Chansiri

6 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

I think his commitment and support of the club has never been in doubt. But he's made some bad decisions and showed a lack of experience very frequently in my opinion.

Second sentence is absolutely fair, of course. What f**ks me off about some of the seemingly knee-jerk DC-bashing we occasionally see is that it so brashly overlooks the first sentence.

Especially after we’ve been absolutely shafted by shark-eyed, zero-sh*ts-giving human abacuses multiple times in living memory. Beggars belief for me that some are so quick to dismiss the value of emotional investment at the very top level, when SWFC hasn’t had a sniff of that - OR any tangible business acumen, let’s not forget - for decades.

Errors of judgment are basically guaranteed during any football club ownership tenure of any reasonable duration. A genuine connection with the club remains staggeringly rare.

Edited by Mr. Tom
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

Aside from selling off our ground.

appointing probably the worst managers in our history.

charging ridiculous prices to get in the ground.

yeah brilliant.

First sentence, ask yourself, why did he have to sell the ground to himself? 1. because of stupid rules that favour clubs in the prem, because god knows they want it to be a closed shop. 2. Because he gambled when he bought us, spent loads, and almost got us promoted.  I didn't see anyone complaining when we got to the playoff final?

2nd sentence. Carlos was not a sh*t manager, ffs, dude got us to the play off final, and play off semi, yes third season was crap, but to say he was rubbish is just utter b*llocks. Jos, yep, was, No club has a perfect record of managerial appointments. Bruce, everyone f*cking wanted him! Honestly, this is actually the most stupid point you have made.

3rd. Again, look to the rules for FFP, and that is why ticket prices are high. I'll stake my left nut (not the right, I like him, hes called Dave), that if there was no FFP ticket prices would be dropped.

DC on Holiday in Florida, in August...brave man, nobody comes here in the summer-time, and those of us whom live here, wish we had a 2nd house, up around the Canadian Border, ~50 degrees North Latitude.  

I don't think he's shirking his duties, as Owner of the Club, a few days before the Season starts.  I think anything that can be done, at this point, has been done, whether we on Owlstalk know it or not, and that the Manager decision has already been made, as far as it can be made, at this time, under these circumstances. 

DC may be this or that, but, he's NOT a money-grubbing lump of poo.  Money is neither  the problem, nor the objective. The objective seems to be a SWFC Dynasty (10 years) in the 1st Tier.  DC has taken poo since he arrived,  he's still here, and it ain't for the money, or peace of mind.  

10 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

I voted it down.

Nowt against Chansiri going on holiday. 

Just find the  sycophancy towards him irratating at times.

Your account should have all it's upvotes removed and have an instant -100 Neg count applied.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

No matter what he does, a mainly ill informed minority will always focus on negatives, vent off their frustrations on the internet and couldn't spot a decent/good family man to save their lives.

Maybe thats because they themselves lack decency or are frustrated at their own mistakes made in life that are feeding their own negativity, so typing about someone else is a welcome distraction.   :Chansiri:

Ps i hope hughton or rowett signs a premier lg left back and forward on loan for us though :biggrin:

6 hours ago, marcx666 said:

First sentence, ask yourself, why did he have to sell the ground to himself? 1. because of stupid rules that favour clubs in the prem, because god knows they want it to be a closed shop. 2. Because he gambled when he bought us, spent loads, and almost got us promoted.  I didn't see anyone complaining when we got to the playoff final?

2nd sentence. Carlos was not a sh*t manager, ffs, dude got us to the play off final, and play off semi, yes third season was crap, but to say he was rubbish is just utter b*llocks. Jos, yep, was, No club has a perfect record of managerial appointments. Bruce, everyone f*cking wanted him! Honestly, this is actually the most stupid point you have made.

3rd. Again, look to the rules for FFP, and that is why ticket prices are high. I'll stake my left nut (not the right, I like him, hes called Dave), that if there was no FFP ticket prices would be dropped.

I stand by everything I said other then I mistyped managers - should have been manager - I was referring to luhukay. 

7 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Does that explain why our ticket prices are higher than everyone else's and have been since Chansiri was in charge of them?

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Does that explain why our ticket prices are higher than everyone else's and have been since Chansiri was in charge of them?

IMO yes, as I stated, f*ck sake I bet my left nut (again not the right one, I like him), that if there were no FFP prices would be cheaper

2 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

IMO yes, as I stated, f*ck sake I bet my left nut (again not the right one, I like him), that if there were no FFP prices would be cheaper

But why are we more expensive than the other clubs who are also battling FFP?

Edited by rickygoo

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

But why are we more expensive than the othe clubs who are also battling FFP?

No clue, I'm not in the inner workings of the club. You will notice, I never said we were higher than most/all just that I would bet parts of my anatomy that if there was no FFP, prices would be lower. Why are you asking me about things I never claimed to know?

15 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

No clue, I'm not in the inner workings of the club. You will notice, I never said we were higher than most/all just that I would bet parts of my anatomy that if there was no FFP, prices would be lower. Why are you asking me about things I never claimed to know?

I bet both your balls and mine prices would stay the same if FFP was abandoned tomorrow.

Clubs has backed itself into a corner with prices with multi year season tickets and 1867 Membership schemes.

4 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I bet both your balls and mine prices would stay the same if FFP was abandoned tomorrow.

Clubs has backed itself into a corner with prices with multi year season tickets and 1867 Membership schemes.

Well, now all we need to do is get the EFL to ditch the FFP rules, which only favour relegated clubs with parachute payments, then we can find out. AND I SAID BALL, not BALLS lol

57 minutes ago, marcx666 said:

Because your ******** management practices and the fact you are pretty sure prices would fall make you seem like a price guru.