Who though?

16 hours ago, archieswfc said:

I think most would agree we need a manager. The problem is, nothings changed since cabbage head left in terms of who's available. Should we jump in and appoint somebody we're not sure about or is it worth sticking with Bully until the right man comes along. There's a lot of hissy fitting in here tonight but if we lose our heads we could make a disastrous appointment.

how will 'the right man come along'?

generally when someone decent gets the sack, they want time out of the game to 'recharge their batteries' before taking another job, others are hindered by sides still paying their salaries who will cut that should they take up another position.

13 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

how will 'the right man come along'?

generally when someone decent gets the sack, they want time out of the game to 'recharge their batteries' before taking another job, others are hindered by sides still paying their salaries who will cut that should they take up another position.

In the same way that Bruce did. Sometimes a no brainer comes along. With recent performances maybe DC will take a bigger gamble but I can see why he was biding his time given the first 4 games of the season. The problem is that most available managers are failures or has beens. Only Rowett where the jury is out. Personally I'd rather gamble on Cowley than gamble in Plus etc.

1 hour ago, Yellowbelly said:

Unfortunately, even if we all turned up wearing Gary Rowett masks, chanting very clearly at Chansiri “we want Gary Rowett as the next manager of Sheffield Wednesday FC” whilst carrying the actual Gary Rowett aloft on a golden throne DC still wouldn’t get the message

Thank foook dc is the chairman then....and i ain't wearing no rowett mask.

lol

34 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

In the same way that Bruce did. Sometimes a no brainer comes along. With recent performances maybe DC will take a bigger gamble but I can see why he was biding his time given the first 4 games of the season. The problem is that most available managers are failures or has beens. Only Rowett where the jury is out. Personally I'd rather gamble on Cowley than gamble in Plus etc.

I think appointments like bruce come along one a blue moon.

I personally think the by far the 'majority' on 'the list' are 'never have beens'.

as for the actual appointment, when dc makes it, it could be an unpopular one?

some weeks ago stendle at jokewell was second favourite to hughton, now he's not mentioned, we all know why.

after that 'bully should be given it', enough said on that front.

asking cowley to jump that far is massive, but maybe he's up to it, BUT is dc likely to put it into the hands of someone he'll see as untried at our level (something he's done twice already and failed with) and when he did the opposite found bruce.

so for me it will be tried and tested, into that mix there's rowett, pulis, and monk (i'm not sure anyone else is in there) but time will tell.

I feel we potentially could have attracted a better manager had we appointed them to replace Bruce immediately before the season started and when the window was open.  Now managers could look at yesterday’s game and wonder if they want to work with that squad for 4- 5 months. 

Hopefully thats b*llox tho 

14 hours ago, prowl said:

He couldn't get out of the league below never mind this one. If he hadn't beaten United before he got sacked 80% of the fans would have been happy to be rid of him. A lot of the football in the promotion season would make your eyeballs bleed.

I'm not actually suggesting him as a full time appointment, just as a caretaker until Dc pulls his finger out and rembers he our chairman and gets someone in. 

He's sat around twiddling his thumbs, loves the club, so would probably jump at the chance even on a temporary basis until whomever were waiting for comes in.