Who though?

I think most would agree we need a manager. The problem is, nothings changed since cabbage head left in terms of who's available. Should we jump in and appoint somebody we're not sure about or is it worth sticking with Bully until the right man comes along. There's a lot of hissy fitting in here tonight but if we lose our heads we could make a disastrous appointment.

Edited by archieswfc

Just now, adelphi1867 said:

Ah!, that is the £60,000 question, there is no one who can guarantee success.

Unfortunately selecting a manager is not an exact science.

Which is my point really. Nobody stands out. Is it worth gambling or is Bully doing a good enough job for us to take our time and wait for the right man? 

1 minute ago, archieswfc said:

Who then?

Realistic names...

Mick McCarthy, someone suggested this in another thread and mentioned he’s only at Rep of Ire till the end of the summer. 2 promotions on his CV and proven as they come at this level. 

Alex Neil - Promotion to the PL with Norwich. Constantly has a Preston team overachieving for what looks on paper a bang average team. I also like the idea of taking a rivals managed, proving we are a big fish in this division. 

Like I said I’d just be happy with someone with a promotion to the PL on their CV right now. No manager we get will be perfect on paper but I think now is the perfect time to make a choice. 

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

Which is my point really. Nobody stands out. Is it worth gambling or is Bully doing a good enough job for us to take our time and wait for the right man? 

People keep saying wait for the right man, so I'll ask you a question "Who is the right man?"

One thing for certain is that Bullen isn't.

6 minutes ago, 1993swfc said:

Realistic names...

Mick McCarthy, someone suggested this in another thread and mentioned he’s only at Rep of Ire till the end of the summer. 2 promotions on his CV and proven as they come at this level. 

Alex Neil - Promotion to the PL with Norwich. Constantly has a Preston team overachieving for what looks on paper a bang average team. I also like the idea of taking a rivals managed, proving we are a big fish in this division. 

Like I said I’d just be happy with someone with a promotion to the PL on their CV right now. No manager we get will be perfect on paper but I think now is the perfect time to make a choice. 

McCarthy is out of the question he's in a job he's not gonna give up for us. 

Neil? Possible I suppose but it's not a given he'd leave Preston for us.

The problem is there's nothing about that stands out. Bruce was an obvious appointment. Nothing obvious is standing out as it stands. A bad gamble would put us in a worse position than we are now.  

2 minutes ago, LittleG said:

People keep saying wait for the right man, so I'll ask you a question "Who is the right man?"

One thing for certain is that Bullen isn't.

You tell me. Nobody stands out. If we bide our time somebody may. The right man might already be available but nothing seems to be standing out. Much of a muchness really looking at the candidates. 

Just now, yeadonowl said:

Stop messing about and go get Rowett

He wouldn’t demand a huge wage and he wants the job

Lincoln want a fortune for the Cowleys, money that could be better spent re building the team

Alright old bean.  That’s what I would do now. Completely evident that Bullen is out of his depth with tactics and a lack of a plan. 

Rowett is out of work and he wants it. He knows the division and I think it will work. Stoke was a poisoned chalice for him - difficult managing a group of players on high wages who wanted out. Although, as per the Reading game, I don’t think he’s on DC’s radar.