4 Newcastle Loanees?

Guest domSWFC

Just now, owlinexile said:

But surely the reason that its good to have players with a good mix of ages is so you don't have to replace them all at once.  Taking young players on loan doesnt do anything to address this. 

True, but we chose not to address the problem when we signed the freebies. It’s not ideal, but we need to introduce some youth and vitality into the squad If we only have them for a year, then so be it, at least it buys us time to develop our own

1 minute ago, owlinexile said:

But surely the reason that its good to have players with a good mix of ages is so you don't have to replace them all at once.  Taking young players on loan doesnt do anything to address this. 

Good clubs don't do it all at once..they weed out as contracts time down..

Guest LondonOwl313
5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

True, but we chose not to address the problem when we signed the freebies. It’s not ideal, but we need to introduce some youth and vitality into the squad If we only have them for a year, then so be it, at least it buys us time to develop our own

Borner 28

Harris 26

Odubajo 25

not exactly old are they. I always get the impression you’re about 16 from your posts lol

10 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Borner 28

Harris 26

Odubajo 25

not exactly old are they. I always get the impression you’re about 16 from your posts lol

They aren’t but neither are they youth. The majority of your players will generally be about that age, a few older heads, and a good sprinkling of youth

35 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

We were supposed to be bringing young players to bring down the average age, the loan signings were our opportunity to do that, so surely we won’t be bringing in the likes of Colback and Lazaar

What is the average age of the squad and what is the average of promoted squads over the last 3, 5, 10 and 20 years?

Just now, Sham67 said:

If you can point me to any actual quotes, it would be appreciated.

I can’t but it came from the chairman, and was backed up by Jos, who got it all wrong when he tried to implement it. It was then reaffirmed by Bruce, who said we would specifically target the big sixes U23 sides

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

I can’t but it came from the chairman, and was backed up by Jos, who got it all wrong when he tried to implement it. It was then reaffirmed by Bruce, who said we would specifically target the big sixes U23 sides

Fair enough, I'll take your word on it.  What is the current average age of the squad and what was it at the end of last season?  Having replaced players aged 34, 32 and 31 with 28, 26 and 25 yo. I would imagine it will be lower, therefore as it stands they have achieved that goal.  Wouldn't you agree?

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

He did say that, yes. But we lost some appeal to potential loanees when he walked out the door. Maybe things have to change.

5 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Fair enough, I'll take your word on it.  What is the current average age of the squad and what was it at the end of last season?  Having replaced players aged 34, 32 and 31 with 28, 26 and 25 yo. I would imagine it will be lower, therefore as it stands they have achieved that goal.  Wouldn't you agree?

Your point is valid but every player is also a year older so it could be the squad is actually a little bit older than the average at the start of last year. Statistics can be a cow sometimes. lol

(cow wasn't the word I used)

Edited by prowl

If we got 4/4.5m plus 4 loan players that sounds a cracking deal.....but

depends which players.

could be ones they want off wage bill and can’t get rid of. 

Its ok saying can loan them but on full wage? Part wage?

if did it I’d defo have Aarons n Lazaar. 

Fit they both fantastic additions. Maybe with view to a permanent deal. 

I reckon Aarons would come. Seemed to love it here n still has banter with our players n big Hec who hope will be ours soon.  

Lazaar has reported wants fight for his place tho.

the main thing for me is wouldn’t it be better to cash in n not have any ties with this scum of a club ( Ashley not so much Newcastle) any more. Surely DC wouldn’t want to have to deal with them again. 

Back to big hec. Hasn’t gone anywhere else as yet so there is hope

8 hours ago, trotter said:

I don’t get Aarons and Lazaar. Obviously decent players but spent more time in the treatment room than on the pitch. 

They got cool names. 

It's why people loved marco matias 

The more you think about this the more unlikely it is. Four is the maximum you can take from any one club and two of hem have to be u/23's. I never get rule on under 23 not sure if it counts if they are aged 23. we need another wide option in team Aarons is aged 23 but history of injury and we did not see him after promising first few games. Looking at Newcastle best option wide for me is Murphy they sent him out on loan and would suit way we intend o play aged 24. We also need a defensive midfield player Colback could do this job but is another left footer and we are a bit lopsided that way at moment but do not see any other realistic option. Gayle I think is 28 very good player and pace up fron something we lack but bursting at seams with forwards so we would have to off load some of what we have. I do not think we have been looking for left ack since we signed Odubajo he is effective in this position and have plenty of back up. 

Lazaar played one and half games and was excellent but then got injured he is undoubtedly good but fragile and not sure we can afford luxury of him. 

Looking through Newcastle squad at u/23 players their is surprisingly few in their squad. Freddie Woodman the goalkeeper is one I could see going out on loan but I do not think anybody would see us signing a goalkeeper 

Therefore can not see it being 4 players.