Gary Monk - Uninspiring

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Considering we have a win percentage of 42% under Monk, I'd say it's a fair bet that we'll win again under him.

:duntmatter:

Okay, that was just looking for a bite. I didn't think anyone would actually take it. Sorry. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Thank you for confirming what we all thought. You made this topic looking for bites.

We can close this one now, mods.

Is that just a failed attempt at humour? That was referring to something I said in brackets.

I know you live in a generation where if you don't agree with something you complain and get it cancelled. But i'm just expressing an opinion on our 'manager'. 

And guess what! - If you disagree, that's okay. 

8 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Is that just a failed attempt at humour? That was referring to something I said in brackets.

I know you live in a generation where if you don't agree with something you complain and get it cancelled. But i'm just expressing an opinion on our 'manager'. 

And guess what! - If you disagree, that's okay. 

Chomp chomp lol don't bite to hard next time, you'll get fat lol

Guest Kameron
53 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

You do know our players have had boxing day off every year since 2015, don't you?

Go and wee wee your pants elsewhere 

That explains the Stoke performance, who were the donkeys that turned out then?

Edited by Kameron

Just now, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Read the thread, don't think it's just my opinion is it

I couldn't care less. It's my opinion, why does it matter that other people disagree? 

They won't be disagreeing come the end of the season anyway. 

9 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

I couldn't care less. It's my opinion, why does it matter that other people disagree? 

They won't be disagreeing come the end of the season anyway. 

Well, it doesn't really if that's what you think. But when everyone disagrees with you, usually makes you stop and think maybe I'm wrong. 

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we finish in top 10, we arent good enough to go up really but would be nice if we can take advantage of a weak league. Everyone from WBA and Leeds downwards are much of a muchness. That includes it.

Problem is though, you've already written off this season already it seems, it doesnt matter how Monk performs you want him out already. Strange.

1 minute ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Well, it doesn't really if that's what you think. But when everyone disagrees with you, usually makes you stop and think maybe I'm wrong. 

I wouldn't be too disappointed if we finish in top 10, we arent good enough to go up really but would be nice if we can take advantage of a weak league. Everyone from WBA and Leeds downwards are much of a muchness. That includes it.

Problem is though, you've already written off this season already it seems, it doesnt matter how Monk performs you want him out already. Strange.

I don't class 30 people on Owlstalk as everyone. 

I don't rate Monk as a manager, never have. Don't like his tactics, don't like the way he presents himself in interviews. 

I tried to back him at SWFC, i kept quiet, but everything I didn't initially like about him is now showing. Negative tactics, rubbish subs, doesn't take responsibility in interviews. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

I don't rate Monk as a manager, never have. Don't like his tactics, don't like the way he presents himself in interviews. 

I tried to back him at SWFC, i kept quiet, but everything I didn't initially like about him is now showing. Negative tactics, rubbish subs, doesn't take responsibility in interviews. 

Owlstalk is mainly more negative than the rest of the fanbase, so I reckon majority off this site disagree with your opinion too. That is guesswork though.

I think his tactics are ok. We have won games and comfortably too. The ones we've lost we need a more prolific partner for Fletcher, which hopefully will come. I agreed with the 5 in midfield yesterday, especially with how Cardiff set up, but we should have started with Nuhiu if we are playing to the head whilst Fletcher is out.

His subs are understandable when we are winning games. Every manager goes more defensive. 

Who cares how he interviews, it's what he says to the players after that counts not what he says to the press.

4 hours ago, davey_wells said:

Borner, Luongo, Fletcher

For me, this is the spine of the team - without one of them we struggle, without all of them we're really weak.

It's not just them, but how it affects the others around them.

Luongo allows Bannan to play well. He's a great signing.

Borner gets the best out of the other central defender. He's the talker, the winner.

Fletcher allows others to flourish - and of course scores goals.

Not read all the replies in this thread but agree with you.  I think we looked better when Borner and Iorfa were in defence and Luongo and Bannan in midfield. 
Hopefully we will have the better players starting on Wednesday 

16 minutes ago, Mr Hooper said:

Got to be honest I like Monk, and I think he'll be a decent appointment for us in the long haul. Although I have to admit yesterday, I couldn't for the life of me understand why we resorted to hoofing it upto Winnall as the lone striker, he was never going to win the aerial battles against one of the biggest centre backs in the league. We played right into Cardiff's hands yesterday, what makes it worse was I thought they were an awful team.