iFollow. Is it any good? Opinions please.

Quality of the video stream last year was an immense increase in quality from the first year. It is now a very decent stream.A shame it doesn't sync with Chromecast. But can easily use a (long) HTML to HTML cable. Also be aware of what the first poster said about games not being video streamed when on Sky or equivalent, but you do get the audio stream then.

5 hours ago, Lee Davies said:

Why don't you get it this year on a Fire stick app and try it with any games you don't go to? Only 50quid

I've lived overseas and its very good now. It started with no commentary but now its the full shabang! 

Can you record using a firestick? My beef with iFollow is that I want to record games and watch next morning but pretty impossible. 

Any Viz top tips greatly received! 

9 hours ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

A shame it doesn't sync with Chromecast. 

What do you mean? It works with Chromecast if you use the Chrome browser and cast your whole desktop.

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Can you record using a firestick? My beef with iFollow is that I want to record games and watch next morning but pretty impossible. 

I've recorded the odd game before via Shadow Play, a free tool from Nvidia. I'm sure there are other solutions though. 

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/

4 hours ago, Suzuki_San said:

What do you mean? It works with Chromecast if you use the Chrome browser and cast your whole desktop.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-gb/geforce/geforce-experience/shadowplay/

They told me on iFollow chat that matches are not ChromeCast supported. I cast my screen with  html to html cable, but that doesn't let me do anything else on the computer. Do you know a different way to cast my computer screen? If you had a cable free method it would be good to know.

Edited by OwlsfaninNorway

12 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

The fat slags,  always makes me laugh. 

23 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

They told me on iFollow chat that matches are not ChromeCast supported. I cast my screen with  html to html cable, but that doesn't let me do anything else on the computer. Do you know a different way to cast my computer screen? If you had a cable free method it would be good to know.

You should be able to change the projection output on your computer. If you change it to extend then drag the webpage/video on to the TV, you should be able to use your computer normally. You will need the hdmi(?) cable to be attached throughout the game though.

• Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, OwlsfaninNorway said:

Use Chrome browser, cast the tab, set the video to full screen on the computer. Game on the telly cable free and still free to use the computer as you please.

• Thanks 1

For anyone interested. The iFollow video player isn’t ChromeCast supported (Well as of last year, as it has improved year on year so that support may happen in the future) which is what you normally expect from any other video player eg YouTube, Netflix and any FTA TV Channel. Given the issue raised by our Norwegian friend.

But Chrome/Google supports casting through to ChromeCast. Which means you can cast your desktop/laptop through ChromeCast with no problems and using the Chrome browser down to a specific tab.

I’d like to think that Apple TV and Safari/Apple OS so something similar also.

3 minutes ago, R-Sole14 said:

For anyone interested. The iFollow video player isn’t ChromeCast supported (Well as of last year, as it has improved year on year so that support may happen in the future) which is what you normally expect from any other video player eg YouTube, Netflix and any FTA TV Channel. Given the issue raised by our Norwegian friend.

But Chrome/Google supports casting through to ChromeCast. Which means you can cast your desktop/laptop through ChromeCast with no problems and using the Chrome browser down to a specific tab.

I’d like to think that Apple TV and Safari/Apple OS so something similar also.

I was on chat with iFollow just a week or two ago, and the video streamed game is still not available to ChromeCast.But use the other mentioned method.

• Thanks 1

On 01/08/2019 at 19:29, Kosovo'sNo.9 said:

I'll be spending next season abroad so considering getting the International iFollow for the season, but wouldn't mind some opinions before I splash out £110.

Basically is it good or not, is it worth spending or is it a rip off?

Let me know of your opinions please.

UTO!!!

Had it first year it came in as I spent more time abroad than I did in Blighty. It's about a decade and a half behind the times, but still a million times better than radio/online commentary.