Old memorabilia

I'm in the middle of writing and researching a book about the Owls darkest times 73-76 (there's a thread about it in the history section). Published next year by the same people who did Carlton Palmer and Lee Bullen's books - Vertical Editions.

Anyhow, one chapter will be on memorabilia - so if anyone has anything they've kept from those dark times that they'd like to see in print give me a shout.

I'd love to see a season ticket from back then - not sure there are any left! 

• Like 1

On ‎24‎/‎06‎/‎2019 at 12:39, sparky74 said:

Sorry if wrong section.

I found these during a clear out. Be interested to know if there’s many knocking around/value.

CB1523E3-A008-48D0-910C-8E25D1DAED59.jpeg

E18C1E12-9BC9-49E8-B6A0-14E6AE298A2C.jpeg

Lovely plates but I'm more interested in the Mark One carrier bags, talk about blasts from the past.

• Haha 1

On 26/06/2019 at 21:50, cop said:

Not Wednesday but got this shirt from our uefa cup opponents in the 90s!

IMG_20190626_214703436.jpg

Image result for NOICE

Im annoyed that when i went to Luxembourg and looked for the Spora ground - it "didnt exist" ... turns out theyd gone bust/rebranded and the stadium was just round the corner from the hotel.

• Like 1

On 25/06/2019 at 17:29, Bearwood Owl1 said:

I'm in the middle of writing and researching a book about the Owls darkest times 73-76 (there's a thread about it in the history section). Published next year by the same people who did Carlton Palmer and Lee Bullen's books - Vertical Editions.

Anyhow, one chapter will be on memorabilia - so if anyone has anything they've kept from those dark times that they'd like to see in print give me a shout.

I'd love to see a season ticket from back then - not sure there are any left! 

Does not sound like book to put a smile on your face that :-(

43 minutes ago, jamsandwich said:

Image result for NOICE

Im annoyed that when i went to Luxembourg and looked for the Spora ground - it "didnt exist" ... turns out theyd gone bust/rebranded and the stadium was just round the corner from the hotel.

Did they play in that kit at theirs  cant remember it? Quite hard on the eyes that.

1 hour ago, Harrysgame said:

Does not sound like book to put a smile on your face that :-(

Funny thing being, there's a degree of fondness for it all. Think Tommy Craig,  Mick Prendergast, Willie Henderson.

4-4 vs Man United,  last day escapes,  proper away days, standing at both ends of the ground, the Ozzie Owl Club. .. I could go on :)

So, not a natural happy read given the club's position - but deserves to be well remembered I think  

Buy the book next year and judget for yourself though :)

2 hours ago, Bearwood Owl1 said:

Funny thing being, there's a degree of fondness for it all. Think Tommy Craig,  Mick Prendergast, Willie Henderson.

4-4 vs Man United,  last day escapes,  proper away days, standing at both ends of the ground, the Ozzie Owl Club. .. I could go on :)

So, not a natural happy read given the club's position - but deserves to be well remembered I think  

Buy the book next year and judget for yourself though :)

No wasnt having a go. Started going in 72 when I was 3 with my dad. Seem to remember spending most of my time running around on the empty terraces at Lepp end (must have allowed home fans then) no fences. In fairness football was all new to be at that age so positive is that I didn't realise we were that bad. 

Do remember some decrepid away grounds old Walsall seems to stick in my mind for some reason. Mick Prendergast was my first idol.

Edited by Harrysgame
Update