Chansiri

And people still go out of their way to rip him at every opportunity. 

Absolutely giving his all for this club, and I'm sure he's still on the blower over there now trying to get things sorted and in place for the new season. Maybe we haven't got a manager wrapped up yet because we're waiting for a decent one on the market - let's face it, apart from Hughton, the rest are absolute dogga on our home soil. 

Him and his family are engrained in the club now - there's plenty of owners we could have out there which we'd be in outrage over. He's still on a steep learning curve, but is slowly getting it right 

Back him, back Bullen and let's get off to a flyer this weekend 

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

He's still on a steep learning curve, but is slowly getting it right 

He's charging £39 a ticket minimum for the Barnsley game  - which is irredeemably unforgivable -  and has had to come up with a wheeze to sell Hillsborough to get round his catastrophic financial management.  He's going to take some flak.

On the plus side the kit seems quite nice.

But it's how the season pans out that is going to be the key to how he's judged.   

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

He's charging £39 a ticket minimum for the Barnsley game  - which is irredeemably unforgivable -  and has had to come up with a wheeze to sell Hillsborough to get round his catastrophic financial management.  He's going to take some flak.

But it's how the season pans out that is going to be the key to how he's judged.   

What else can he do? 

We need to maximise revenue from every source - it's rare to see teams go up that aren't ploughing money in, and if Chansiri continues to plough money in he needs to claw it back elsewhere 

Are we supposed to charge £20 a ticket and have a team full of bang average players and remain in the mid table obscurity? 

1 hour ago, rickygoo said:

That's why he's charging a minimum of £39 to watch Second Division football come August 10th. 

Pretty sure it's costing me £27.82 at adult price in the South.  I'm no mathematical genius but I reckon that's less than your minimum.  

Edited by Sham67

3 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

What else can he do? 

We need to maximise revenue from every source - it's rare to see teams go up that aren't ploughing money in, and if Chansiri continues to plough money in he needs to claw it back elsewhere 

Are we supposed to charge £20 a ticket and have a team full of bang average players and remain in the mid table obscurity? 

We have had this argument so many times. Tell me why a city like Sheffield should have a football club charging higher prices than any other club in the Division?

1 minute ago, Sham67 said:

Pretty sure it's costing me £27.82 at adult price in the South.  I'm no mathematical genius but I reckon that less than your minimum.  

Pretty sure you've shelled out well north of £600 which doesn't compare well with other clubs when it comes to season tickets. 

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Pretty sure you've shelled out well north of £600 which doesn't compare well with other clubs when it comes to season tickets. 

Is it or is it not less than your alleged minimum?  Yes or No?  No spin, waffle or bullshine.  

19 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Unforgivable is an absolute concept in the English language..it doesn't tolerate subjunctives or superlative decoration.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Sham67 said:

Is it or is it not less than your alleged minimum?  Yes or No?  No spin, waffle or bullshine.  

You have spent £639 for a ST. No amount of playing with words will change the fact that we are where we are in terms of the pricing structures in this division.

Just now, rickygoo said:

You have spent £639 for a ST. No amount of playing with words will change the fact that we are where we are in terms of the pricing structures in this division.

Is that a yes?

Just now, Costello 77 said:

Not in this household.. you're getting stylised writing used by( drug abusers.. probably) muddled up with the correct form of common English.

I'm not happy with the lack of a space between the word "by" and the bracket. There's also an unnecessary space after the opening bracket . However, they aren't things I would be so pedantic to criticise in public. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

I'm not happy with the lack of a space between the word "by" and the bracket. There's also an unnecessary space after the opening bracket . However, they aren't things I would be so pedantic to criticise in public. 

You seem to have recovered your gaff by being absolutely right in this matter..my face is reddening with shame..

32 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If you cant afford then dont go or buy a ST which is good value. I would be quite happy if all the ticket price whingers stayed away. Everything costs these days get used to it. 

We need the money and we make a choice  if not watch it on TV.

• Haha 1