Who though?

Just now, LittleG said:

But nobody knows who the right man is because every managerial appointment is somewhat of a gamble with no guarantee of success. 

Imagine being the owner of the club with that problem. We're pissed off. He's the owner. We, on here can't even nearly agree on the right man. I don't think DC is smoking a cigar watching telly. He'll be racking his brains but the list hasn't changed since Bruce left. If it gets critical I'm sure he'll gamble but we're not there yet. A bit of patience might just be the key. 

55 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I think most would agree we need a manager. The problem is, nothings changed since cabbage head left in terms of who's available. Should we jump in and appoint somebody we're not sure about or is it worth sticking with Bully until the right man comes along. There's a lot of hissy fitting in here tonight but if we lose our heads we could make a disastrous appointment.

Just pick the manager and approach the club DC to start discussions. Its not hard. It will cost us but thats what the compensations for. Just get on with FFS.

3 minutes ago, LittleG said:

But nobody knows who the right man is because every managerial appointment is somewhat of a gamble with no guarantee of success. 

So lets just carry on with someone who we know is neither qualified or up to the job.

Unbelievable.

13 minutes ago, striker said:

Rowett, Monk, Neil, Cook...all decent Championship managers. I think Monk has been tainted by the allegations over his close involvement with his agent, the others are employed, but Rowett would win me £120 :biggrin:

All pretty meh though compared to the Cowleys, the more I read about them, the more I think they would be the most exciting appointment in terms of recent achievements and building a promotion winning team. 

Appointed at Lincoln in 2015 in the non league, 2 promotions as champions since and now looking like serious contenders in league 1. I accept the lack of Championship experience, but these lads know how to achieve promotions and win titles, no messing about with the plays offs.

One things for certain they wouldn't accept a performance like today 

Just now, archieswfc said:

Imagine being the owner of the club with that problem. We're pissed off. He's the owner. We, on here can't even nearly agree on the right man. I don't think DC is smoking a cigar watching telly. He'll be racking his brains but the list hasn't changed since Bruce left. If it gets critical I'm sure he'll gamble but we're not there yet. A bit of patience might just be the key. 

What list, the unemployed list? Why do we need to restrict ourselves to that. Identify your man and get on with it.

6 minutes ago, LittleG said:

Just about every list of available managers is a list of failed managers. That's why they're available 

2 minutes ago, darra said:

Just about every list of available managers is a list of failed managers. That's why they're available 

The exception to that is Gio van Bronckhorst... the lack of any news about appointing a new gaffer means we have no idea how likely/unlikely he would be however

2 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I've been myself mate. It wasn't good. No doubt. My point is do we appoint one of the available managers with not much of a CV? Or do we wait. I'm not saying either way is right, but when bully was doing ok, the list was full of has been failures. The list hasn't changed. A bad appointment could be disastrous.

3 minutes ago, archieswfc said:

I've been myself mate. It wasn't good. No doubt. My point is do we appoint one of the available managers with not much of a CV? Or do we wait. I'm not saying either way is right, but when bully was doing ok, the list was full of has been failures. The list hasn't changed. A bad appointment could be disastrous.

As a reasonable sized football club its about time we went after other clubs managers and not try and be honourable and only look at out of work ones.

I wanted to say "massive" club, but at present we don't act like one.

Like all Owls I'm bloody frustrated with the lack of leadership from the top.

So please Mr Chairman act now and go and get a top quality manager by using some of the compensation we got for Bruce and stop being Mr Nicey Nicey and do.

to others what has been done to us.

I don't give a throw about other clubs losing their manager to us, all I care about is my club!!! 

3 minutes ago, Brando17 said:

bullen is not doing a good enough job ffs

I know FFS. Do we appoint someone else who won't do a good job or do we wait for a good candidate to come along? Bullen can be put back into his old job at any time. A new manager who fails is a tricker situation. If DC rate someone then go for it, but if he doesn't then he does right to wait imo. 

I actually feel for Bullen, he never applied for the job and was handed the reigns just before the season started when the last manager and coaches cleared off.

Results wise up until today we were doing OK and I didn't think we needed to rush things. 

Todays scattergun approach to team selection, tactics and substitutions have convinced me we need to get someone else in charge of team selection and tactics.

If there are no stand out candidates long term we need to get someone in for the rest of the season as we have looked like relegation fodder the last few games.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Get the Lincoln manager in, give him a chance. Well worth a punt, watched his interview in midweek, impressive. Sorry to say though it needs a clean sweep, Bullen needs to go now, and when I say go, I mean leave the club.

Very harsh on a man who stepped up to the plate when asked after others jumped ship. I don't think he is the right man to take us forward but I dothank him for doing his best and really hope he gets his old job back.

21 minutes ago, Professor Plum said:

Get the Lincoln manager in, give him a chance. Well worth a punt, watched his interview in midweek, impressive. Sorry to say though it needs a clean sweep, Bullen needs to go now, and when I say go, I mean leave the club.

The Cowleys have had a terrific run of success and certainly should be under consideration.

Can't say that I have seen much of Lincoln over the last 2 years, did watch their great cup run a couple of years ago and Lincoln played quite a long ball game with a real battering ram of a centre forward.

Do they still play that same style ?

7 minutes ago, NYowl said:

Very harsh on a man who stepped up to the plate when asked after others jumped ship. I don't think he is the right man to take us forward but I dothank him for doing his best and really hope he gets his old job back.

He's had his time now mate, and his money. He really needs to go and do something else. That's not being harsh at all, he's doing a job (and for some time) which most of us would kill for, harsh? No way.

1 minute ago, NYowl said:

The Cowleys have had a terrific run of success and certainly should be under consideration.

Can't say that I have seen much of Lincoln over the last 2 years, did watch their great cup run a couple of years ago and Lincoln played quite a long ball game with a real battering ram of a centre forward.

Do they still play that same style ?

They gave Everton a game the other night and I think Everton are going for this cup this year, shame we'll knock them out in the next round.

• Haha 1

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

So lets just carry on with someone who we know is neither qualified or up to the job.

Unbelievable.

You have totally misunderstood the post which was in reply to Archie topic about should we wait for the right man. I was trying to point out that nobody knows who the so called right man is, but I was not advocating keeping Bullen..

Unbelievable 

Guest LittleG
2 hours ago, darra said:

That was the point I was trying to get across to Archie and others who keep banging on about waiting for the right  man. There's no such person; at some stage we have to take a gamble on someone cos Bullen is not the right man