Matt Gibson 10 rounds golf Friday, Sheff Children's neonatal

It is an amazing target. Four ladies at Wortley did 4 rounds on Sunday 2nd June in aid of Macmillan. They teed off at around 6.30am and came in at about 8pm raising a significant sum of money (not yet declared). If Matt is going to do 10 rounds in the daylight, which is basically 17 hours from sunrise at 4.30am to sunset at 9.30pm, that is roughly 1 1/2 hours a round with minor breaks for food and drink.

What is the Guinness World Record?

Very Best Wishes Matt - I am sure all at Wortley will join me in that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

It is an amazing target. Four ladies at Wortley did 4 rounds on Sunday 2nd June in aid of Macmillan. They teed off at around 6.30am and came in at about 8pm raising a significant sum of money (not yet declared). If Matt is going to do 10 rounds in the daylight, which is basically 17 hours from sunrise at 4.30am to sunset at 9.30pm, that is roughly 1 1/2 hours a round with minor breaks for food and drink.

The world record is something like 23 rounds.  I’m intending doing the first 6 @ 90 minutes and the last 4 @ 2 hours.  Hopefully done around 9pm.   The course is in great condition and has coped with all the rain amazingly, not too much more forecasted for tomorrow thankfully. Off to bed now, the alarm is set for 3am.....

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Matt456 said:

The world record is something like 23 rounds.  I’m intending doing the first 6 @ 90 minutes and the last 4 @ 2 hours.  Hopefully done around 9pm.   The course is in great condition and has coped with all the rain amazingly, not too much more forecasted for tomorrow thankfully. Off to bed now, the alarm is set for 3am.....

I'll be careful I don't get sucked into your slipstream tomorrow!

Good luck!!

5 hours ago, Andrew Robinson said:

Suspect he might be going for another Guinness record after he's finished. A pint of the black stuff for every round completed.

Just to let you all know, Matt completed his 10 rounds about 7 o'clock.  Would have been quicker but had some time outs to conduct interviews with Radio Sheffield and Look North who kindly decided to show him hit a duffed chip!

Some impressive stuff really as his best round 77 and worst was 85 which bizarrely was his first round of the day. He holed out on every hole, only lost 1 ball and finished par, birdie, birdie on his last round, chipping in on his 180th hole in front of a big crowd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 5

34 minutes ago, Brommers said:

Just to let you all know, Matt completed his 10 rounds about 7 o'clock.  Would have been quicker but had some time outs to conduct interviews with Radio Sheffield and Look North who kindly decided to show him hit a duffed chip!

Some impressive stuff really as his best round 77 and worst was 85 which bizarrely was his first round of the day. He holed out on every hole, only lost 1 ball and finished par, birdie, birdie on his last round, chipping in on his 180th hole in front of a big crowd.

More pressure than playing for a couple of quid, eh?

i watched Matt's 6th round and was impressed!

He seemed to be concentrating well and fighting for his score rather than racing round!

3 hours ago, Brommers said:

Thats amazing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, the man's been at it again!

11 rounds in a day THIS YEAR..... excellent play ...focused mentally as well as physically able, and making it easy for the ball spotters.

I saw him after his 9th and he'd only used one ball to date!

Each round took about 70 minutes!

Matt is raising funds for Alzheimer's UK (the Captains Charity) and our club fund.

Here's the donation page if you want more info.....

https://www.gofundme.com/f/matthew-gibson-most-rounds-in-a-day-attempt?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=m_pd+share-sheet&fbclid=IwAR3EVaSFQ1VsTl-OcWJSuJLbDyF1BHrUwV1OgpUYVsDclfYdGVhDKpVMrlA

Edited by OhForAnotherShez
  • Like 1