iFollow. Is it any good? Opinions please.

I'll be spending next season abroad so considering getting the International iFollow for the season, but wouldn't mind some opinions before I splash out £110.

Basically is it good or not, is it worth spending or is it a rip off?

Let me know of your opinions please.

UTO!!!

• Haha 1

I'll say what I always say. iFollow is great for us expats as long as Wednesday aren't entertaining or up at the top of the league. If any of those two things happen then we will be on Sky or on Blackout for a lot of matches. That means no iFollow coverage and trying to find streams or using a IPTV sub to watch us. 

Never really had a problem with it

It's the only way I can listen as I can't get radio Sheffield where I live. You also get two Wednesdayite commentators.  In John Pearson and Rob O'Neill. Finally there's none if this going around the grounds just as we're about to take a free-kick at the edge of their area. Can't comment on the overseas content but as understand it they've updated the number if cameras and my friends abroad who use it have few complaints

Edited by darra

This year there will be more camera coverage than last year. I understand 4 per game. So pictures will improve be similar to those shown on you tube for Espanyol game with commentary. If I was abroad would certainly watch games I am not certain which is the best overall method. If you have sky subscription you would be totally covered for all games.

42 minutes ago, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

I'll be spending next season abroad so considering getting the International iFollow for the season, but wouldn't mind some opinions before I splash out £110.

Let me know of your opinions please.

UTO!!!

Yes.

Its great being able to watch all the games, and they’ve improved coverage and quality year on year.

Sky games aren’t online so I either use nowtv via a VPN for those (express VPN is my choice) although last season I took out a DAZN subscription as well...so will probably stick with that meaning all games covered

3 minutes ago, uɐıɹɐqɯıɹ⅁ said:

It's a ripoff, IPTV is the better value for money then you also get Sky/ESPN for when we're not on iFollow.

That's an interesting attitude. 

It's a ripoff to buy strawberries from the supermarket when it's better value to take them from people's allotments. 

• Haha 7

It has gotten progressively better over the years.

You can always give it a try for a single match fee, and if you like it, subscribe for the year, if you feel it will offer better value throughout the season. 

Guest Bulgaria

I have it and it's ok... Sometime it freezes so I just go to the radio commentary.  

I would recommend buying it just for the cheesy halftime music.

Edited by Bulgaria

Guest Bulgaria
8 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm going to be in Australia for the next 2 years next week, what's this IPTV you speak off?

Watch out for those scorpions in yer slippers mate.

And the huntsman spider behind your sun visor.

Enjoy.

2 hours ago, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

This is my 3rd season on iFollow and I'd rate it...8.5/10.  

Be sure to have a decent PC, updated with all current drivers, a good internet connection (preferably wired, not wireless), make sure to select the highest 720p HD feed on the day and you'll have very few problems.  Not many people either can, or know, to do any of what I have mentioned and run into issues that are not the 'fault' of iFollow at all.  

Only issues I've had have been where I've deviated from the norm and tried to watch in a different location/mobile.  On my PC (mostly streaming to my TV via Chromecast) it's been near faultless.  Odd times the audio will be out of sync, but that's a Chromecast issue, not an iFollow issue.

If you have any kind of technical question, chuck me a PM and I'd be glad to answer.  :)  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

I'm going to be in Australia for the next 2 years next week, what's this IPTV you speak off?

How are you going to cram 2 years into next week?

lol

• Haha 1

Guest wilyfox

It's like a conjugal visit... You only get what you want if it doesn't clash with owt on telly, and it's never quite as good as you'd hoped.