We all knew it ...Bullen isnt the man.

19 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'll be disappointed, but to be honest I'll be amazed if the situation has changed.

Chansiri has had fifty days to address this situation. The fact that he's been happy to let it continue for as long as it has suggests he's not feeling the same sense of urgency that we are.

He's given Bullen an audition. He hasn't just been doing nothing.

1 minute ago, vulture_squadron said:

He's given Bullen an audition. He hasn't just been doing nothing.

That's okay, then.

Whilst Bullen's 'audition' has been going on, we've had a threadbare coaching team shorn of the majority of its experience working with our squad, performances have got progressively worse, and now results are starting to trail off as well.

And there was me thinking we might have responded to Bruce's departure in a more effective manner.

Bullen was very honest in his post-match comments yesterday and what he said was spot on.

A win yesterday would have seen us in a good position in tricky circumstances, the defeat sees our start to the season as “bang  average” and he took full responsibility for the change in formation which was done in an attempt to convert more of our chances created and to combat the perceived set-up/threat of QPR.  He made it very clear that its (4-4-2) success depended on the full-backs getting forward which didn’t happen and he despaired at the lack of impetus and energy across the team as a whole.

I don’t agree with his changing of the system which he has clearly had in mind all week for the game.  I didn’t agree with the team he selected (FF should have been on the bench, Reach should have been on the wing and I’d have beefed up the midfield based on recent performances) but I really do agree with his comments re. the overall performance.

There is an arrogance and sense of entitlement amongst some of our most experienced players which has festered and is indeed fertilised by some of our supporters that has hung around like a bad smell for years now.  Jos tried to deal with it in a radical fashion against a backdrop of facing severe financial penalties.  Carlos created it and it came close to success with his implementation of a certain model which depended upon a chosen elite amongst the playing staff and we’ll never know re. Bruce but Bullen definitely “suffered” from it yesterday and it’s now probably too late to learn his lesson.

Our squad is not particularly old, we have the same average age as both United and Villa last season.  This isn’t a question of its ability to play with energy, intensity, to be fit enough to press and fight for the right to the ball and to impose the game plan.  It is purely and simply based on the desire and willingness to do so and it’s a tough call for whoever has to manage them.

We need someone to come in and bang some heads together.  This is a recurring situation that is bigger than Bullen.

• Thanks 1

Yesterday was a totally abject performance.

But let's face it Bullen and the side did not do well in the Millwall, Luton, Preston and Rotherham matches.

He is so completely out of his depth it is excruciating.

I would like to see Bullen return to his coaching and trouble shooting role in a crisis.  He is good at that.

But I would have also liked a little bit of self awareness yeterday and a comment along the lines of " I will not be putting my hat in the ring for the vacant Manager's job".

21 minutes ago, sonofbert2 said:

Bullen was very honest in his post-match comments yesterday and what he said was spot on.

A win yesterday would have seen us in a good position in tricky circumstances, the defeat sees our start to the season as “bang  average” and he took full responsibility for the change in formation which was done in an attempt to convert more of our chances created and to combat the perceived set-up/threat of QPR.  He made it very clear that its (4-4-2) success depended on the full-backs getting forward which didn’t happen and he despaired at the lack of impetus and energy across the team as a whole.

I don’t agree with his changing of the system which he has clearly had in mind all week for the game.  I didn’t agree with the team he selected (FF should have been on the bench, Reach should have been on the wing and I’d have beefed up the midfield based on recent performances) but I really do agree with his comments re. the overall performance.

There is an arrogance and sense of entitlement amongst some of our most experienced players which has festered and is indeed fertilised by some of our supporters that has hung around like a bad smell for years now.  Jos tried to deal with it in a radical fashion against a backdrop of facing severe financial penalties.  Carlos created it and it came close to success with his implementation of a certain model which depended upon a chosen elite amongst the playing staff and we’ll never know re. Bruce but Bullen definitely “suffered” from it yesterday and it’s now probably too late to learn his lesson.

Our squad is not particularly old, we have the same average age as both United and Villa last season.  This isn’t a question of its ability to play with energy, intensity, to be fit enough to press and fight for the right to the ball and to impose the game plan.  It is purely and simply based on the desire and willingness to do so and it’s a tough call for whoever has to manage them.

We need someone to come in and bang some heads together.  This is a recurring situation that is bigger than Bullen.

Excellent post.

The fact that the players seemingly chose not to follow aspects of Bullen's game plan is worrying, to say the least. 

Based on what we've seen under several managers, it does appear that we have the kind of squad who need managing in the correct way in order to fulfill their potential.

Luhukay made a decent first of it for a while and then imploded, Bruce appeared to have the gravitas / experience necessary to get them playing, and Bullen seems to be floundering badly. 

He sounded devoid of answers in yesterday's post-match interview, and I fear for us if this situation is allowed to continue any longer. 

18 hours ago, Waddlesdiamondlights said:

He's had a go at it and it hasn't worked out. If we want to get in the top 6 we need a manager now move LB back to his coaching role and let's push on. We can't afford to drop too many points before DC acts. We have a 2 week break now to get somebody in 

the difference yesterday isn't on the pitch,it's in the dugout,Q.P.R. players are no better than our's but the gulf between managers is

great post Son of bert ,, 

My thoughts are if someone doese'nt step up to the plate soon we are going to be in a long season of going no where fast ,personally I don't think Bullen is the man tbh , his crime is not enough experience , yes he is a nice  bloke and pally with the players  but that seems to be his Achilles heel , managers whoever they are need a ruthless streak  and sadly I haven't seen that Trait in Bullen and throwing mud at the wall to see if it sticks  just does not work and is not the way to go about winning games  that is how I feel with management and team at the moment, whether I am right or wrong remains to be seen but that's my two penneth ,we have to try something 

Edited by trevdi9

Bullen hasn’t ever been a good choice for me. I think he’s happy and had some success following the Bruce blueprint but struggles when that doesn’t work.

In fairness to him though, Chansiri or us as fans haven’t had the opportunity to assess a fully backed Bullen. He hasn’t been able to bring in his own team and he has to deal with all of the uncertainty. 

So as much as I don’t think Bullen is up to it, he either needs to be backed or someone else appointed, otherwise he isn’t being given a fair chance.

Hopefully goes without saying but I love Bullen and want him at the club for a long time to come, just not as manager. 

On 01/09/2019 at 09:50, Holmowl said:

I will be amazed and disappointed if we don’t kick off at Huddersfield under the new manager.

On 01/09/2019 at 10:31, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I'll be disappointed, but to be honest I'll be amazed if the situation has changed.

Chansiri has had fifty days to address this situation. The fact that he's been happy to let it continue for as long as it has suggests he's not feeling the same sense of urgency that we are.

Thank goodness your optimism has proven to be better-placed than my pessimism on this one.

Who knows what happened to change Chansiri's mind following the QPR match, as it was clear as day that Bullen wasn't a long-term solution from the start, but at least we've made an appointment. And a good one at that.

1 hour ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Thank goodness your optimism has proven to be better-placed than my pessimism on this one.

Who knows what happened to change Chansiri's mind following the QPR match, as it was clear as day that Bullen wasn't a long-term solution from the start, but at least we've made an appointment. And a good one at that.

Haha I’m always optimistic, so I’m bound to call it right occasionally.

DC might not be a football man but you’d have to be blind not to see Bully had to be replaced after QPR. It’s not too far fetched to think that Bully told him the game was up. 

Fingers crossed with Monk. I’m optimistic, but then....

6 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Haha I’m always optimistic, so I’m bound to call it right occasionally.

DC might not be a football man but you’d have to be blind not to see Bully had to be replaced after QPR. It’s not too far fetched to think that Bully told him the game was up. 

Fingers crossed with Monk. I’m optimistic, but then....

I tend to be optimistic myself, but the wait to replace Bruce had me worried that Chansiri really thought that Bullen might be a reasonable appointment.

I reckon Monk is as good an appointment as we could have hoped for given the current state of play, and I'm back on the optimism train.

14 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I tend to be optimistic myself, but the wait to replace Bruce had me worried that Chansiri really thought that Bullen might be a reasonable appointment.

I reckon Monk is as good an appointment as we could have hoped for given the current state of play, and I'm back on the optimism train.

The worrying thing was all the players, owlstalkers, Biggsy and others were all saying how good he was and that he deserved the chance

Can you imagine if we had dropped in lucky and got a win against QPR 

That would have been another season down the pan 

Let's hope the lost points dont cost us at the end of the season