Gary Monk - Uninspiring

1 minute ago, cbirks said:

To be fair to him, I thought the same in the first half - very mobile - but thought he turned out for the second half out of ideas/energy and very stationary. 

He looked shattered in the second half. He’s not really had many minutes since coming back from a bad injury to be fair to him. 

Guest Kameron
3 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

Harris, Borner, Iorfa.

Not totally cr*p!

Also, the track record of teams promoted to the prem who have had "clearouts" is not good.  Fulham (last year), Villa this. When the team that stuck with the backbone of their squad & strengthened strategically (whose name I cannot bring myself to name) seem to be doing rather well!

'Too much too soon' seems to be a recipe for disaster.  

The problems is because we haven’t recruited properly in previous seasons our ageing squad is catching up with us.  There is no real case for keeping any of the players who’s contracts are up.

The time to judge Monk will be after he's had at least 3 transfer windows to shape the squad how he wants it going forward.

The squad we have at present is so unbalanced and has a few glaring weak links in it. Personally I think about 10th is this squads level so all things considered I think Monk is doing a very good job.

He's not had a transfer window yet either so let's give him a chance and see how he shapes the side of the coming months / years.

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

The time to judge Monk will be after he's had at least 3 transfer windows to shape the squad how he wants it going forward.

The squad we have at present is so unbalanced and has a few glaring weak links in it. Personally I think about 10th is this squads level so all things considered I think Monk is doing a very good job.

He's not had a transfer window yet either so let's give him a chance and see how he shapes the side of the coming months / years.

Bruce said it would take three transfer windows. Patience is required. Monk is exceeding expectations for sure. 

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Very true. 

Amazing how these sort of threads only appear after a couple of dodgy results. 

Surely, if you were so against Monk, you'd be voicing your displeasure on a consistent basis? 

What you mean like this? 

2.png

3.png

222.png

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

He last posted this displeasure 1 month ago after we wobbled a bit at West Brom and Birmingham. Must have been too busy enjoying the run up to third place.

You mean I haven't logged on since...

It's a strange argument you're trying to make. I'm all for difference in opinions and having a debate, but i can assure you I've never rated Monk. I don't post on here often, which is amazing because there are such lovely people like yourself on here :) 

Good grief! Just remembered who Mr Hooper is and what your/his theme is! Blimey mate no wonder you haven't posted lately. Everything has been going so well considering the number of other managers' make do players, that Monk has had to shuffle in with the old men, half decent players, good players and has beens. Even our two best players have their critics and dare I say haters, so Monk is doing a far better job than most people expected him to do. Unfortunately, Fessi, Lee and Hutchinson are included in the has beens list lately because they are nowhere near their past best and out more they are in for that very reason.

Manage your expectations Mr Hooper and enjoy the good bits, because so far they outweigh the bad bits and apart from possibly Gary Rowett the other options for manager were dire! We've got a very capable young manager who hopefully can get back to getting the best out of a mediocre squad.  

2 hours ago, Kameron said:

Very amateurish on Monks part giving them Christmas Day off when playing Boxing Day.  I can’t believe a professional football club would do such a thing.

You do know our players have had boxing day off every year since 2015, don't you?

Go and wee wee your pants elsewhere 

13 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

Good grief! Just remembered who Mr Hooper is and what your/his theme is! Blimey mate no wonder you haven't posted lately. Everything has been going so well considering the number of other managers' make do players, that Monk has had to shuffle in with the old men, half decent players, good players and has beens. Even our two best players have their critics and dare I say haters, so Monk is doing a far better job than most people expected him to do. Unfortunately, Fessi, Lee and Hutchinson are included in the has beens list lately because they are nowhere near their past best and out more they are in for that very reason.

Manage your expectations Mr Hooper and enjoy the good bits, because so far they outweigh the bad bits and apart from possibly Gary Rowett the other options for manager were dire! We've got a very capable young manager who hopefully can get back to getting the best out of a mediocre squad.  

My Theme? I've said i'm not a Monk fan. That's not a theme, it's an opinion on a football manager.

Unlike most of out fan base, i don't boo and grown everytime we make a backwards pass, I get behind the team. I just don't like Gary Monk as a football manager.

43 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

You mean I haven't logged on since...

It's a strange argument you're trying to make. I'm all for difference in opinions and having a debate, but i can assure you I've never rated Monk. I don't post on here often, which is amazing because there are such lovely people like yourself on here :) 

I’m not trying to make any argument, just chatting shït on a forum the same as everyone else (you included).

I know you’ve never rated Monk. You said. I’m sure everyone will eagerly look forward to you saying again the next time we don’t win a few.

Rhodes though

:duntmatter:

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

I’m not trying to make any argument, just chatting shït on a forum the same as everyone else (you included).

I know you’ve never rated Monk. You said. I’m sure everyone will eagerly look forward to you saying again the next time we don’t win a few.

Rhodes though

:duntmatter:

I tell you what, just for you...I'll even post that I don't rate him when we win. (If we win again under him) 

15 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

My Theme? I've said i'm not a Monk fan. That's not a theme, it's an opinion on a football manager.

Unlike most of out fan base, i don't boo and grown everytime we make a backwards pass, I get behind the team. I just don't like Gary Monk as a football manager.

Sorry, I meant your illiteracy. 

lol

Monk has been a let down boring depressing football. No Fletcher and we are clueless. Comes on the radio spouting crap last night. We were awful they were crap and we made them look not bad. Utter crap falling back down the league dross expensive dross. Get rid we have Jos mk2 same as him dross trying to do everything through bannan  works for a bit then all goes bad. Crap but scoring goals to just utter depressing and expensive crap. No season ticket next year now. We will keep him till this time next year and why waste money on such horrible clueless dross can't pass finish or even defend now. We are in a false position for the way we playing. Bruce got a lot more out of them and was good to watch. This depressing disspationate crap I wouldn't be paid to watch. Get a grip and stop accepting expensive ticket process for so call football you can't wait to end. If you say don't get rid then your the reason no doubt we kept Jos for so long and Carlos so more wasted time and money.... sick of this crap. All we want is decent football to watch and to work our way to promotion. I said this old crap wouldn't work. 2020 day after tomorrow ffs  not 1980's