Never mind the manager - where's Big Hec?

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE

We could get Pep Guardiola in as manager but without Big Hec at the back our central defence will get penetrated like a cheap *****'s drawers 

Where is Big Hec?

He was the difference last year and like a Rolls Royce at the back. Hector just walks into players and comes out with the ball its that easy to him 

More important than any manager to our chances 

1 minute ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

We could get Pep Guardiola in as manager but without Big Hec at the back our central defence will get penetrated like a cheap *****'s drawers 

Where is Big Hec?

He was the difference last year and like a Rolls Royce at the back. Hector just walks into players and comes out with the ball its that easy to him 

Aye, good old Jos, he knows how to pick em

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
6 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Yeah but Jos had him at his disposal so...

Hear what you're saying but not only was Jos a clown but he was a clown that changed the entire defence every game and placed a chocolate fire guard behind said defence in the goal when he had a Rolls Royce keeper on the naughty step 

14 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

He's really not.

An excellent Championship centre half he may be, but there are others out there who we could sign in his stead if needs be. Let's not forget that he joined us after failing to shine during recent loan spells at Reading and Hull, and if we'd signed him on a permanent transfer this time last year, I doubt many on here would have batted an eyelid. If he comes back, then great. If not, then there are plenty more fish in the sea.

No single player is more important than a manager.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
2 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

He's really not.

An excellent Championship centre half he may be, but there are others out there who we could sign in his stead if needs be. Let's not forget that he joined us after failing to shine during recent loan spells at Reading and Hull, and if we'd signed him on a permanent transfer this time last year, I doubt many on here would have batted an eyelid. If he comes back, then great. If not, then there are plenty more fish in the sea.

No single player is more important than a manager.

We don't want another cod or haddock though do we

We want prime lobster and Big Hec is Michelin star lobster 

We were never going to sign him, under a soft embargo we have to comply with the FFP rules, not a chance the EFL are going to sanction us splashing 3M quid plus at this point. We have to be shrewd with our business as we have been so far with the 3 free signings. I only expect us to be signing loanees once the prem squads are announced.

Guest REDAs_biG_piECE
1 minute ago, Not Jon Newsome said:

We were never going to sign him, under a soft embargo we have to comply with the FFP rules, not a chance the EFL are going to sanction us splashing 3M quid plus at this point. We have to be shrewd with our business as we have been so far with the 3 free signings. I only expect us to be signing loanees once the prem squads are announced.

Not sure where this £3Mil figure has come from when a very similar standard player in Mings went for £20Mil

Only expecting Big Hec on loan we can't afford him

Even if we could afford him I think it would depend on who we bring in as a manager.

The other point is, as far as I know (and I’m too lazy to do any in-depth research)... hasn’t he only had one good season, and that was last season, which is a little worrying considering his age (not that I’ve researched that either). lol

1 minute ago, bobness said:

Don't care who it is, I don't think we should be signing anyone unless the manager signs off on it. It should be up to the manager to build the squad, end of.

I agree but we are very quickly running out of time - it’s a real conundrum.

Some players just fit at one club. It seems like Wednesday is the club for Hector. Did nothing special elsewhere but was excellent here in the second half of the season. Maybe it was the snake who made the difference, who knows but Hec fitted in well and played well.

I'd have him back at £3M if we can afford it and if the embargo allows. We'd get more leaway if we shifted a few out. If that's not possible a loan with a view to buy at the next window would be a decent option.

24 minutes ago, Spookone said:

I agree but we are very quickly running out of time - it’s a real conundrum.

Granted, but what sort of message does that send to a prospective manager? Need to think longer term than a single transfer window.