Who though?

1 minute ago, archieswfc said:

McCarthy is out of the question he's in a job he's not gonna give up for us. 

Neil? Possible I suppose but it's not a given he'd leave Preston for us.

The problem is there's nothing about that stands out. Bruce was an obvious appointment. Nothing obvious is standing out as it stands. A bad gamble would put us in a worse position than we are now.  

I see what your saying. But any manager is a gamble. Hence why I think we should gamble on someone whose at least got a promotion on the CV. 

After today I wouldn't mind if Dc rang meggo up and said, you want the job till the end of the season and we'll re-assess things then. 

Bit like Chelsea did with grant. 

He'd be a solid if uninspiring caretaker I know, but would bring bags of enthusiasm, contacts and knowledge. 

He'd also at least have us organised. 

1 minute ago, 1993swfc said:

I see what your saying. But any manager is a gamble. Hence why I think we should gamble on someone whose at least got a promotion on the CV. 

On the flip side, we appoint someone who doesn't do a great job. 6 weeks down the line someone better is available and DC is in the firing line for rushing in. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Who is available with the promotion in their CV?

Guest LittleG
2 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

You tell me. Nobody stands out. If we bide our time somebody may. The right man might already be available but nothing seems to be standing out. Much of a muchness really looking at the candidates. 

You asked the question about waiting for the right man, so who is this mysterious chap? We need to get someone in during this international break cos Bullen is not the answer. 

1 minute ago, LittleG said:

You asked the question about waiting for the right man, so who is this mysterious chap? We need to get someone in during this international break cos Bullen is not the answer. 

Exactly. I asked the question. If I knew the answer I wouldn't ask. The point being don't appoint someone for the sake of it. Make it the right appointment. If it means waiting, so be it.

Edited by archieswfc

24 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I think most would agree we need a manager. The problem is, nothings changed since cabbage head left in terms of who's available. Should we jump in and appoint somebody we're not sure about or is it worth sticking with Bully until the right man comes along. There's a lot of hissy fitting in here tonight but if we lose our heads we could make a disastrous appointment.

No hissy fitting my friend.Those of us that were unfortunate to go to the game today endured an abject performance from both players and "management"alike.

Yes QPR were dirty, cheating scrubbers, yes the referee was diabolical but the team with more desire and with a manager with more nouse won the day.

We lacked leadership both on and off the pitch and any opposition manager watching that display will know exactly how to beat us in future.

As much as I love Bully he is not the man to lead us and our Chairman must act now before we lose ground on the top six teams.My opinion only, but I believe with the right man in charge we have a squad more than capable of having a real go this season.

Guest LittleG
Just now, archieswfc said:

Exactly. I asked the question. 

I'm asking you a question now - do you think we should stick with Bullen or appoint a new manager? And don't come back with the answer "when we find the right man".

1 minute ago, archieswfc said:

On the flip side, we appoint someone who doesn't do a great job. 6 weeks down the line someone better is available and DC is in the firing line for rushing in. Damned if you do, damned if you don't. 

Who is available with the promotion in their CV?

But that’s the case when you appoint anyone? No one guarantees you success. 

Well I just named you 2 choices and unless we approached Ireland or Preston we will never know if they want to come. 

Rowett, Monk, Neil, Cook...all decent Championship managers. I think Monk has been tainted by the allegations over his close involvement with his agent, the others are employed, but Rowett would win me £120 :biggrin:

All pretty meh though compared to the Cowleys, the more I read about them, the more I think they would be the most exciting appointment in terms of recent achievements and building a promotion winning team. 

Appointed at Lincoln in 2015 in the non league, 2 promotions as champions since and now looking like serious contenders in league 1. I accept the lack of Championship experience, but these lads know how to achieve promotions and win titles, no messing about with the plays offs.

2 minutes ago, ScrappyOwl said:

No hissy fitting my friend.Those of us that were unfortunate to go to the game today endured an abject performance from both players and "management"alike.

Yes QPR were dirty, cheating scrubbers, yes the referee was diabolical but the team with more desire and with a manager with more nouse won the day.

We lacked leadership both on and off the pitch and any opposition manager watching that display will know exactly how to beat us in future.

As much as I love Bully he is not the man to lead us and our Chairman must act now before we lose ground on the top six teams.My opinion only, but I believe with the right man in charge we have a squad more than capable of having a real go this season.

I've been myself mate. It wasn't good. No doubt. My point is do we appoint one of the available managers with not much of a CV? Or do we wait. I'm not saying either way is right, but when bully was doing ok, the list was full of has been failures. The list hasn't changed. A bad appointment could be disastrous.

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

I'm asking you a question now - do you think we should stick with Bullen or appoint a new manager? And don't come back with the answer "when we find the right man".

But that is the answer. I don't think Bully is the answer long term but waiting for the right man is the right thing to do. Why appoint the wrong man? It's insane? Bully has no long-term contract. A new manager will. 

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

But that’s the case when you appoint anyone? No one guarantees you success. 

Well I just named you 2 choices and unless we approached Ireland or Preston we will never know if they want to come. 

True. We may have already. Who knows. When we appointed Bruce, it was an obvious choice. There isn't a Bruce out there, which is why I sympathize with DC. Nobody stands out. Only Hughton and he doesn't want it. It's a tricky situation and one that needs a lot of thought. It needs to be the right appointment. I'm not saying the two you mentioned are wrong choices, or right ones for that matter. It just needs to be right.

Guest LittleG
3 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

But that is the answer. I don't think Bully is the answer long term but waiting for the right man is the right thing to do. Why appoint the wrong man? It's insane? Bully has no long-term contract. A new manager will. 

But nobody knows who the right man is because every managerial appointment is somewhat of a gamble with no guarantee of success. 

5 minutes ago, 4evaowl said:

Nigel Pearson for me.

An excellent managerial record and real credibility with players in the dressing room, like Bruce had when he first came in.

I dont particularly like Pearson, think hes conceited and a bit weird. Great player, but I do not think he has any particular affinity for the club, when I've heard him speak about us, not much love, we were just an employer for him. 

Notwithstanding this, what's he done since 2014 to warrant consideration? 

Watched a bit of a stream today. We were 2-1 down with not long to go in the match. Bullen was walking around his technical area hands in his pockets puffing his cheeks out. Sadly he's not a manager YET. If he wants to be one he needs to find a lower league club to.learn the job in a less pressured atmosphere or he needs to tell mr Chansiri thanks for the opportunity but can I be a coach again. What I can't understand is he said before the first game we were going to play a pressing game and it worked. Problem is it only seemed to last for one game. Why did he change?