Bannan v Derby

Bannan was so off his game on Saturday that I wondered if he was suffering a bit of flu or something. Seconds later he did a gut busting 50 yard dash to close down a defender, so that theory went out the window. Just an off day for him. He's allowed one or two after all the decent performances he's had. Unless injured, he starts Wednesday and Saturday.

1 hour ago, Tamworthowl said:

Bannan was so off his game on Saturday that I wondered if he was suffering a bit of flu or something. Seconds later he did a gut busting 50 yard dash to close down a defender, so that theory went out the window. Just an off day for him. He's allowed one or two after all the decent performances he's had. Unless injured, he starts Wednesday and Saturday.

They marked him out of the game 2 or 3 men on him all the time 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Owl 44 said:

Looked as if he had cramp. Along with a few others. I've never seen so many players collapse to the floor at the end of a match as what did on Saturday. They looked absolutely knacked. 

We played with two out and out wingers and only a two man central midfield, those two midfielders had a high workload in that system filling gaps the wingers were often leaving, so not surprised they were feeling the pace.
Second half was played at highest tempo by an Owls team I can remember for a couple of years. Hutchinson who had a great game was the first to cramp up (amazingly  for him it was in Brentford’s penalty area) and got subbed.
Brentford came really strong late on trying to salvage a point but far more of their players were on the deck gasping for breath at the final whistle

• Like 1

Any news on Fessi?

We're quite reliant on Bannan... if he's in risk of injury, I'd save him for Saturday, rather stick on Luongo, Lee, Fessi (if fit), Reach, Hutch... we've got plenty of cover; not with Bannan's keen eye and ability to pick out players with excellent balls slicing through opposition, but looking at just the names of those 5, they're all great players too.

Nuhiu on the bench, would rather play Fletcher/Rhodes combo up front again and see how that could work from start, better than Nuhiu from start anyway.

Risk 3 at the back with Iorfa, Lees and Börner with Fox and Harris out the wings of 5 in the middle? Crazy strat away to Derby, I know, but fizz it, it's only a football stadium and 11 players on the other side too.. no need to go out too defensive ;)

Edited by N0rtherner

2 hours ago, Owl 44 said:

Looked as if he had cramp. Along with a few others. I've never seen so many players collapse to the floor at the end of a match as what did on Saturday. They looked absolutely knacked. 

Is it just me but I'd expect them to be knackered at the end of any game, if they're not I'd be asking a lot more questions! Only Dawson should be 'fit'.