good idea to play Sam Winnall up top by himself and have a game plan of 'lump it to his head'. How would that ever work?

Then to make things worse, you're making a substitution, you need an injection of pace and you're trying to change the game, you decide to take off IORFA! The only player showing any drive, pace and desire to win. It's baffling. 

And here's some harsh truth to the Fox fan boys, but he isn't good enough for a team 'chasing promotion'. Harris plays better with Palmer behind him, he'd probably play even better with Reach behind him.

His handling of Jordan Rhodes is shocking, the guy scored a hatrick a few games ago, leave him in the bloody team for 10 games, let him have a proper run. Don't leave him out again because he's not scored in 2/3 games and replace him with Reach (was he supposed to be upfront/behind the striker?), Jesus Christ. Confidence shattering. 

It's too early to pull the trigger, but we shouldn't have employed this guy in the first place. This will be his last Championship job. 

He's doing the worst you could possibly do with the players available. This years Championship is poor, and we could be doing alot better if we picked the right team with the right tactics.

Your post seemed to go quite well I seeWTF:

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

I wouldn't argue with that.

Monk is very competent. The other 2 have CV's marginally better than my window cleaner.  Cheers Doyen.

do you want the name of a better one? he's not cheap though.

our last one was worse than coco, looked like he'd cleaned them with a grass sod.

19 hours ago, Growl67 said:

I can’t see how we can be too down on a manager who’s had no chance to bring in any players or even do a preseason with the squad he inherited, and yet has us well in contention for at least a playoff spot. The last 2 results have been disappointing but signs are we’ll be thereabouts especially if we can bring 2 or 3 in.

they had a sharp knife in waiting, they took the first chance to stick it in.

1 minute ago, dorian gray said:

do you want the name of a better one? he's not cheap though.

our last one was worse than coco, looked like he'd cleaned them with a grass sod.

Does he wash and dry properly or just squirt water at it ?

More fraud window cleaners these days. Actually, Carlos would make a good window cleaner.

'Cleanings your windows has been my dreams since a boy..'

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Mr Farrell said:

Does he wash and dry properly or just squirt water at it ?

More fraud window cleaners these days. Actually, Carlos would make a good window cleaner.

'Cleanings your windows has been my dreams since a boy..'

with carlos it would be 'BOTTLED' water no doubt.

• Haha 2

On 30/12/2019 at 09:15, Mr Hooper said:

I didn't want the bloke when we appointed him, always found him dull and just a boring bog standard average manager.

I try not to be bias when judging the job he's doing at us, but bloody hell he's sucking the life out of the place.

How can you possibly, come up against the most physical team in the Championship, who have the best header of the ball in the league (Flint) and decide it'd be a good idea to play Sam Winnall up top by himself and have a game plan of 'lump it to his head'. How would that ever work?

Then to make things worse, you're making a substitution, you need an injection of pace and you're trying to change the game, you decide to take off IORFA! The only player showing any drive, pace and desire to win. It's baffling. 

And here's some harsh truth to the Fox fan boys, but he isn't good enough for a team 'chasing promotion'. Harris plays better with Palmer behind him, he'd probably play even better with Reach behind him.

His handling of Jordan Rhodes is shocking, the guy scored a hatrick a few games ago, leave him in the bloody team for 10 games, let him have a proper run. Don't leave him out again because he's not scored in 2/3 games and replace him with Reach (was he supposed to be upfront/behind the striker?), Jesus Christ. Confidence shattering. 

It's too early to pull the trigger, but we shouldn't have employed this guy in the first place. This will be his last Championship job. 

He's doing the worst you could possibly do with the players available. This years Championship is poor, and we could be doing alot better if we picked the right team with the right tactics.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^This 100%^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I was going to post a similar topic but you've saved me the bother, word for word I totally agree and don't get me started on the Borner situation, complete farce.

On 30/12/2019 at 09:15, Mr Hooper said:

I didn't want him either indeed i thought he was the worst candidate discussed on here... However you can only judge the bloke on what he has achieved and at the moment we sit in the playoff positions.  Yes he has made mistakes but I don't think anybody is infallible.  I personally can't in all fairness, judge him based on the short time he has had.  The one thing i will say is that it does seem that Mr Monks footballing philosophy is a 'positive' one in terms of attacking (with just one or two obviousely over-cautious substitution decisions) and for me this gives him time to assert himself on the team before I start being negative. 

3 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No no you're not taking your tablets again.  We came to agree that you don't know anything about football.  You are getting confused again.

Just agree with him fellow posters and slap him gently on his head.

Happy New Year Mate have good un.

I was worried when you didn't reply instantly, nearly called the home for them to check on you.

just to update you, it was YOU who pointed out that YOU knew nothing of football, and you did it constantly.

all the best to everyone on here for the new year, stay safe and a have an utter fantastic (best footballing with all your wishes coming true) new year.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

I was worried when you didn't reply instantly, nearly called the home for them to check on you.

just to update you, it was YOU who pointed out that YOU knew nothing of football, and you did it constantly.

all the best to everyone on here for the new year, stay safe and a have an utter fantastic (best footballing with all your wishes coming true) new year.

We are well looked after so stop worrying