Bully's assessment.

9 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

Sounds to me he ain’t got a clue what his best side is 

no room for sentiment pink your best Side stop trying to accommodate everyone 

Nothing wrong with rotation of the suns bench especially. Keep people happy because more than likely they will have to play some part. Especially with our injury luck. 

•  Ideally you want to play winning football, slick, passing football and go and win two and three nothing, but you’re not always going to get that.
  • These are the games that make the difference between the teams that become successful and those that don’t.This video will start in: 0:06

• We’ve had a tough game here and we knew it was going to be difficult

• Fan expectation level is high and we’ve actually lost these games over the past couple of seasons, we’ve lost to Wigan, we’ve lost to Burton Albion, we’ve lost to Rotherham, where people think we should just go out and breeze the game. We had to earn the right tonight.

• I thought in the first half we were in and out of the game and never really got any rhythm to our play, Luton played well and caused us problems in the midfield area especially.

• We had one or two good spells in that first half but not what we really want as an overall impression.

• At half-time we tweaked our formation a little bit and it paid dividends. We got after the ball a lot more in the second half, the pressure was a lot higher, we could get closer to their players and we got our just desserts with the goal I felt.

• It was a fight tonight and it was a battle,partly because you’ve still got a bit of a hangover from the weekend.

• The second half was more like what we wanted. We stayed in the game in the second half and made the most of the opposrtunites we created in the second half.

• I can’t remember Keiren having to make a mistake in the second half so we were relatively comfortable, but all it takes is a slip up or a mistake and you can be punished.

• It was a very, very satisfying win without it being spectacular.

• When you’re not playing particularly well you dig out that 1-0 win or 2-1 victory or you dig a draw out when you’re behind and you get a point. That makes the difference
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 5

38 minutes ago, hugeowl said:

You clearly have a completely different view point to Lee Bullen. Carlos started all this freezing out business, which ultimately lead to 18 wasted months. Mattias for example couldn't get anywhere near the first team until Carlos was ready to walk. 

We've still got one of the biggest squads in the league and we've had a horrific injury record over the last two years. Why wait till February to call on a player who's had his nose rubbed in it since September that he's not good enough for the first team?

Bullen wants to keep them involved. With our injury record we'll need them all at some point and we need them to be ready. 

I agree with what he's doing and how he's going about it. 

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Thanks 1

Guest domSWFC

His comments regarding wanting the job seem more resigned tonight, maybe that is a indication something else is in the works, or he's been given a target to achieve to make it his. 

Guest LondonOwl313
2 hours ago, hugeowl said:

Given we've started mostly the same 11 when available in the 4 games so far, I'd say thats a good indication of what he thinks the best side is right now. It's only really the wingers where it's not clear who he'd pick if everyone is available and the central 3 is Lee, Bannan and Hutchinson, as then one of Reach or Murphy would be on the bench (as looks like Harris has his spot nailed down).

Still quite a few quality players at this level who aren't in that 11. Iorfa, Luongo, FF, Rhodes to name a few. Good to have options

We've got a great squad this season and some real balance... Shame were willing to take a massive gamble on Lee Bullen for the sake he's been at the club a long time..no room for sentiment from me this is about bigger things than a guys career

Edited by keepitsteel89

11 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

We've got a great squad this season and some real balance... Shame were willing to take a massive gamble on Lee Bullen for the sake he's been at the club a long time..no room for sentiment from me this is about bigger things than a guys career

If it is sentiment. Might be were just in very protracted talks with someone else!

1 minute ago, Lord Snooty said:

If it is sentiment. Might be were just in very protracted talks with someone else!

My problem with LB though is you can see in interviews he has the chairman's ear, I cant count the number of times I've heard him say "I don't want to put words in the chairman's mouth" but we all know he will have told DC he wants it full time, I don't agree with that decision but fair enough that's his right to do so, but DC is so family orientated I honestly can't see us changing anything till we start losing and then we have to hope the change doesn't derail the season. I know we're top and I am happy lol honestly, just with a pinch of foreboding doom 

3 hours ago, domSWFC said:

His comments regarding wanting the job seem more resigned tonight, maybe that is a indication something else is in the works, or he's been given a target to achieve to make it his. 

I like the fact he is just concentrating on Saturday and Preston. One game at a time is the way in which success is achieved.

1 hour ago, keepitsteel89 said:

My problem with LB though is you can see in interviews he has the chairman's ear, I cant count the number of times I've heard him say "I don't want to put words in the chairman's mouth" but we all know he will have told DC he wants it full time, I don't agree with that decision but fair enough that's his right to do so, but DC is so family orientated I honestly can't see us changing anything till we start losing and then we have to hope the change doesn't derail the season. I know we're top and I am happy lol honestly, just with a pinch of foreboding doom 

Might be like Howard Wilkinson in his first season. We lost the odd game here and there but everytime we bounced back. Went up with what was then a record number of points losing just 6 league matches all season.

Edited by Utah Owl
  • Like 1

I think that psychologically, you can take as much away from winning a game like this as you can winning by a 2/3 goal margin. Any team that’s going to do well in this league has to grind out this kind of result, fact.

Edited by Morepork

3 hours ago, bobness said:

Again with the Burton match...

lol

Even Bullen won't let Bullen forget it.

Like one of those horror films where his reflection in the mirror starts arguing with him.

There he is looking in the mirror having a shave talking to himself. "Good result that Lee, I'd have taken 9 from 12 if you'd asked me beforehand"

Then his face in the mirror shaking his head back at him. "Lee,Lee, Lee, no son. have you forgotten Burton Albion"

• Haha 1