Scottish Football Returns.

6 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Vice-Versa.

Name a few then.

The standard of Championship football and the competitiveness of it far outweighs 90% of what the SPL has to offer. Anyone decent in the SPL outside of Celtic and perhaps players who support Rangers would rather play Championship football than SPL.

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Name a few then.

The standard of Championship football and the competitiveness of it far outweighs 90% of what the SPL has to offer. Anyone decent in the SPL outside of Celtic and perhaps players who support Rangers would rather play Championship football than SPL.

A big fee player Oliver Burke couldn’t get a game at Celtic 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, John O'Brien said:

A big fee player Oliver Burke couldn’t get a game at Celtic 

Is that your one example? Besides, as said, I am making a point about the division as a whole outside of Celtic. For whatever reason Burke's career took a nosedive and he could barely get a game in the Championship either.

13 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Is that your one example? Besides, as said, I am making a point about the division as a whole outside of Celtic. For whatever reason Burke's career took a nosedive and he could barely get a game in the Championship either.

You asked me to name names. Teemu Pukki couldn’t make the grade at Celtic and we were bad at the time.

You asked me to name names. Teemu Pukki couldn’t make the grade at Celtic and we were bad at the time.

But you continue to ignore the fact that I stated I was making the point of the standard outside of Celtic. 

If you think the quality of the SPL is better than the Championship so be it but I think you are in a considerable minority with that view, not just on here but in general.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

But you continue to ignore the fact that I stated I was making the point of the standard outside of Celtic. 

If you think the quality of the SPL is better than the Championship so be it but I think you are in a considerable minority with that view, not just on here but in general.

Now, where have i said that??

Now, where have i said that??

Fair enough, so you would say the Championship is a better standard then?

You did say that on their day Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are a better watch than Championship football. How often do they have these days? The regular watcher of Hearts on here was admitted they have been dire most of the time for at least a year, Hibs have been even worse than them this season and from what I have seen of Aberdeen in the past couple of years (admittedly not a great deal but looking also at their results) they are attritional and struggle to break teams down at home.  

4 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

Are you a tory Hirsty? You’ve twisted what i posted and and turned it into something i didn’t post ffs. 

You must be a politician, completely ignoring what I said about Celtic by using them in your examples! 

And no, for what it is worth I am not a Tory!

Edited by Guest

18 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Let me try and ease this for you.. the lad was slagging off SPL football without having watched it, i said you won’t watch SPL but you’ll watch the dross served up in the Championship!  

4 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

You must be a politician, completely ignoring what I said about Celtic by using them in your examples! 

And no, for what it is worth I am not a Tory!

I never once said the SPL was better than the Championship but for some reason no one (including yourself) never really read what i posted. Simples!

2 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

I never once said the SPL was better than the Championship but for some reason no one (including yourself) never really read what i posted. Simples!

As below I have responded to this but you can ignore the post below if you want.

10 minutes ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Fair enough, so you would say the Championship is a better standard then?

You did say that on their day Hearts, Aberdeen and Hibs are a better watch than Championship football. How often do they have these days? The regular watcher of Hearts on here was admitted they have been dire most of the time for at least a year, Hibs have been even worse than them this season and from what I have seen of Aberdeen in the past couple of years (admittedly not a great deal but looking also at their results) they are attritional and struggle to break teams down at home.  

2 minutes ago, John O'Brien said:

I didn’t say they were better to watch, i said on form it’s a decent watch.

You compared it to 'drivel hoofball football' in the Championship.

How often is this 'on-form decent to watch' football apparent from Hibs, Aberdeen and and Hearts? 

I'll stick to watching the Championship thanks, far more entertaining and better quality.

Just now, hirstyboywonder said:

You compared it to 'drivel hoofball football' in the Championship.

How often is this 'on-form decent to watch' football apparent from Hibs, Aberdeen and and Hearts? 

I'll stick to watching the Championship thanks, far more entertaining and better quality.

Okay mate. It’s all about opinions.