Bannan v Derby

6 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Most teams we play pay special attention to BB , every manager knows how influential he is , shame some of our fans don’t realise his worth 

I've not seen any comments on this thread suggesting he's overrated.

I was merely pointing out the last few games he's given the ball away cheaply more times than I can remember him ever doing before. That's why I commented. It's so unlike him. 

He's absolute class, but we also heavily rely on him and I reckon that weighs on him when things aren't quite going to plan on the pitch. I can't fault his effort but he goes a little headless chicken then tries to do everything. That's when we lose our shape a bit. It's a team game. Sometimes you have to trust your fellow professionals to do their job.

10 hours ago, Brando17 said:

got to play him...without him we will struggle

If we stay 4-4-2 id go with a. More solid defencive platform of hutch & loungo. 

Plus it gives us loungo's runs in and around the box getting on the end of things and hope for some creativity from the wings. 

Though I'm more inclined to think well revert back to the 4-3-3 /4-5-1 due to being derby away. In which case bazza can hopefully ping a few long counter attacking balls out to the wings. 

11 hours ago, peacock1961 said:

Not checked it but someone told me before Saturday's game that FF goes back home. Even when he was at the top of his game for us. 

the club has changed since carlos days gone is the joke where forestieri is too big a player and decides he don't warm up at half time when the other 6 do ,now he has to. id like club to take a stance he needs to come in every day for treatment if he is injured including days where we play games away ,he will want to go to argentina and Italy over xmas that shouldn't be allowed ,I used to be a huge fan of him but playing 20% of time in 2 years and lasting a few mins this season in yet another total flop of a season regards him . regards him going in January who would pay his upwards of 35k a week? for doing nothing or will he suddenly jump up from ground like those cheats in premier league and suddenly be playing every game for his loan club knowing that he will be looking to get a new 2 year deal somewhere? 

4 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

No way will he rest/drop Bannan. I would but it wont happen. On tele aswell he would need to break his leg for him not to play.

Id go Lee and Luongo in a 442.

Your obsession with Bannan is unhealthy mate .   

20 hours ago, N0rtherner said:

Any news on Fessi?

We're quite reliant on Bannan... if he's in risk of injury, I'd save him for Saturday, rather stick on Luongo, Lee, Fessi (if fit), Reach, Hutch... we've got plenty of cover; not with Bannan's keen eye and ability to pick out players with excellent balls slicing through opposition, but looking at just the names of those 5, they're all great players too.

Nuhiu on the bench, would rather play Fletcher/Rhodes combo up front again and see how that could work from start, better than Nuhiu from start anyway.

Risk 3 at the back with Iorfa, Lees and Börner with Fox and Harris out the wings of 5 in the middle? Crazy strat away to Derby, I know, but fizz it, it's only a football stadium and 11 players on the other side too.. no need to go out too defensive ;)

FF worse injury than feared according to the Star, not sure on timeframe though.