Matt Gibson 10 rounds golf Friday, Sheff Children's neonatal

On Friday 14th June Matt Gibson will be attempting to play 10 rounds of golf at Hillsborough Golf Club in 1 day!

He is doing so to raise money for The Sheffield Children's Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. A fantastic cause and a monumental challenge for Matt.

To contribute and help Matt achieve funds that his cause deserves., have a read............

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/matthew-gibson1010?fb_event=6b06442&prompt_event=86b2cb8

• Like 1

Matt's a mate if mine and I'll be caddying for him on his final 2 rounds. 

10 rounds is an incredible target, to put it in context,  he'll be running approx. 45 miles on hilly terrain whilst carrying some golf clubs and having to stop every 150 to 200 yards. 

I'm sure he'd appreciate any donations and he is a fellow Owl. The charity was chosen as a mutual friend received fantastic help from the ICU recently.

37 minutes ago, Matt456 said:

As long as I get decent weather on the day I’m confident I’ll do it.  All this rain isn’t helping but the forecast for Friday is improving all the time.   

Good luck Matt...that's a tough ask

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Holmowl said:

If he’s anything like me, bet he sits in the bath afterwards thinking

”If only I didn’t miss that 3 footer on the 134th”

You would hope by his fifth round he's got an idea about how the greens are running. 

Although I've been playing for 40 years and can't putt for toffee.

:duntmatter:

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

You would hope by his fifth round he's got an idea about how the greens are running. 

Although I've been playing for 40 years and can't putt for toffee.

Putted like a God this morning.

Until a 3 putt on 17 and a 4 putt on 18.

I hate golf. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

Putted like a God this morning.

Until a 3 putt on 17 and a 4 putt on 18.

I hate golf. 

Sounds like you'll be back soon.

Im looking forward to my 16y old giving me another whooping at Hallamshire in a couple of weeks. Nothing like spending half a day looking for lost balls while your offsprings hits every drive straight down the middle.

Edited by Sergeant Tibbs
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sergeant Tibbs said:

Sounds like you'll be back soon.

Im looking forward to my 16y old giving me another whooping at Hallamshire in a couple of weeks. Nothing like spending half a day looking for lost balls while your offsprings hits every drive straight down the middle.

Used to be a member there when I was younger and lived in Sheffield, lovely course. Enjoy it pal.

16 hours ago, Matt456 said:

As long as I get decent weather on the day I’m confident I’ll do it.  All this rain isn’t helping but the forecast for Friday is improving all the time.   

Good luck mate , got our away weekend next week and I am dreading playing 3 rounds in 3 days .

2 hours ago, damianb1 said:

Used to be a member there when I was younger and lived in Sheffield, lovely course. Enjoy it pal.

Cheers

Yes I was a member in my youth.  Everyone used to say if you can play off 16 at Hallamshire it can play off 6 anywhere else.

I'm yet to see that,

• Haha 1